shropshire

Low cost airlines .... What's you experiience?

Easy Jet /Ryanair - very cheap but poor service (in general).

But yesterday, I flew with Air Berlin - and I can't praise them enough. Clean a/c, polite staff, allocated seating (stops the zoo crush to get on the a/c) and the give you a snack too.... Well done.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

And the flight crew are/were pretty hot (or they were on Nuremburg flightB|)

AB is really good.

We went Ryaniar to Austria for the family holiday and it scared the hell out of me due to the lack of maintenance. My wifes armrest was broken in 2, and there was frayed/exposed wiring where someone had pulled a switch mechanism from one of the kids seats. I wanted to take photos to send in but the dominatrix nearly kicked some poor bloke off for using a camera to take a snap of his mates.

If they can't maintain the visible portions of the a/c what is the rest like.

Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

My experiences with European discount carriers...

Norwegian - they outsource their flights to other eastern European carriers. Had a personal challenge climbing aboard an aircraft whose name I can't pronounce. Then I thought of all the different jump planes I've been on and decided it wasn't much different.

Clickair - a very inexpensive alternative to Iberia. They parked the plane way out on the airfield and bussed us to the terminal.

Easyjet - similar to Southwest in US, but with assigned seats. Make sure your iPod is charged so you can 'escape' from the madness.

All of the above were timely and not unreasonable about baggage. One or two kilos overweight was nothing to get upset about, but I did witness some passengers forced to repack when their bags were 10kilos overweight.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal