shropshire

iPhone....wow

Yup...thinking about turning in the crackberry, iphone is a bit more $ but does more of what I want...and I can read it!

My brother went out and got one the very first day it came out, in Hawaii. I got to see it up close a few weeks ago when he came for a visit. Even my little girl was having fun making the screen images roll from page to page. I got that on video somewhere. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Great graphics and nice photos etc. but the phone itself sucks. An Attorney friend turned his in because he could not call his office from the golf course. ATT is a poor provider for phone service. They can't get a signal when those cheap phones can. Treo's and Crackberry's are better phones.

The take up has been VERY Slow.... probably due to the outrageous cost ... £269 ($566.24!!!) for the hand set alone and then a contract with O2 of £32 ($67.36) a month for a minumum of 18 months!!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The take up has been VERY Slow.... probably due to the outrageous cost ... £269 ($566.24!!!) for the hand set alone and then a contract with O2 of £32 ($67.36) a month for a minumum of 18 months!!!

Just saw a story today about how the only crowds in the stores were the reporters waiting for the crowds. I have a co-worker in the UK who uses one. He bought it on a business trip over here shortly after it was launched, and applied the hack so he could use it there.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

i have a 3 year contract with t mobile so i decided to just get the ipod touch and hack it with all sorts of custom app's

its pretty amazing technology..i love it and i havnt been able to put it down since i bought it

it basically does everything that the iphone does without the phone/built-in speaker..and more

its safe to say that im in love
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

I bought my wife an iPhone for her birthday. for a person who swore she'd never ever "need something like that"...She loves it and will not let it out of her sight or palms. Well worth the money we spent on it. PLUS this means i will get my own shortly.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I have had one for just over a week and I love everything about it but the phone.

It should be called the iAnsweringMachine. Because I can never get service. I live in New England and travel from Hartford CT to Western Mass everyday and I don't have an ATT signal 90% of the time. I thought it must be the phone itself and exchanged it but it did not help. Luckily I have WIFI almost everywhere I go so I can still access all the other features.

I can hold possibly a 2 minute conversation without it dropping the call when I do get service. Looks like I'm going to have to have a Verizon phone to make calls and an iPhone for the rest of the stuff I cant live without now.

Deano

Seems to be very dependent on where you live in the states as far as ATT coverage. We had spectactularly bad coverage when my wife had verizon before. With ATT I rarely if ever do not have coverage. When I don't it's because I'm in a hospital somewhere. Anne has had some minor frustrations with not receiving calls on her iPhone. but all in all she's in love with the thing.

T minus 43 days till I get mine. that means 43 shopping days till that fat bespecticled dude comes around again.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I used my US iPhone on November 8th in the UK. It automatically connected to O2 and I got voicemail and IM's. I did not try to connect to any other features.

As of now, there are no roaming charges on my ATT bill! (All the data was incoming).....

I love my iPhone...

It needs:
1. Macromedia Flash
2. Yahoo IM
3. Video Camera