simplyputsi

Dating multiple people, do you tell them??

So just a simple question. If you are dating multiple people would you tell them??

I guess also, but i'm not making another poll, if the person you are dating tells you they are dating other people should that be the end of it, or do you continue to play along.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression if you are dating multiple people, strictly dating, that you shouldn't tell the other people.

WTF do I know though.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I think if you are casually dating multiple people, then no, you don't have to tell them.

But that leaves you with the task of finding the fine line between casually dating and exclusively dating. You dont want to be thinking you're still casually dating while she thinks you're exclusive. So, figure that one out and you have your answer. ;)

So just a simple question. If you are dating multiple people would you tell them??

I would have a hard time "dating" multiple girls to start with... let alone considering the possiblity of telling or not telling...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Tell he/ she you want to be in an exclusive relationship and make them decide. If they cant/ wont do that then ditch them, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
“Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier than helping someone move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load his shit into a truck.”

But that leaves you with the task of finding the fine line between casually dating and exclusively dating. You dont want to be thinking you're still casually dating while she thinks you're exclusive. So, figure that one out and you have your answer. ;)

"I don't have a girlfriend... but I know a woman who would be mad if she heard me say that." :D

Multiple women is not my problem as yet.
Finding one is.
:ph34r:

I think if you are casually dating multiple people, then no, you don't have to tell them.

Ah ha, but what if the person you are casually dating tells you, and you really didn't want to know??

Why wouldnt you want to know? Its not rejection.. its just knowing where your relationship stands.
If you're dating a girl who says shes still dating other people, you have a couple of choices. You can ask her to stop dating others and be exclusive with you. You can date other people too. You can keep dating her knowing shes dating other people too, and maybe you'll be the last one standing.
I really dont know what you are looking for, or if you're the one dating multiple people. I get the impression its not you though.

It depends on what you mean by "dating." If you are going on a first date with someone tonight, you don't have to tell her about the other date you have set up for Friday night. But if you are repeatedly dating someone(s), neither/none of you should be confused about how each other sees the relationship. Juicy details are not required and are usually discouraged, but broad overviews are mandatory.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

My mom and dad always tried to get me to date multiple people in high school.

Yeah you read that right...they tried TO get me to date more than one person at a time. ;)

Back when they were dating, that's just what you did...you went out to dinner or movies with different people. Kinda sampled the crowd until you found one that you reaaly liked to 'go steady' with.

They wanted me to do the same, as they were worried that I was getting too close to my first boyfriend...they were right. I HATED IT when they were right!! :D:D:P

I would have done it, but I always had a hard enough time figuring out ONE stupid boy, let alone a few of 'em. :ph34r:

I wouldn't have dated more than one guy if it had gotten to kissing. Physical affection would have been the cut off point in my eyes.

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

If I was dating multiple people I would not give any details or tell them who unless they asked but, I would let them know it was an open relationship so there would be no confusion and they could feel free to date other people as well. I think honesty is really the best policy and it should be very clear if the relationship is exclusive or not.
Fly like a girl