nikyboy

HOW THE F#*% DO YOU GET A NEW ZP CANOPY IN THE D BAG?

hey i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting my new ZP canopy in the bag, its too slippery and it just keeps filling back up with air, i have been paying for it to get packed, but that starts too add up.... so any tips?

Practice, smile, practice, smile, Practice, smile, practice, smile, Practice, smile, practice, smile, Practice, smile, practice, smile, Practice, smile, practice, smile,

and then lots and lots of :D:D:D:D:D:D

don't give up you will get there.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Search - this has been discussed to death on the forums.

Practice - without it the process won't get any easier.

Stop shouting - writing in all caps is really annoying.

Patience - it will get easier.

First - what Dino said.
Second - even if endless practice doesn't make you better, it will remove the "new" from the canopy, which makes it a little easier.
PATIENCE!!

J
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

lay your canopy in the peas, drive a couple of times with your SUV on it. It will take off the "slippery" of it, and also allow extra ventilation to get the air out...
:):):)

or use patience, watch people packing, ask for tricks, keep pressure on the canopy, just enough, hold it firm but smooth, just like your girlfriend.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Practice on days you're not jumping. Preferably at home where you can quit and come back without trouble.

When you're tired and dripping sweat and it's not in the bag yet, take a break for a day or an hour and start over. (Good advice for a LOT of difficult things, IMO.)

For the South Park viewers: the canopy can feel your dominant energy.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

hey i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting my new ZP canopy in the bag, its too slippery and it just keeps filling back up with air, i have been paying for it to get packed, but that starts too add up.... so any tips?

Jump in the desert and pay a packer until its controllable.:S

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Yup, psychopack. I have a new Velocity that I am psychopacking. It looked at me like a church lady being dressed in stripper's clothes when I did it, but it opened fine and a tad slower (prefereable to me). You just have to be careful that you are not bring brakelines around the front of the canopy when you pull the tail around. I am uncurrent enough with propacking mains that the velo is unmanagable for me when I am at the dz trying to make a load. I may switch back to propacking after I have 50 jumps on it.

Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Patience grasshopper... once you have passed the test and mastered the technique of packing new ZP you too will then be able to enjoy the entertainment of watching newbies go through the same trials and tribulations, but don't snicker or be too snide before offering them calming words and a bit of assistance... :D

lay your canopy in the peas, drive a couple of times with your SUV on it. It will take off the "slippery" of it, and also allow extra ventilation to get the air out...
:):):)

Filling your washing machine a quarter of the way full of sand and then putting the canopy in seems to rid it of its "slippery" as well. It also seems to provide much more ventilation in the canopy than the pea method. On a side not, it is best to use the bigger, more course sand than the small, fine sand.

My suggestion :
Give your rig to a nice looking girl and ask her to start packing giving a desperate look around and you will be surprised by the short time needed and by the number of male skydivers really willing to give her a hand ;)

I am sure it will work, at least for the first time.

JPD

Pull $5 out of you wallet and hand it to a packer.

Don't bet on that method working, esp with a new canopy. Packers sometimes can make themselves very scarce.

(Or maybe a lot of them got new jobs this year - seems like packing is less available than it was last year. I'm breaking in my new chute personally)

Become a packer, then it will be really easy to do.
but to become a packer you need to practice.
and practice makes perfection, and perfection is not possible so keep practicing and aiming for perfection thing that you will never achive so pay someone 5 dollars and look at what they do, you may learn some new ways of packing your parachute and if that doesn't work como to Deland and I will teach you for a beer.
Cielos Azules

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito