Nightingale

I'm really a lawyer now!

Do you know where I can find a lawyer to sue someone who was throwing rocks at me?

Do I have a case? What's the statute of limitations? Are there any jurisdiction issues as long as the plaintiff and defendant live in the same state, even if it's not the state in which the act occurred?

Congrats--

Harry

:P

Thanks for the rock-skipping lesson, Harry.:)

Congrats to you!
:)

OBTW... sorry, but I'd now be reluctant to jump with you. I canot take the risk of being sued if I ruin your skydive because I brain lock or go low or spill hot coffee on your crotch or what not... :P:D:D:D

Okay... funny story... years and years ago I was sitting on an Otter with a bunch of up-jumpers going to altitude and a JM with half a dozen or so Static Line students. As we taxied out for take off, the experienced folk were woo-whooin' and congradulating the students for what they were about to do, asking them where they were from and what they did and what not... as each student sounded off, said their name, what they did... jumpers responding "that's cool" and such... got to one of them and he said "I'm a lawyer"... the whole plane got quiet, folks kinda looked at him through narrowed eyes, edged away... big pause... to which he said... "I'm one of the good kind of lawyers"... to which he got the polite chuckle.

:D

Anyway... any skydiving lawyer jokes?
:D:D

I'd give a slight edge to defense, but prosecution would be interesting too.

Congratulations!!

I think prosecuting opens more doors than defense. If you want to go into civil, you have trial experience where you had the burden of proof. You can also switch over to defense and put former prosecutor on your resume. Criminal cases can also keep the lights on while you develop your practice in another area. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I was sworn in to the California State Bar today!

You Fuggin ROCK!

Now, about that advice I was needing . . .:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Way to go Nightingale! I'm sure you'll be great at it, from what I've seen of you in your posts.;) ( Though we disagree a lot!) Your hard work sure paid off, didn't it? Congrats!
Sarah

p.s. What kind of people will you be representing?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

Way to go Nightingale! I'm sure you'll be great at it, from what I've seen of you in your posts.;) ( Though we disagree a lot!) Your hard work sure paid off, didn't it? Congrats!
Sarah

p.s. What kind of people will you be representing?

I'm not sure yet... ideally, criminal defendants, but there are a lot of areas of law that interest me.

Woo hoo!

When I got sworn in, I had a little sessions court collections case I tried the next day. So here I am, feeling all grown-up and..well...lawyerly. And the sessions judge asked me if I had copies of an exhibit I was entering into evidence. He said, and I QUOTE:

"You made copies, right? You young lawyers do do that, don't you?"

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Your Honor, you just said DOO DOO!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Brie's mind>

I barely muffled a laugh. I said MONTHS AGO that it would happen, and it did. I guess I'm not as grown up as I thought. Here's to all the immature fucks out there with bar numbers.

:)
Brie

"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie