Kimblair13

Rigger tabs/safety seal/plastic thingy...

It was jumped that way for the entire boogie? Not one single person noticed it, the owner included?

The zip tie was put on by a non-rigger during registration/gear-check(ironic, no?) and was on at the end of the boogie. I am assuming, but do not know for fact, that at least one jump was put on the rig. Given that assumption, I'd conclude that no one noticed.

Mark

The zip tie was put on by a non-rigger during registration/gear-check(ironic, no?) and was on at the end of the boogie. I am assuming, but do not know for fact, that at least one jump was put on the rig. Given that assumption, I'd conclude that no one noticed.

THAT is seriously messed up... anyone hear that... its darwin calling!!! remember sometimes selection candidates screw up so big they get others killed... though in this case I'm seeing the jumper as just as guilty, and luckey

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

... hmmmm... hope that was a joke... but, if not, its bad enough that that a non-rigger person checking and tagging gear at a boogie wasn't given even the least bit of guidance, like, "Put the tag HERE and NOT here"... the really really bad thing is the person jumping the rig, if they in fact really did, didn't notice or do a self-gear check and realize how fucked up that is...

"Here's Your Sign."

And people wonder why it is said "Skydivers are too fucking dumb to live." Anyone with an "A" lic. that jumped that rig should be gounded until the next ice age.>:(

AMEN!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Sparky...you're too generous.

I have seen this type of thing before at boogies. Not the zip tie but both instances were the sticky colored-paper wrist-band type things.

I was almost ejected from one boogie for going bonkers on the idiot who put one on my rig exactly like that. I caught it right after she put it on at the gear check table. The DZO was not happy with my reaction but he did get on the mic and announce for everyone to check for it.

:S[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Hi popsjumper,

Re: 'I was almost ejected from one boogie for going bonkers'

Me thinks the WRONG person was being considered for ejection.

On the other hand, I've done a lot of gear inspection for competitions & boogies over the years and I have seen some VERY scary stuff that people seemed to jump very happily.

Ah, the ignorant; they live without worry.

Jerry

Ah, the ignorant; they live without worry.

For the short time they live.:P

Any device placed on gear after "gear check" should be put on the right lateral/diagonal webbing, the webbing between the container and the MLW. Nothing should ever be placed on or around the left MLW.
It is easily visible to the loader who stands to the right of jumper as they load on almost all jump airplanes. And unless the rig has a ROL system, does not interfere with anything
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Nothing should ever be placed on or around the left MLW.

At the DZ I work at we place the tag on the left hand backstrap. So i dissagree with your statment, because as you say . . .

And unless the rig has a ROL system, does not interfere with anything

so if it does have a ROL system it interferes with the deployment system.

Nullius in Verba

Nothing should ever be placed on or around the left MLW.

At the DZ I work at we place the tag on the left hand backstrap. So i dissagree with your statment, because as you say . . .

And unless the rig has a ROL system, does not interfere with anything

so if it does have a ROL system it interferes with the deployment system.

But if it's on the backstrap it rubs against a wingsuit...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Yeah I know. A lot of UK DZ's require kit to be tagged and that is the standard position for it. Its kinda been bugging me since I started wingsuit flying, but it seems like the main thing it might rub against are the tabs and reinforced seams which seem pretty tough. Also the tags themselves are very thin, bendy plastic that I really don't think would cause much wear, if any.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yeah I know. A lot of UK DZ's require kit to be tagged and that is the standard position for it. Its kinda been bugging me since I started wingsuit flying, but it seems like the main thing it might rub against are the tabs and reinforced seams which seem pretty tough. Also the tags themselves are very thin, bendy plastic that I really don't think would cause much wear, if any.

I like the Ampuria way better:
"You here to do wingsuiting?"
"Yep"
"If you want you can leave the tag off, better for your suit"
"Great thanx!"

ciel bleu,
Saskia