jumpnjivin

Anybody in Europe or traveled to Europe.

I love diving in switzerland. There are beauty full walls and it's always a big adventure because it's pitch black all the time. Just be ready for walls which go 1200 feet down below you, visibility below a foot and 35°F for the hole dive.
And do a simple dive first. Diving in Swiss lake is nothing like diving in an ocean.

I really enjoyed my time in the Tyrol in Austria. I was staying in Kufstein for work. There is DZ at Kundl 15 miles or so up the valley toward Innsbruk. Around the corner in the mountains is Kitzbühel. Salzburg and Innsbruk are at the two end of the Inn valley served by a train that even someone who had never taken a train in their life and doesn't speak German could figure out. I stayed extra days each time. The mountains are laced with hiking paths and chairlifts. Didn't know where I was going but ended up at a restraunt at the top and took the chair back to the bottom to get to a meeting.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Europe is simply one of the most beautiful continents on Earth. If you want to experience as much as possible, I say, be a gypsy. Take the rail and only spend a couple days in each location.

If you're looking for a relaxing, quiet holiday; head north as southern Europe is busy that time of year.

Enjoy!:)

Europe is simply one of the most beautiful continents on Earth. If you want to experience as much as possible, I say, be a gypsy. Take the rail and only spend a couple days in each location.

If you're looking for a relaxing, quiet holiday; head north as southern Europe is busy that time of year.

Enjoy!:)

I'm lucky to get to travel quit a bit, been to Europe a dozen times this year...and I would have to argue the rail pass idea.

The rail is an efficient way to get around but it's not as cheap as it was even a few years ago, and the 'problem' is that you are limited to the areas in and around places served by the train...there is SO much more to see once off the tourista track.

We've made the Paris to Rome drive 3 times this year and STILL haven't seen 1/2 of what we wanted to...a lotta little places we'd have missed not driving.

Gas is WAY expensive in Europe by US standards, but car rentals are REALLY cheap...and smaller hotels in little villages are quaint, inexpensive and give a little of the local flavor missed just going to larger cities.

The way we travel to places we've not been, is to get the current 'Lonely Planet' book on that country and lay out a rough itinerary of things we'd like to see. Those books are a travelers bible, they give you what is worth seeing and what's a waste of time, areas in towns to stay away from, places to eat, stay, roads to avoid...best time or most scenic routes, even down to the toll rates.

By not having any 'set' plans or reservations, we can stay someplace we like longer or leave someplace we don't quicker...going precisely where and when you want to beats the train any day...IMHO.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I personally don't liked planned vacation at all (I don't like site seeing either) so how about this: Just start in Zürich (Switzerland is by FAR the best country in Europe;)) and just go where ever you feel like going and stay where ever you feel like staying.
You will learn more about the culture if you do that than all the touristy things.

Unless you're a soccer fan stay away from Austria and Switzerland as they are the host countries for Euro 2008. You won't get a real sense of these countries during the tournament. Dive in Sorrento, or even Gaeta (off the beaten path) in Italy. I've never dived in other parts of Europe.