Toad-Licker Arrested. Toad also Arrested.

Why would anyone have tried this in the first place, to even DISCOVER what interesting side effects there could be from licking toads? I mean, never once has that sounded like a good idea. And who went around licking all different kinds of toads to determine which ones worked and which ones didn't??? :S

TPM Sister #102

Why would anyone have tried this in the first place, to even DISCOVER what interesting side effects there could be from licking toads? I mean, never once has that sounded like a good idea. And who went around licking all different kinds of toads to determine which ones worked and which ones didn't??? :S

Paulie Shore:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

"What I like, I lick. What I don't I kick."
from "Problem Child" by AC/DC

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Apparently, I live under a rock. Ironically, this should draw me closer to the general toad population but I *still* never thought about licking one! :D

My guess is that native people in S. America first discovered it somehow, and may have used the venom on spear tips. I hadn't heard of N. American Psycho-Toads befor today. There may be info at the site below.

http://www.erowid.org/animals/toads/toads.shtml

Scroll down for user's experiencesB|

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Who knows, but the toad venome does contain a DEA Schedule 1 chemical, Dimethyl Tryptamine, DMT (actually 5-MEO-DMT). So maybe they consider you to be in possession of DMT if you have a pet TrippyToad.

It looks like the licking part is BS. You actually smoke the dried venom, which destroys more toxic components and leaves the DMT in the smoke.

Here is how you do it. Please post results of experiments :

When you are ready to begin, hold the toad firmly with one hand and, with thumb and forefinger of your other hand, squeeze near the base of the gland until the venom squirts out of the pores and onto the glass plate. Use this method to systematically collect the venom from each of the toad's granular glands: those on the forearm, those on the tibia and femur of the hind leg and, of course, the parotoids on the neck. Each gland can be squeezed a second time for an additional yield of venom if you allow the toad a one hour rest period. After this, the glands are empty and require four to six weeks for regeneration.

The venom is viscous and milky-white in color when first squeezed from the glands. It begins drying within minutes and acquires the color and texture of rubber cement. Scrape the venom from the glass plate, dry it thoroughly, and store it in an airtight container until you are ready to smoke it.

The venom from B. alvarius is extremely hallucinogen when vaporized by heat and taken into the lungs in the form of smoke. An adequate dose for a normal adult of average size is a piece of dried venom about the size of a paper match head. Shave it into thin slices with a razor blade and put the pieces in a clean one-toke pipe fitted with a brass screen. Designate this pipe strictly for smoking toad venom, as the accumulation of residue in the bowl and condensation of vapors within the stem can yield an unintentional high with other smoking materials.

Apply a suitable flame and smoke the contents of the bowl in one complete inhalation. Try to hold the smoke in your lungs as long as possible as the effectiveness will depend largely on the full dose being absorbed in one breath.

Within thirty seconds, there will be an onset of almost overwhelming psychedelic effects. You will be completely absorbed in a complex chemical even characterized by an overload of thoughts and perception, brief collapse of the EGO, and loss of the space-time continuum. Relax, breathe regularly, and flow with the experience. After two to three minutes, the initial intensity fades to a pleasant LSD-like sensation in which visual illusions, hallucinations, and perceptual distortions are common. You may sense a distortion in your perceived body image or notice the world shrinking or expanding. You may notice that colors seem more brighter and more beautiful than usual. And, most likely, you will experience a euphoric mood interspersed with bursts of unmotivated laughter.

This ineffable episode is of extremely short duration. The hallucinogenic effects dissipate rapidly and the entire psychedelic cycle is completed within fifteen minutes. There is no hangover or harmful effect. On the contrary, a pleaseant psychedelic afterglow appears quite regularly and may last several hours to several days after smoking the venom of B. alvarius, the Psychedelic Toad of the Sonoran Desert.

http://www.erowid.org/animals/toads/toads_writings1.shtml

-NickDG

Why would anyone have tried this in the first place, to even DISCOVER what interesting side effects there could be from licking toads? crazy]

Don't limit the Imagination.
Ever had an artichoke heart?
How about a pineapple?
Ever heard of someone eating a blowfish?

SOMEONE is always the first. if a blowfish is not cooked exactly right you'll die.

Ever wonder how so many vaccines are created? from people doing odd things.

who was the first to put their mouth on someones genitaila...and how did others hear about it?:D

Word of mouth I guess.
My photos

My Videos

Holy shit,

I haven't read erowid in forever. ;)

"I was at no time in any hurry to do anything. I patiently retreived my 'aroma oil incense burner' (vaporizer/crackpipe)..."

Brilliant!:D

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

The serious crime rate must be really, really low in KC.

Thing is, if I had access to a toad, I would try it (smoking, not licking).

-NickDG

[

"What I like, I lick. What I don't I kick."
from "Problem Child" by AC/DC

" And my momma hates me"

Great tune!

Night Prowler ? AWESOME!

Touch to Much is another favorite.

.B|B|B|B|

"You won't feel the steel 'till it's hanging out you're back...."
from "Night Prowler"

-NickDG

if a blowfish is not cooked exactly right you'll die.

If the sushi chef doesn't cut it right, you could die... ;)
If done correct...
Just a beautiful tingle :D
Fugu
and only SPECIALLY TRAINED chefs are allowed to prepare it
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Fugu
and only SPECIALLY TRAINED chefs are allowed to prepare it

That's what its called. Thanks.

The point being how many customers did they go through to learn the proper way?:D

Licking a frog may be the next big "delicacy."
It's also known as kissing the prince or DOING KERMIT;)
My photos

My Videos