ACMESkydiver

It's Friday, November 9th -FITNESS QUEST Boys n' Girls -SOUND OFF!

Hey everyone! How are we doing?

I know you're not supposed to weigh every day...but I'm waiting for the exact MOMENT when the scale ticks off that next mile stone. Unfortunately, it has been playing around with 2.5 pounds in the past few days which is frustrating (and precisely the reason why you SHOULDN'T weigh daily :S) -but I just want to know the MOMENT it happens!! :D:D:D

I'm still hanging out at about 28 pounds lost (give or take 1 pound).

I HAD A VICTORY YESTERDAY, THOUGH!!! I was doing the tricep push-down machine at the gym...the one that you sit on the seat and the back is angled forward a smidge, then your hands grip the thingies right about shoulder level and you keep your elbows in and push down all the way to work the tri- anyhoo, when I started at the gym, I brushed the outside of my legs/hips every time I pushed down with the handles. LAST NIGHT I HAD AN INCH OF CLEARANCE ON BOTH SIDES!!! WOO-HOO!!! I almost jumped up and shouted 'This sh*t is finally working!!!' :D:D:D

:P I'm happy. I should do my measurements, but I have to run. I have to get to the gym!

Even though that stupid ol' scale is stuck, I am seeing some improvements. And I am committed to the process, so it's all good. B|

How's everyone doing? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Not that I read any of your posts anyway, but it would be REALLY NICE if you wouldn't TYPE IN CAPS IN YOUR SUBJECT LINES -- it's rather obnoxious and shows a lack of netiquette -- not to mention that it looks really stupid.

Thanks.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I'm still hovering around (and lately just a bit over) that "milestone number" on the scale. Its just another plateau but I know overall I am healthier and my body is much more toned than it ever has been. I'm debating whether or not I should head out to the gym tonight after work or head straight home and hang with the SO. I doubt I'll make it tomorrow or Sunday and reading about other people's 2 hour workouts and 5000 pushups, crunches and flutter kicks is making me feel like a slacker, but it is Friday night, you know??

Then don't read her posts and ignore it. Problem solved.

Anyways, I LIKE THE WAY YOUR POSTS ARE ACME!!!

;)

My week has been crazy busy so I haven't been to the gym much this week. But I try to do small workouts at home when i'm there. I've been traveling as well, so that is not making it any easier. Trying to stay motivated, but its tough right now with everyone on my plate and 1 million things going on....

Next week will be better....as long as I can go to sleep at a decent time as well too :S

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Who are you?

I thought you left us - cuz we werent important enought - :(:(:(

No...I left you because you weren't making me any greenbacks -dead presidents -wampum -whip in the hip -cashola. B|:D

I need to make money to pay for life's little luxuries that I've come to enjoy, like power...heat...running water...shelter...shit like that. :P

I'm staying true to my Fitness Quest threads. If I have time I'll check other stuff here and there...
~Jaye

Not that I read any of your posts anyway, but it would be REALLY NICE if you wouldn't TYPE IN CAPS IN YOUR SUBJECT LINES -- it's rather obnoxious and shows a lack of netiquette -- not to mention that it looks really stupid.

Thanks.

I post it like that because last year when we were doing this as a summer challenge it was harder to find the thread to check in on if it rolled to the second page before you could post your numbers.

But if you don't like it just skip over the thread. Shouldn't take a fucking genius to figure that out, sport.
~Jaye

I'm still hovering around (and lately just a bit over) that "milestone number" on the scale. Its just another plateau but I know overall I am healthier and my body is much more toned than it ever has been. I'm debating whether or not I should head out to the gym tonight after work or head straight home and hang with the SO. I doubt I'll make it tomorrow or Sunday and reading about other people's 2 hour workouts and 5000 pushups, crunches and flutter kicks is making me feel like a slacker, but it is Friday night, you know??

Hooray for the toning! As for the workout...whether you do it right after work or later, I'm betting you won't regret it.
~Jaye

I am down 11 lbs since september....was stuck last week and never thought I would break the barrier, but finally did. It has been about 10 yrs since I weighed this amount:S. Even though we are over on the boat and there is no gym access I walked the dogs 2-3 miles today and continue to watch my eating......my goal is to hit 135.....9lbs to go;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

As for the workout...whether you do it right after work or later, I'm betting you won't regret it.

