ItHasToBeSaid

PotatoHead attacks Woody at Skydive Atlanta

How is it that this has turned into yet another gossip whore post? For God sakes, Woody is in the hospital with head trauma, brain hemmorage, and swelling, and he has a wife and children.
Brian has become a ticking time-bomb. There is obviously a reason that the "girlfriend" in question and he DON'T jump at the same dropzones anymore-and HAVEN'T for two months!
Let's forget about the personal issues behind the situation, and understand the only important thing right now... That we have a very close, and wonderful FAMILY MEMBER in ICU!!! Pray for him and his family.
And you know what, pray for Tater too. Not that he gets what he deserves, no matter how much that seems to be what you want; the right athorities will take care of it... eventually.
Yet instead pray that he can overcome his anger issues, attachment disorder, personal insecurities, and that he finds some sort of better road to travel his life upon. Because he too-is part of our community, the one we all seem to claim as FAMILY!
I think that this is the best non-biast way to sum it all up, and it's the MATURE and RESPONSIBLE way to discuss the incident at hand.
"I hear and forget. I see and remember. I do and understand" --Confucious

#1586 Abollada Rodriguez;Team Licious c/o Lauralicious: JesSkeLicious:P

How is it that this has turned into yet another gossip whore post? For God sakes, Woody is in the hospital with head trauma, brain hemmorage, and swelling, and he has a wife and children.
Brian has become a ticking time-bomb. There is obviously a reason that the "girlfriend" in question and he DON'T jump at the same dropzones anymore-and HAVEN'T for two months!
Let's forget about the personal issues behind the situation, and understand the only important thing right now... That we have a very close, and wonderful FAMILY MEMBER in ICU!!! Pray for him and his family.
And you know what, pray for Tater too. Not that he gets what he deserves, no matter how much that seems to be what you want; the right athorities will take care of it... eventually.
Yet instead pray that he can overcome his anger issues, attachment disorder, personal insecurities, and that he finds some sort of better road to travel his life upon. Because he too-is part of our community, the one we all seem to claim as FAMILY!
I think that this is the best non-biast way to sum it all up, and it's the MATURE and RESPONSIBLE way to discuss the incident at hand.

That is what happens here.

I can elaborate. I've known Woody since before he started jumping. In fact, I was with him on his first jump. To go back farther than that, I was in his wedding. I've known his wife longer than he has and she and I have been great friends for years. I'm not gonna' call him a skirt chaser or any other names. He is who he is and that's that. We've all had problems with other people and Woody and I are no different than any other people. We've had words and bad feelings between us but have always managed to work it out. Regardless, this was done as a sneak attack and shouldn't have been done this way. If anything, this should have been done mutually without being sucker punched by either one. I personally think it was a cowardly attack but that's just my opinion. Besides all that, Woody isn't a big guy so it wouldn't take a lot to put him down.

I just talked to his wife at Grady, right after George left, and she said that Woody doesn't remember what happened. He's in and out for periods of time and they are waiting to do a second scan on his head. I'll try to keep ya'll updated as this goes on.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

Woody is in the hospital with head trauma, brain hemmorage, and swelling, and he has a wife and children.

This guy is married with childern and he is out screwing someones girlfriend (wonder what his wife thanks)? Hmmmm. If that's the case, he got what he deserves. Sounds as if he screwed his own family over for a piece of strange. That is his fault if he was screwing her. This Tater guy however, just fucked himself for a woman (if they were still together) who wasn't worth it (no cheating skank is worth going to prison for).
He should had punched her and bought this Woody guy a beer for showing him what a whore his girlfriend is (if that's the case).
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Woody is in the hospital with head trauma, brain hemmorage, and swelling, and he has a wife and children.

This guy is married with childern and he is out screwing someones girlfriend (wonder what his wife thanks)? Hmmmm. If that's the case, he got what he deserves. Sounds as if he screwed his own family over for a piece of strange. That is his fault if he was screwing her. This Tater guy however, just fucked himself for a woman (if they were still together) who wasn't worth it (no cheating skank is worth going to prison for).
He should had punched her and bought this Woody guy a beer for showing him what a whore his girlfriend is (if that's the case).

