ItHasToBeSaid

PotatoHead attacks Woody at Skydive Atlanta

I've seen n heard bout scuffles and after thinking bout this situation realized it could of ended like this in any of those incidences. People can get thrown into things, land on things.

So the next time someone wants to just 'pop' that dude remember it may not be just that, there may be unforseen consequences.
hmmm says the mouse

Our prays and thoughts are with Woody and his family. Since he might go home before some of us can get up to see him. Trey do you have an address so I can send some funds to Patty for help with day to day things. Because it appears Woody might not be at work for a while. We are thinking of you Woody. We love ya.

If anyone would like to help the family with a donation, please make a check payable to "Charles Woodard" and send it to the DZ.

Skydive Atlanta, RE: Woody
2333 Delray Rd
Thomaston, GA 30286

Due to the nature of this incident, I'd rather not give his home address out.
I will make sure they get any correspondence you send, even if it's just a get well card.

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Well said Spence! We've seen those types around us including pedophiles. I guess some would not have us "rat" those dirtbags out.

What people do is their business, no doubt about it, but like you, I feel you have to draw a somewhere. Somethings are totally unacceptable.
Here's to Old Farts in the Wind!

Chris, I understand your point. I do watch who I associate with at the DZ and how close I get with them.

I don't really know either person involved, which is why I probably should hold my opinion, and let those that do know them speak up.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What a stupid argument.

Maybe for those who see in just black and white i should point out there are limits to everything. A child does nothing to deserve being abused and the offender needs thrown in jail to rott.

I'm not going to make assumptions about what happened and as to why he deserved it or didn't deseerve it, i dont know the guy and will not drag his name in the mud saying "cheater." But it was not a random attack and the majority of us dont have the FACTS.

All im saying is this has nothing to do with the majority of the folks casting their iron opinions.

Far too many people stick their noses into shit they shouldnt. Ignorance is bliss.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I'm not angry, i just hate seeing a lynch mob when they dont know details. Sometimes its best to just stand back, take a deep breath and look at the facts. Not the emotions.

And i could never be angry at you :)

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

And those that are saying
"Woody was a Flirt so therefore he Must have sleeping with Jill so therefore he deserved what he got" are making a hell of a lot of assumptions with absolutely NOTHING to go on.

People that are being blinded by their Friendships and alliances. Tater is very much a friend of mine. That doesn’t change the fact that He fucked up. Big time on this one. No two ways about it.

Anyone saying Woody had this coming that doesn’t know for 100% certain that Woody had something going on with Jill is just as guilty as Tater here. You are doing to his family the same thing that Tater did to him. Causing SERIOUS Damage based on nothing more than a rumor and hearsay.

If being a Flirt is justification for this type of shit, I am going to have start carrying at the DZ again because I more guilty than Woody ever was of that. I cut up and flirt with many women at the DZ. Should I start looking over my shoulder for that Blind Side punch now?

If someone attacks me, it must automatically mean that I banged his Wife or GF right? That is what some of you are saying.

No one but Woody and Jill know if ever they did anything.

So at the end of the day, what we have is one friend laying in the hospital ICU, Another friend that is looking at serious Jail time and a bunch of other friends running around pointing fingers at each other all over something that no one really knows for sure if it is even remotely true.

What a Fucked up mess.

I'm not angry, i just hate seeing a lynch mob when they dont know details. Sometimes its best to just stand back, take a deep breath and look at the facts. Not the emotions.

Welcome to the bonfire, where its fun to jump in the dog pack blindly, w/o facts.... unfortunately it happens quite often and ironically its almost always the same people running their gators. Iam a huge flirt, does that mean I sleep around with all of them NO!

Just had a very "short and sweet" visit with Woody and family. He is as "aleart" as can be expected. His color is good and he is waiting to hear from the dotors.

Basically he, his wife, and family just want to go home, rest, and have a cigerette.

Please send nothing but good vibes for a speedy recovery.

So true. Maybe I should have held my tongue.

Do you do that by putting mittens on your hands? :S:D:D

I hope woody recovers quickly.

judy

He's deaf - not dumb . . .

wait . . .

Can I digress?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Right on, J.

Best thing to do is say a prayer, send vibes, good thoughts, or whatever you're comfortable with, for all parties involved. I hope for a speedy recovery for Woody, and comfort for his family and friends, and I hope that PotatoHead is able to sort his issues out and get help, no matter where or what that means. Vibes/prayers also go to Jill because whoever she is, her name was drug into this as well.

Lastly, I know this is a serious situation and I'm not trying to make light of it, but did anyone else unfamiliar with the GA crew think this thread was going to be a weird Toy Story joke, after reading the subject? :P

~skysprite

So true. Maybe I should have held my tongue.

Do you do that by putting mittens on your hands? :S:D:D

I hope woody recovers quickly.

judy

:D:D:D simply turning off my computer or logging out would have done the trick. :P

I agree with Thanatos. All this finger pointing is sometimes why people can't get a fair trial.

How about we just stop it, and only post updates on Woody's condition, and let the authorities handle the rest?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All this finger pointing is sometimes why people can't get a fair trial.

Why? What does that mean when you point a finger at someone?
I thought it meany "You" - does it mean something different?

Or are they not using the index finger?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

As I was leaving The Farm on Sunday night, my bf Brandon was giving Tater directions to Skydive Atlanta (he asked for the directions from Brandon). I don't know anything of their conversation but I'm sure Tater didn't tell Brandon the real reason why he was going to SDA. Brandon would have certainly said something if he suspected or knew something was up. Tater specifically asked for directions AROUND Barnsville because he didn't want to go through it.

Both Woody and Jill are good friends of mine; I don't know Tater that well. I wish Woody a speedy recovery.

All I know is that I'm not going to jump to conclusions about a situation that I know nothing about. It isn't right to say who deserved what when you know nothing about what it REALLY going on.

Spence- I agree with you 100%. What I am upset about it people doing shit that makes our sport look bad- demos that should have been canceled because of bad weather end up with jumpers breaking their legs, people messing with another's rig b/c of a love triangle and someone dies, the list goes on and on. It's only a matter of time before the media gets a hold of this. And we wonder why skydiving membership is declining?????
http://3ringnecklace.com/

So I guess that, by your argument, cold cocking a man and DAMN near taking his life is something we should just ignore because ratting a person out is unacceptable behavior?

I do agree with your assessment, as I have already said, that the rumor mongering needs to stop. It helps no one.

But, the facts are this guy DID blindside a person and damn near killed him! THAT is unacceptable behavior.

As I have said, what people do is their business until it infringes on others well being.
Here's to Old Farts in the Wind!

Ahhhh...:)

WAIT A MINUTE! Does that count as flirtation? :| Ok let me make this perfectly clear: I am not sleeping with Andy. :|

-Wouldn't want some crazy Brit girl with her hair in a pony tail and big hoopy earrings to come clunk me over the head with a bat or anything...:ph34r:;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Lastly, I know this is a serious situation and I'm not trying to make light of it, but did anyone else unfamiliar with the GA crew think this thread was going to be a weird Toy Story joke, after reading the subject? :P

YOU TOO?!? :D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.