Well, if I don't go as soon as I leave here, I won't workout tonight. And tomorrow and Sunday are both iffy, because unless I get up and go really early, I won't have a chance to go at all because I've got stuff to do all weeekend. I know I SHOULD go tonight, but there's a nice bottle of Chenin Sec all chilled and ready for me. ..... sigh ..... I don't think I'll decide until I leave work in about an hour- turn onto the expressway towards home or keep going up the street to the health club! Choices, choices!

Next week will be better....as long as I can go to sleep at a decent time as well too :S

Getting some sleep is such a pain in the butt!

HEY! Where are the Halloween pics?! :P:)

Hahaha as promised, the pics are from this past sunday at our party.....and yes that is a real replica 300 440 carbon steel sword I'm holding....which is now my pride and joy B|

Sorry the pics are kind of small and these pics are courtesy of Jewels :)
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

I am down 11 lbs since september....was stuck last week and never thought I would break the barrier, but finally did. It has been about 10 yrs since I weighed this amount:S. Even though we are over on the boat and there is no gym access I walked the dogs 2-3 miles today and continue to watch my eating......my goal is to hit 135.....9lbs to go;)

Hooray!!! :)
~Jaye

If you're on a plateau don't worry about it. You'll hit a point eventually where metabolism equals your lowered caloric intake (fat takes calories to maintain as well). You're still building muscle and transfering the fat weight over so it will kick over eventually. Look for a candy bar, soda, or other junk to cut out of your diet a few days per week.

I've always enjoyed replacing a few breakfasts, lunches or dinners each week with a thick protein shake. A few cup of milk or soy milk, a few scoops of soy or whey protein (I try to balance the protein of the liquid against the powder), large pinch of some type of bakers bran (low calories high fiber like miller's bran or similar) and a small banana. Blend it up so the total volume is about a quart (hand blenders are great here) and I promise you will NOT be hungry. You might even make that last two meals. Try to get the vitamin fortified powder.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum several times and I can tell you it will work in the long run.

If you're on a plateau don't worry about it. You'll hit a point eventually where metabolism equals your lowered caloric intake (fat takes calories to maintain as well). You're still building muscle and transfering the fat weight over so it will kick over eventually. Look for a candy bar, soda, or other junk to cut out of your diet a few days per week.

I've always enjoyed replacing a few breakfasts, lunches or dinners each week with a thick protein shake. A few cup of milk or soy milk, a few scoops of soy or whey protein (I try to balance the protein of the liquid against the powder), large pinch of some type of bakers bran (low calories high fiber like miller's bran or similar) and a small banana. Blend it up so the total volume is about a quart (hand blenders are great here) and I promise you will NOT be hungry. You might even make that last two meals. Try to get the vitamin fortified powder.

I've been on both sides of the spectrum several times and I can tell you it will work in the long run.

I have a hand-blended protein shake every day. B| I don't eat junk food any more...the worst I get is a square of dark chocolate or sugar-free cocoa. :P

I'm ok with it...I know it will catch up. I'm just waiting for that glorious moment when it does. :ph34r:
~Jaye

Gonna post the update from today on here since it's the new thread.

300 situps, 150 reverse crunches, 150 side crunches per side, and 200 arm/leg lifts.

I'm not impressed until you get into the 1,000's for sit ups. :|

:D:D:D:P
~Jaye

Hahaha as promised, the pics are from this past sunday at our party.....and yes that is a real replica 300 440 carbon steel sword I'm holding....which is now my pride and joy B|

Sorry the pics are kind of small and these pics are courtesy of Jewels :)

WOO-HOO!!! See? No problem at all. B|:ph34r:
~Jaye

Doing well here, everything considered! I did take my parents to dinner tonight and totally blew through my limit though. Don't think I'll hop on the scale tomorrow... I'll give it a day or two to reverse tonight's damage. ;):$ But it was worth it. :)
The good news though, is a more structured and better workout and workout schedule is in my near future! :)

~skysprite