That there is alot of ifs for someone to be laying in the hospital.

He can have visitors now. Patty (his wife) is staying at the hospital with him at night but during the day people can see him. It probably won't do any any good to go see him just yet cause he's in and out of it and only conscience for a few minutes at a time. He also probably won't remember anyone visiting just yet but I'll do my best to let his wife and kids (who, incidentally drove all the way from Atlanta to Alabama for MY wedding) {God, I love those kids} know that prayers and vibes are being sent.

TripleF

I seriously hope he makes a recovery. maybe i came across a prick on here. what happened is bang out of order. My point i was trying to get across is we all act differently. We are all faced with different shit in our lives that we all act upon.
I have probably seen 10-15 skydivers get into a fight over stupid shit over the years. I don't thing potatoe/bryan intended for this to happen. I think he let his emotions control his anger. He should pay the consequences instead of running from it. I can honestly say, i didn't know he had previous warrants on him. If people did then they should of contacted the authorities and let them know his whereabouts. everyone knew he jumped at the farm.
I apologise if i came across a dick. I was just posting from what i have seen of woody at the farm. This does not excuse this incident by far. I am sure we have all done shit we have regretted in our lives. Maybe this is one that brian will wake up.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

some people handle stuff differently. Sometimes we cant control our anger. Don't get me wrong its fucked up woody is in the hospital. But who knows how you will react in any situation.

I think that if a guy is screwing a gal who he knows to be in a relationship with someone else, he should be prepared to accept the consequences of his actions, up to and including a violent reaction. I think such a guy deserves to be put on his ass. That said, the guy doing the punching should be prepared to accept the consequences of his decision too...up to and including losing any fight he starts and/or going to jail for his response. And I don't think it's a sucker punch to walk up and clock someone who's been fucking your significant other behind your back. It's an appropriate and fair response (assuming they gave you no warning before engaging in said tryst). I was raised to not hit women, so I think all the woman in such an affair should get is a one-way ride to the local red light district.

All of the above are my thoughts on a generic scenario similar to what's been posed in this thread. I don't know any of the parties involved, much less who any of them was sleeping with.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>I think that if a guy is screwing a gal who he knows to be in a
>relationship with someone else, he should be prepared to accept the
>consequences of his actions, up to and including a violent reaction.

Eh, if you're going to go with the "put him in the hospital" angle, just sabotage his rig and be done with it. Same result, and you won't hurt your fist.

Personally I think violence against a third person is the wrong solution to what is basically a problem between a man and a woman. If your wife is screwing around, it's a problem you and your wife/girlfriend have. Hitting someone else may make you feel better, but does nothing to solve the problem you have. Indeed, you might just end up with a few years to sit in a cell while your former girlfriend/wife moves in with the guy.

That there is alot of ifs for someone to be laying in the hospital.

From what I garner from all of the postings, it was just a coldcock to the head and what followed was not intended to happen. But, appearantly it did and now one guy is in serious condition and the other in serious trouble. And what of the girlfriend? Will she go about her merry way while one is in the hospital and the other wanted by the law? Shit happens when ya step outside the lines. If there was a sexual encounter between this Woody guy and this Tater guy's girlfriend, This Woody should had been expecting something to happen. On the otherhand, this Tater guy should had taken this as a sign of what to expect of his girlfriend and bid her adieu.
If this Woody did screw her, he was cheating on his wife, not a very noble guy, if that was what he was doing. If he was doing that, he screwed up. Some people get a bullet in the head for doing that. There are consequences for your actions and appaerantly this is the consequence for his actions. The consequence for Taters actions will be, possibly, prison.
Screwing around, whether married or not, has major consequence. Could be divorce (if married), AIDS (or anyother STD, plus the possibilty of passing it on to your spouse if married), or injury or death. I've hung around dropzones long enough to see a number of guys screw around on their wifes and wifes screw around on their husbands. My opinion is if you are doing that, then what you get is what you sow. Whether it is AIDS (I'll just laugh my ass off), injury/death, or divorce it is your own fault and I feel nothing for you as you know as well as i do that for every action there is an opposite reaction.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

1 broken femur and a torched car is what should be doled out for cheating. Not an ass beating that lands someone in a coma.

