It is the Military who salutes the flag, who
serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is
draped by the flag who allows the protestor
to burn the flag.

If you can read this thank a teacher,
if you are reading it in English thank
a veteran.

Author unknown (atleast to me)

Twardo, not sure if that is Pt, Loma, but it looks a lot like it. A man I consider my adoptive father is in entombed there. He was a medic that landed on Omaha beach on D-Day, seeing and trying to treat the carnage. He considered every day there after as his second "bonus" life because he somehow was not in injured. He taught me so much by example alone. He embodied the spirit of the veteran with the his willingness to serve, both in the military and afterwards in public life. His name was O. Robert (Don't call me Olney) Thorn.

Thanks for the picture.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Twardo, not sure if that is Pt, Loma, but it looks a lot like it. Thanks for the picture.

As Twardo was recently at Omaha Beach I would guess that pic was taken there.....looking out in the distance at the ocean.
I have been to many veterans cemetaries including Point Loma and the Punchbowl on Oahu. The punchbowl is signifigant to me as I have 27 family members interred there or on the walls of the missing in action.
War sucks...but I would go again if they needed me.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Many thanks and much appreciation to current and past vets.

My father is a retired Navy vet. My dad (miss you, dad [:/]) was a retired Air Force vet and is buried at Ft. Levenworth..still have a hard time hearing the song Taps - makes me cry every time I hear it. My older brother is a MSGT in the USAF. I'm so proud of them.

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

To all our veterans home and away, thank you for your service, and to those who paid the ultimate price, you are not forgotten.

"When you go home tell them of us and say for your tomorrow we gave our today."

To all our veterans, wherever you hail from: Thank you for your service.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Twardo, not sure if that is Pt, Loma, but it looks a lot like it. A man I consider my adoptive father is in entombed there. He was a medic that landed on Omaha beach on D-Day, seeing and trying to treat the carnage. He considered every day there after as his second "bonus" life because he somehow was not in injured. He taught me so much by example alone. He embodied the spirit of the veteran with the his willingness to serve, both in the military and afterwards in public life. His name was O. Robert (Don't call me Olney) Thorn.

Thanks for the picture.

That pic is from Omaha Beach, I took it last month.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks for that. My dad is a vet, and my cousin is leaving in a month for another tour of duty in Iraq.

You're welcome. My dad is also a vet. I will say a special prayer for your cousin. He/She has my deepest appreciation.:)