skypapa

Is it ok to let my pet bunny run around in the back yard?

I would not leave a rabbit alone in a yard, partly because they can escape, partly because a neighbor's dog or a passing hawk can get to them. As long as you are there watching the rabbit, no problem.

My two do get taken outside in the summer to sun and nibble on the grass, my yard is not fenced, but I am always very close to them.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

It is fenced, but there are some holes. Are bunnies known for trying to escape?

They can dig, can't they?

I don't know, can they?

You've never heard the tale of Alice and the rabbit hole?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

My family's big, black male cat once came home with something black and furry that was as long as himself. It was a rabbit that he'd killed, and once he was home with it, he started eating it.

It was someone's pet rabbit, there are no wild rabbits where I live.

I'd strongly advise against letting mr. Bunny run around the back yard by itself. You can buy harness for them, and maybe not lead them like a dog, but use it to have control over the rabbit while it explores.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I don't know, can they?

I guess I have, didnt think about that.

I guess jumper is going to be spending a lot of time inside.

I don't know, can they?

I guess I have, didnt think about that.

I guess jumper is going to be spending a lot of time inside.

I used to have a rabbit. In the summer, I would put him and his cage outside on the deck. He'd get to spend the time outside but he was safe inside his cage.
'Shell

I used to have a rabbit. In the summer, I would put him and his cage outside on the deck. He'd get to spend the time outside but he was safe inside his cage.

Mario and Maggie never had any problems running around outside as long as they were either supervised or had the protection of their canine sisters Ally and Gracie. Mario has since died of old age, but "da girls" still watch out for Maggie. A hutch to secure them in is a nice option for extended periods of time.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Mario and Maggie never had any problems running around outside as long as they were either supervised or had the protection of their canine sisters Ally and Gracie. Mario has since died of old age, but "da girls" still watch out for Maggie. A hutch to secure them in is a nice option for extended periods of time.

Blues,
Dave

I knew you had a bunny (Muttley) at home.....just didn't know you had an actual rabbit too:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

well you might consider .... getting like a small dog kennel for him and you can put down horse stall mats (rubber lasts longer) so he wont dig out, cover them if you want-with what ever, shavings, even sod if you want to give him the treat of grass under him
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

www.whatjeffkilled.com

That website is on the Billy Vance level of disturbing!:D

Kinda like this one huh? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't know, can they?

Hmmmm, so you went out and took on this project - wait, pet project (oddly poetic, a snake and a big rat) - without first becoming thoroughly informed as to the scheme of the whole thing. And you stated elsewhere that the snake died soon after your acquiring? They should hire you as hit-man (or woman) at the kill shelter.:D

And by the time you realize the damage to yourself, your project, and others innocent, it will probably be too late.

You should have gotten a Pet Rock with that gift certificate, like everyone else did...;)
Roll Tide Roll

Depends on where you live. Snakes, alligators and such. And alligators CAN and do climb fences. They do taste good tho if you can catch one.;) Bread the nuggets from the tail or backstrap, deep fry and dip in a spicy marinara suce. Yummy
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.