Yeah that's a plan, Break their femur risk cuting the femoral atery so they can bleed to death internally.:S:S

You people are just FITH
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

He can have visitors now. Patty (his wife) is staying at the hospital with him at night but during the day people can see him. It probably won't do any any good to go see him just yet cause he's in and out of it and only conscience for a few minutes at a time. He also probably won't remember anyone visiting just yet but I'll do my best to let his wife and kids (who, incidentally drove all the way from Atlanta to Alabama for MY wedding) {God, I love those kids} know that prayers and vibes are being sent.

TripleF

Yes, he can have visitors-but Patty wants everyone to wait until he's out of ICU and in a regular room. They are only allowed 2 people on the floor so if you are the 2 in the room, the rest have to wait 2 floors down. So when Patty leaves the room, she can't get back in if someone else has entered. That's not fair to her. She has asked that everyone give the family their time with him until he's better. It's a waiting game from here on out.
"I hear and forget. I see and remember. I do and understand" --Confucious

#1586 Abollada Rodriguez;Team Licious c/o Lauralicious: JesSkeLicious:P

some people handle stuff differently. Sometimes we cant control our anger. Don't get me wrong its fucked up woody is in the hospital. But who knows how you will react in any situation.

I think that if a guy is screwing a gal who he knows to be in a relationship with someone else, he should be prepared to accept the consequences of his actions, up to and including a violent reaction. I think such a guy deserves to be put on his ass. That said, the guy doing the punching should be prepared to accept the consequences of his decision too...up to and including losing any fight he starts and/or going to jail for his response. And I don't think it's a sucker punch to walk up and clock someone who's been fucking your significant other behind your back. It's an appropriate and fair response (assuming they gave you no warning before engaging in said tryst). I was raised to not hit women, so I think all the woman in such an affair should get is a one-way ride to the local red light district.

All of the above are my thoughts on a generic scenario similar to what's been posed in this thread. I don't know any of the parties involved, much less who any of them was sleeping with.

Blues,
Dave

Exactly what I said...only with different adjectives, verbs and fluffy stuff:|

I'm really hate to hear about this. I like both Woody and Brian and always have fun hangin out with both.

I hope Woody has a speedy recovery and
doesn't have any permenant damage.

As far as the who's right and who's wrong, I'll leave that up to the courts. It just sucks when things like this happen.[:/]

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

>I think that if a guy is screwing a gal who he knows to be in a
>relationship with someone else, he should be prepared to accept the
>consequences of his actions, up to and including a violent reaction.

Eh, if you're going to go with the "put him in the hospital" angle, just sabotage his rig and be done with it. Same result, and you won't hurt your fist.

I don't think I went with that angle. All I said was such a guy deserved to be knocked on his ass.

Personally I think violence against a third person is the wrong solution to what is basically a problem between a man and a woman. If your wife is screwing around, it's a problem you and your wife/girlfriend have. Hitting someone else may make you feel better, but does nothing to solve the problem you have. Indeed, you might just end up with a few years to sit in a cell while your former girlfriend/wife moves in with the guy.

