jclalor

2009 fatalities

while 13 deaths are 13 too many, it turned out to be one of the safest years ever in our sport.

Be safe in 2010.

The fatality reports page is not updated its more like 19 or 20 and it also probably one of the slowest years in the amount of jumps in many years also.

while 13 deaths are 13 too many, it turned out to be one of the safest years ever in our sport.

are you talking USA or worldwide?

i'm sure i have seen more than 13 in the incident reports!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

if my gut feeling is right, we've had more fatalities in europe (though some of the were base-related like in switzerland) than in the usa - and that is quite troubling :|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

we've had more fatalities in europe (though some of the were base-related like in switzerland) than in the usa - and that is quite troubling

Can't seem to find your point there.
What do you mean? Like they jump more or they're fat or wtf do you mean?
What goes around, comes later.

Be safe in 2010.

I just hope your numbers hold up. A safer sport means more of my friends to jump with in the future.

And, +1 on the BE SAFE IN 2010
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

we've had more fatalities in europe (though some of the were base-related like in switzerland) than in the usa - and that is quite troubling

Can't seem to find your point there.
What do you mean? Like they jump more or they're fat or wtf do you mean?

I think it's that there are fewer jumpers and fewer jumps there, so even the same number of accidents would mean a higher accident rate (accidents per jumper or per jump)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

USA, bad year in europe.

This website is becoming USADropzone.com more and more every day.

please try to beore specific, there are 'MANY' people that read and contribute to these forums from other parts of the world, try to have respect and acknowledge that there is more to the world than the USA!

thanks!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

USA, bad year in europe.

please try to beore specific, there are 'MANY' people that read and contribute to these forums from other parts of the world, try to have respect and acknowledge that there is more to the world than the USA!

thanks!

fixed and you should know by now that for most posters there is no world outside of the usa

2010 - the year with a smile in every post :)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I was only making an observation about US fatalities and was not trying to offend anyone. It seems making any statement on this site will offend someone in one way or another.

BTW, I have been to over twenty five countries and every continent but one. I am VERY AWARE of the world outside the US.

I don't think anyone would have taken offense if you had said only 13 fatalities in the US. Otherwise the headline was somewhat confusing/misleading to many. It was nothing about the post itself, just how it was presented.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

USA, bad year in europe.

thanks!

would you like some wine with your cheese? jesus dude, that was the worst post i have seen on DZ.com in referance to someone being a little brat.
IHYD

thanks!

Do you think those in the USA should give you the same respect you give their people and country?

*The fear mongering has really worked in the US hasn't it.

Is that why you guys don't travel as much as other nations?

*it is americas meek and subdued public that needs to be informed, and jesse ventura may well have the correct method of getting it out there, we will only see when the 911 episode is aired.

*there are camps with nober of people in the hundreds of thousands, civilians, dying of starvation and cold, put out of home, by amrerican bombs and american tax money.

*It is americas fault the teleban are so strong, don;t punish the afghani civilians more than they have already.

*Not surprising since the Industrial Military Complex is out of control, more than half of the gobal military spending is done so by the USA (5% of the worlds population).

*On the bright side, america has lost its stong hold on the earth and will soon have to act like the poor bums that they actually are(trillions in debt).

*The new american century 'plan' will not happen, and the right wing cunts that are responable for this whole mess will soon be held to trial.

You have got to be kidding!

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Keep the politics in Speaker's Corner, please.

So anyway...is that 13 figure accurate for the USA?

Correlation to number of jumps not withstanding, it would be nice to see something significantly less than the average I recall for the past few decades.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Unfortunately, no. There are a number of US fatalities that aren't in the database.

A quick and not very careful browse through the Incidents Forum suggests its more like the low 20s.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Unfortunately, no. There are a number of US fatalities that aren't in the database.

A quick and not very careful browse through the Incidents Forum suggests its more like the low 20s.

About 'par'. :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~