jtval

Going into ghost mode

The unfortunate thing about being in the military is that, even though I have a GREAT JOB Opportunity, I have to leave everyone and everything I came to love behind.:(

THe problem is that I have 4 months notice before I have to leave.

So, I feel like I'll be going into ghost mode. I.E.
Not really doing much of anything but waiting to leave.

I don't really belong to here and friends are making plans that go beyond my time here.
So, I can't do anything but think about how I'll miss the life that I have now.[:/]

I really hope Colorado kicks ass.
My photos

My Videos

You wouldn't be moving close enough that I could crash when I go to Mile-Hi again this coming year for canopy stuff are you?B|

Although its no Vegas, I'm willing to bet you find a cool new experience.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The unfortunate thing about being in the military is that, even though I have a GREAT JOB Opportunity, I have to leave everyone and everything I came to love behind.:(

THe problem is that I have 4 months notice before I have to leave.

I don't really belong to here and friends are making plans that go beyond my time here.
So, I can't do anything but think about how I'll miss the life that I have now.[:/]

I really hope Colorado kicks ass.

Dude, Colorado is fucking sick. It's no Vegas, but its also completely different experience.

You'll love it here. I know tons of peeps in the springs and the tunnel is here too (remember? :)
So, its not all bad man....I'm always up to hang out and meet new peeps if you can handle it and hang with us :P

Denver just got voted the #1 drunkest city in America and Colorado Springs was #3....so we obviously can't be all bad and lame hahaah

See ya in the tunnel bro
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

That's GREAT that we get another skydiver around here! If you get here late February/early March, you'll still catch some snow but you won't have long until it's summer and there's a lot to be said for both. Colorado has something for everyone. Even when we have snow, we're not usually frozen and shut in all winter. It's beautiful and there are TONS of things to do.

I know that the "transition" mode can be really tough but I also hope you are looking forward to coming. Like psipike02 said, if you're willing to take your chances and hang out with us, we can start booking tunnel time now . . . but I don't think you can manifest quite so far out. ;)

TPM Sister #102

LOL
Thanks. I may be a bit of a depressed kid for awhile but I would love to check out new stuff. I can't wait to get into the tunnel...but I will. I don't know exactly what my finances will be,yet.

I'll end up coming alone (with my dog) so hopefully the DZ is a (7lb) dog-friendly one.

Snow boarding is something I used to like to do when I saw snow.
So, I think that will get me through the winter.(along with some trips on the boogie circuit.

Psipike,
I don't know If I can drink like I used to. It takes too long to carry around my hangover. I do like to have a few and hang out but drunkest town may not even notice I am there. LOL
My photos

My Videos

I've lived in Colorado my whole life and never found a place I like better. There is so much to do here. Aside skydiving and having a kickass tunnel, there are so many different things you can do in the mountains. Think along the lines of whitewater rafting / kayaking, mountain biking, hiking / backpacking / mountain climbing, rock climbing, etc... And yeah, you can jump in the winter here too. I actually like landing in the snow!

LOL
Thanks. I may be a bit of a depressed kid for awhile but I would love to check out new stuff. I can't wait to get into the tunnel...but I will. I don't know exactly what my finances will be,yet.

I'll end up coming alone (with my dog) so hopefully the DZ is a (7lb) dog-friendly one.
----------------------------------------------------------

Does that mean youre leaving the old lady to the DZ ?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Psipike,
I don't know If I can drink like I used to. It takes too long to carry around my hangover. I do like to have a few and hang out but drunkest town may not even notice I am there. LOL

Don't worry about getting drunk. You can sit around and not get drunk with me. (Hmmm, way to sell THAT one, huh?! :S) As for being depressed, it may be an adjustment but hopefully it won't be too bad. You'll have to tell us when you officially arrive, so we can have a welcome committee haul you out to play.
TPM Sister #102

Does that mean youre leaving the old lady to the DZ ?

I guess that's the way it'll be.:( 4.5 years...Pfft![:/]

colorado is the shit! you will love it here guaranteed :) let me know when you get here and we can meet up! i live in denver, but the springs aren't too far!

I'll let everyone know when I get more info on the exact date. I may plan a week of travel to get to the Springs. You know, to make it a leisurely trip.

Don't worry about getting drunk. You can sit around and not get drunk with me. (Hmmm, way to sell THAT one, huh?! :S) As for being depressed, it may be an adjustment but hopefully it won't be too bad. You'll have to tell us when you officially arrive, so we can have a welcome committee haul you out to play.

Sounds like fun. Are there any wino's up there?
I don't like to get wasted on it but I like to drink it.
My photos

My Videos

And if you end up hanging out with me, you don't have to get drunk....as long as everyone is havin' a good time, that's what matters...but excuse me i'm downin' shots B|

However, if you end up comin to hang with me and Jewels and the rest of the tunnel staff and the other "extended family"....well, that is a WHOLE different story haha

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

However, if you end up comin to hang with me and Jewels and the rest of the tunnel staff and the other "extended family"....well, that is a WHOLE different story haha

Just a point of clarification: As much as I'd love the honor, *I'M* not tunnel staff. They just let me be a groupie. Well, okay, we came up with another term for it but you get the idea.

Wine works. I can't claim any real knowledge about it, but you don't have to do shots. ;) We need a place like Atlanta has--the Atlanta Wine School. But, I digress. We can still muddle through and figure it out ourselves!
TPM Sister #102

Just a point of clarification: As much as I'd love the honor, *I'M* not tunnel staff. They just let me be a groupie. Well, okay, we came up with another term for it but you get the idea?

I'm guessing term for woman with loose morals or female dog.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Are you refering to a tunnel slut or a tunnel bitch?

We just ourselves "tunnel rats."( i thought that was a normal term)
The term is actually borrowed from Vietnam as far as I can tell. But those tunnel rats had more balls than any of us.
My photos

My Videos

We settled on "Tunnel Whore" in the crack-whore sense . . . . I guess I can't object when it's true. Just for clarification, this has nothing to do with being passed around the tunnel like some women get passed around fraternities. It's the "I've gotta have more" connotation. Thankfully, a friend of mine discarded the "Tunnel Slut" option, as it was his assessment that I had not yet QUITE reached the "do anything for tunnel time" phase. Anyway, being a "Tunnel Rat" is probably kinder! ;)

TPM Sister #102

You do realize that this is when the action/adventure portion of the movie usually starts?

Be careful what you wish for.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

We settled on "Tunnel Whore" in the crack-whore sense . . . . I guess I can't object when it's true. Just for clarification, this has nothing to do with being passed around the tunnel like some women get passed around fraternities. It's the "I've gotta have more" connotation. Thankfully, a friend of mine discarded the "Tunnel Slut" option, as it was his assessment that I had not yet QUITE reached the "do anything for tunnel time" phase. Anyway, being a "Tunnel Rat" is probably kinder! ;)

Ah, I don't know why the WHORE word didnt enter my head. I heard that when Eloy opened they called it the crackpipe because everyone stopped eating and bought tunnel time.

You do realize that this is when the action/adventure portion of the movie is usually starts.

Be careful what you wish for.

Shit, that might be good. I like action and adventure. Hell, I've been known to jump out of perfectly good airplanes.
(Don't tell me boss, He may fire me:ph34r:)

EDIT TO ADD: I'll tell you about the terrorist traiing camp on the mountiain behind my house shortly.
I've been scoping them out and taking pictures so when I go to make a report I don't look like some crazy guy whose reputation would be ruined by doing a simple google search for JTVAL:D
My photos

My Videos

Ah, I don't know why the WHORE word didnt enter my head. I heard that when Eloy opened they called it the crackpipe because everyone stopped eating and bought tunnel time.

Definitely a crackpipe. My instructors are dealers and I'm always looking for just one more rotation. :$

TPM Sister #102