I agree with the above in a scenario in which the third party didn't know he was helping the woman hurt her significant other. If he knowingly engaged in such potentially damaging behavior, he should accept that his actions may have unpleasant consequences. Either way, the woman deserves as graceful an exit as a hangover-induced bowel movement. And yes, I already said that if the offended party decides to respond violently, he should be prepared to lose and/or go to jail.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

We've also left out the scenario whereby the boyfriend/girlfriend only says or implies that they're fooling around with a third person when they're actually not ... because they mistakenly believe that jealousy is a sign of true love and they aren't getting enough attention. [:/]

Thus why I tend to agree with the people who say don't drag outsiders into your own personal drama.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

maybe i came across a prick on here

Lee dont be so hard on yourself, you come across as a prick in real life as well... ;)

Simply put, every time you take part in irresponsible behavior you risk experiencing the unknown consequences. Whether drinking and driving, sleeping with someone else's mate, violently attacking someone, or just fooling around at the DZ something bad can happen and you ARE responsible, it doesn't matter what you MEANT to happen.

We all get angry and want to "get even" or "get justice" for an injustice that was done to us. But, as upright walking, large fore brain having, opposable thumb having mammals with the innate ability to reason we SHOULD work all the way through the scenario and decide if the behavior is worth the risk and consequences that WILL go along with it.

I don't believe I know any of the parties involved personally but I'm sure Brian didn't mean to put Woody in the hospital and I'm sure when he is sitting in jail he will look back and say it wasn't worth it. But unfortunately whats done is done. I just hope Woody fully recovers and Brian recovers from the legal troubles he is about to experience, I also hope next time they both think about their actions before it gets to this point.

I am fascinated at how many calls I got from "friends" today telling me how fucked up they think this is and that it's likely that Potato will come back this way and that I should be the first person to call them and tell them so that THEY can call the police.

People, I know the guy, but I do not blow him. Hell, I didn't even like him until Dublin. Potato did not once mention over the course of this weekend that he intended to lay a guy out. Not a single word.

If he showed up, plowed the guy ONE TIME in the face, then that guy fell on the concrete and is now in ICU then that's sad.

All I have to say is that I have been the guy that put a moron in the hospital for fucking around with my old lady (no matter how shady she was) and I can relate. You candy asses who have never been in a fist fight need not reply to my post here. It's beeen a shitty weekend and I am just not in the mood. Again, I have no allegiance whatsoever with Brian Barbarosa and had no idea that he was going to do what he did. I can, however, totally relate to what he did.

Please stop PMing me, calling me, or otherwise whining to me how bad you think this is. I am associated with this incident AT ALL.

Chuck

I am so sad to hear about Woody. He has always been a good friend to me. He and his family just dogsat for me last week. If anyone talks to Patti, tell her I would be happy to watch Cole if it would help her.

For those of you who don't know the people involved, it is none of your damn business what was going on between any of them. For those of you who did know them, it's none of your damn busines either. I know everyone involved -- none of them are perfect, and they all have good qualities. Get over the name calling and judging.

I hope Woody has a full recovery, and I will keep Patti and the kids in my heart.

Michelle

I just got off the phone again with Patty. You are absolutely correct about the visitor thingy. Thank you for the correction.

That being said, I'm on my way tomorrow to try and help in any way I can. If anyone wants to help Friday with a little work on a car, it'd be a help. Her son's car needs a starter and I'm not sure I can handle doing it on my own. I'm kinda' physically challenged cause my health failed a while back and her son is only 15 years old and doesn't have much experience working on them. Patty's car has a major water leak and can't be driven so she has to depend on others to get her to the hospital. I'm going to leave Alabama tomorrow morning to get them to the hospital and back and also Wednesday but Thursday I may not make it due to prior commitments. I'll take my laptop with me to check if anyone, mechanics preferred, want to help with this. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

TripleF

I am disappointed. Violence does not solve anything in this situation. What does it prove? What does it change? All this over jealousy? Thank God he did not have a knife or gun.

Schoolyard fights are not the way to solve problems when you are a grown adult. I'm not impressed.

I agree, where doing someone else's girlfriend is asking for it, an ass whooping to that degree is way overboard. Adults should be able to talk it out, and go on and the girlfriend is just as much to blame here. Btw, is this the same Potatohead that BASE jumps? I don't know him just remember the name for getting busted in my neck of the woods a while back in Tampa....

Yes, that is the said Potatohead