DeadHead881

Slacklining...

Hey everyone i was out on my slackline today and was just thinking about how i never see any one else doing it...well i just wanted to see who all around here does it..why you do it? how long you been doing it for? ya know that kind of thing...so yeah if ne on around here slacklines lets hear it!!!
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail...

Because it's the single most retarded craze I've seen hit the DZ.

I have seen more skydivers injured in one evening of slacklining than I ever have seen in a full weekend at the DZ.

:P

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Because it's the single most retarded craze I've seen hit the DZ.

Ya think it's more retarded than the neon colors on gear craze? Or is it just that you fell off when you tried it? :P

I have seen more skydivers injured in one evening of slacklining than I ever have seen in a full weekend at the DZ.

We had a line up for 9 months at Davis with no injuries. :)

HAHA I'm lovin the response here!

Well i absolutely cant get enough of it...it really has become my form of meditation and i feel weird without doing it at least once a day...i was thinking it would be awesome to have one at a DZ the other day thats awesome you guys did that...i think it would be an awesome pre jump ritual to get the brain and body working as one before your jump!

its more of a rock climber than skydiver crowed.... all though... highlining is where its at... maybe one day... base highlining

i think its already being done. i've seen a couple things on discovery and rush hd about a guy named dean potter doing highlining. he went to mexico to to a base jump from the line into the cave, but i think he got hurt on a cave jump from the edge. before he jumped line.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

I think at least half the people in my club does it. There's a line on the dropzone too...

Why? Well I don't know... it's fun? :)
I've walked two highlines so far, and there's just something about setting up a system like that, and then trust your life to it. I think I was more scared then, than on my first skydive, and I still have to keep my balance... So it's simply a great challenge.

And should you be interested, here's the videos of both lines. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Looniks .. the quality sucks, though.

I really like that Highline video...i wish i had some pictures or video of me on my line...i should get on that...But I've been wanting to do really high lines ever since i started just don't really know where to do them and i don't have the rock climbing experience to set up a line like that...but someday ill learn! the highest ve gone is ten feet on my 50 foot line...It is one of the funnest things you can do i think.B|