apollard24

Guitar Hero III

I saw that game for the first time last night at a friends party. It looked like a lot of fun. I have been thinking about buying it since then....:D:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Been playing it since it came out - I've had a hell of a time beating Raining Blood and One (on expert). I've completed GH1, GH2 and (almost except for that last damn song) Rock the 80's on expert. I found this much much easier until the last 2 tiers.

The timing engine is more forgiving than GH1 or GH2, and they have some weird hammer ons and pull offs, but overall it's still really fun to play. That said, Rockband is going to kick the crap out of it :)
Love playing through fire and flames online. If you have the xbox 360 version, and play online, drop me a friend request:

Gamertag: v1g1lance

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

Fun game! I like the songlist a lot better than the previous games too. I'm not sure if I like the new 'boss' modes though. I just wrapped up the game in medium, but hard is kicking my butt. I was also disappointed to learn that I can't play online with my PS2 version of the game >:(

Been playing it since it came out - I've had a hell of a time beating Raining Blood and One (on expert). I've completed GH1, GH2 and (almost except for that last damn song) Rock the 80's on expert. I found this much much easier until the last 2 tiers.

The timing engine is more forgiving than GH1 or GH2, and they have some weird hammer ons and pull offs, but overall it's still really fun to play. That said, Rockband is going to kick the crap out of it :)
Love playing through fire and flames online. If you have the xbox 360 version, and play online, drop me a friend request:

Gamertag: v1g1lance

Blues,
Ian

Wow.. Ian... You're so cool... ;)
Remster

Got it 2 days ago but there is a lag problem with my HDTV. The video lag is caused by having to convert from native 480 to 720 native resolution. I'm so frustrated. Gonna try to hook it up to my old CRT TV tonight and see how that goes.

If you go to the setup menu there is an option that you can use to calculate and adjust for the Lag with HDTV's

..at least on the PS2 version there is...

Got it 2 days ago but there is a lag problem with my HDTV. The video lag is caused by having to convert from native 480 to 720 native resolution. I'm so frustrated. Gonna try to hook it up to my old CRT TV tonight and see how that goes.

Like Dave said, you can calibrate it. Personally I'm not a fan of the calibration system. Rockband has a much more in depth way to do this and help keep audio and visual in synch. For now, use the calibration and see if it helps you.

Blues,
Ian

Fuck that shit! I would never get past the first level. :|

:P

hehe...actually Billy, you might. it's much more visually-cued than sound, at least for me.

There's even a 360 achievement that requires you to master a song with the sound completely off, lol

I love it. I'm stuck on the 7th group of songs on hard...and this one IS harder than GH2 was, that's for sure.

i'm skydiver8 on xbox 360 =)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I love it. I'm stuck on the 7th group of songs on hard...and this one IS harder than GH2 was, that's for sure.

Agreed. I just cannot pass Raining Blood on the last tier. There's a barrage of 4 note runs shifting one note up, then down, on the fret board. I go from a full rock meter to empty in about 3 runs. It sucks....how people pass this one is beyond me. Sucks because it's the last song standing in the way of me beating the damn game (well, the battle with Lou that is).

Oh well. On a postive note, I scored 81% of the notes on Fire and Flames on expert last night. For those who haven't played fire and flames yet - here's a vid Through the fire and flames

hey ian i wouldve accecpted your invite the other night but i knew that you play on expert and im still working thru hard..you would destroy me!

im steppin my game up tho so no worries...i dunno if ill ever be able to play on the expert level however..that shit is CRAZY in GH3

ill gladly play some co-op with you anytime tho
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

No worries dude, next time I send an invite I'll send the face off mode where you can choose difficulty. It's actually pretty balanced - I had someone on easy whip me on expert because of the percentage scoring system. I think a Hard vs Expert matchup would be good - I'd even go for a Medium vs Expert.

Next time ya see me online send a request - and ya, I'll go for co-op anytime.

Blues,
Ian