FliegendeWolf

Holly's Wake

Hello all,

I have just returned from Holly's wake. As Kevin, Michele, and Wendy suggested, her family was very warm and welcoming to me. I met Holly's mother, father, and stepmother, and gave each of them a big hug and told them how special Holly was to our community and that all of our prayers are with them.

Her father seemed especially touched that I had driven out to be with them. He asked me to post the memorial card that they were distributing there, so that is attached.

Kevin did a wonderful job selecting a flower arrangement. They were very beautiful. We did well to put our trust in his leadership during this sorrowful time.

The wake was an open viewing, and as I had never met Holly, it was terribly strange that this was the first time that I saw her in the flesh. I do not know where I stand on God, life, death, afterlife and all that, but I have seen enough photographs of Holly to know what her smile looked like, what her bright spirit looked like as it shone through that smile. I did not see that in the casket this afternoon. This tells me that the body is indeed just a container for the soul--I truly believe that Holly's spirit is soaring somewhere else, whether in the heavens, or all around us, brightening the existence of all that come in contact with her.

Blue skies, Holly...I wish I had known you in person. May the light that you brought to this earth forever shine.

Steve
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Holly.jpg

Thanks for the info Steve. As someone who was fortunate enough to have crossed paths with Holly and considered her my friend, I really would have liked to have been there today. But I think you attending her wake as a stranger tells us a lot about your character. B|

Blue Skies Black Death ... I'm going to miss you Holly. [:/]

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Well, now that I've teared up again...

I came upon this joke that reminded my of Holly's avatar. I hope it'll put a smile back

The other day I was on my way home from work when the most remarkable thing happened. Traffic was heavy as usual, and as I sat there at a red light, out of nowhere a bird slammed into my windshield. If that wasn't bad enough, the poor creature got its wing stuck under the windshield wiper.

Just then the light turned green and there I was with a bird stuck on my windshield. Without any other apparent options, turning on the windshield wipers seemed the only thing to do. It actually worked.

On the upswing, the bird flew off, and here is the crazy thing... it slammed right onto the windshield of the car behind me. No, it didn't get caught under the windshield wipers of that vehicle, but the car behind me was a police car.

Of course, knowing my luck, immediately the lights went on and I was forced to pull over. The officer walked up and told me he saw what had happened at the light. Trying to plead my case fell on deaf ears. He simply stated: I am going to have to write you up for flipping me the bird.

many thanks for going and representing all of us who couldnt be there.. i wish you could have met her in person

sometimes i wonder when posts like this wont make me weep..then i remember i'm glad they dont....

love, hugs and blueskies holly...

Well, now that I've teared up again...

Yeah, me too. Thanks a lot for going, and for telling us about it.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks man. I've got that printed up and pined to my cube wall.

Me too.

Yep, me too.
It's so true, that you really don't realize how much you miss someone until their gone. :(

X's and O's Baby!!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Thanks for sharing this.
Cielos Azules
Pablito
PS there are stars in the night sky and She is one

I need to learn how to spell (reason of editing)

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

Yes and Will like another kiss pass since you stole my kiss pass virginity :$
Cielos Azules
pablito

LOL ... Sunshine also stole my kiss pass virginity. But I'm not complaining. At least it was a girl who gave me my first kiss pass. I've heard of guys giving guys kiss passes. Eeeuw!!! Hey, technically it wasn't a kiss pass, but Holly gave me a kiss on the airplane (a couple of days before Sunshine's kiss pass). That was cooooooool!!! B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Thank you for being there for all of us...I just found out on Monday:(...thanks for sharing the memorial card...that is awesome! Do you have a way of contacting the family? I called her cell phone today and it's still working, was kinda cool to hear her voice...I miss her so much...she was an angel for sure!

If you go here there are posts (the second one is among them) from her dad and other relatives. Most of them left their email addresses.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)