swedishcelt

law of attraction

Do you really believe in all that "Law of Attraction" stuff?

I mean, do we really attract how we are? I can wake up in a terrific mood with no worries and still have the clouds just open up and poo all over me all day. Then it gets worse from there... do we attract our own luck or is just random? I can have a terrible day also and have really good things happen, what do you think?

its mostly random. you just have to roll with it. i say mostly, because your car breaking, your cat getting sick, or any of life's other kicks to the groin happen reguardless of your mood. on the other hand, if you're nasty to people, you are more likely to have people be nasty to you.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

My personal opinion is Karma is what you make it.
Work on the good stuff and don't let the cosmic black holes drag you down with them.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

its mostly random. you just have to roll with it. i say mostly, because your car breaking, your cat getting sick, or any of life's other kicks to the groin happen reguardless of your mood. on the other hand, if you're nasty to people, you are more likely to have people be nasty to you.

I agree with that
(I.C.D#2 VP)
"<3 ..Looks like breasts coming out of an ice cream cone. Mmmm."~John Mitchell
"I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Lately I subscribe to what I call the theory of random probability, Meaning that most events in a persons life are coincidental and totally unrelated, I say this because generally unless your mood directly affects the people creatures or things around you by way of your actions, you have no effect on their behavior as they relate to you. Some people seem to draw more "bad luck" than others but if you look at their lives closely I think their actions and not their mood changes the chain of events that happen around them and puts them in unfavorable circumstances.

and yes, I am a blathering existentialist.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

do we attract our own luck or is just random?

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. Wake up in a terrific mood with no worries? Then the clouds just open up.

At that point, whether it is lucky or not depends on your point of view. You may view it as a rough thing, if you are unprepared for it. If you are prepared for the occasional rain, you can just wait it out.

It is our perception that decides whether things go from bad to worse, good to worse, or good to better. Some view life as when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Others get lemonade and and make lemon juice out of it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

It's the math.

Statistically, if you live in a low crime area or a low traffic area, you have less negative incidents.
Stuff just happens to people.

That is what makes your horoscope true when it says, "Be careful with your financial issues today"
or "Travel can be unusual".
Somebody is having an accident today.

It's just statistical chance.

>>Ah, but does not a person's mood affect the person's actions?

Hehe, I can always count you to torment my brain cells :ph34r:

In some cases yes - but I know some professionals who can have their world crumbling around them and still manage to proceed with their tasks and act as though everything was fine. Folks who can mask their moods seem to have more friends, get into less trouble, and are more successful and better at doing their job.

For most people I think that a positive attitude definitely helps, but on the other hand, one should avoid going through life a haze of Prozac with a big dopey smile on their face- cuz thats just askin' for a grill slap.:)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415