bigway

What console?

Going to buy one today. Just dont know what to get.
360, PS3 or the Wii.

I am thinking the Wii cause i loves super mario brothers on the 64 and now the new one mario galaxy has finally come out i would like to play this.

anyone played them all?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Well it depends on your personal preference. I'm biased towards Xbox because its what I have. The graphics, the games and everything about it are phenomenal.

I've also found a new game that is better than HALO in its own way - Assassin's Creed. Just get it...you'll thank me later.

PS3, i've played a few times and its cool, but I just happen to like xbox better. Nothing wrong with it, but like i said, biased towards xbox.

I've played Wii extensively as my friends have one and I LOVE IT. It's a new type of game play and its always fun to play in a group (Mario Party 8 is the tits!) and its just something new because its motion sensored. I'm def. gonna get that system as well.

I'd say, if you like Mario on 64, then you're gonna love the Wii. I'd say get the Wii (as its cheapest out of the bunch) and it has sick, amazing games...then get a 360.

Just my .02 - let us know what you get...maybe i'll try to come over and play too haha
:P

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Wii lost it's novelty after a couple months. I sold it for a home theater subwoofer.

Xbox360 has a high failure rate, something like 33%. My brother is on his third and every coworker that owns one are on their second or third. Apart from the failure rate the games are fun. Graphics are great and it's online system is supposed to be real nice. For $50 a year though.

PS3 was my choice and I'm very happy with it. Has some good exclusives (Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Warhawk, Metal Gear soon, Killzone 2 soon). The online system suffices and is free. The hard drive is easy to expand (Buy a laptop drive or an external and hook it up w/ usb, plug and save) Blu-Ray player and excellent upscaling DVD player (Better than my Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player). Looks good in my entertainment center. I love it.

PM me any specific questions if you want on any system.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

I have all 3, and it really depends what you want to play.... the wii is a great idea, but aside from mini-game games there isn't much there just yet. still, it's awesome whne you play with other people.

between the xbox 360 and ps3, it's a tough call. the xbox has a lot more good games out right now (especially a lot of games you can get discounted as they're platinum or greatest hits or whatever). i think the potential of the ps3 is really high, and we're starting to see that. i have warhawk, which i play a ton. also, a lot of games that are on the 360 are also coming to the ps3.

that said, taking into account cost, as well as everything else, this second the 360 is a better bet. tho one thing i really like about the ps3 is online play is free, and the 360 has live which you have to pay for.

got the Wii plus mario party, super mario galaxy, mario and sonic olympics, extra nunchuck and remote plus the brain thing for free and a warranty. $50 warranty, if the puppies chew it over the next 2 years or i spill beer on it they will replace it for free.
I can return games if i dont like them and swap them for other games.
Anyway, that was the package deal, also bought need for speed the new one, tony haws new one and splinter cells new one.

Maybe the missus will buy me a PS3 for xmas??

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

For the same reason I'd post a video of me skydiving, for others to watch that share interest. Bummer though all my skydives on video are on VHS.

If you do get a ps3 bigway, let me know and maybe we can shoot people together in Call of Duty 4.B|

Blu-Ray player and excellent upscaling DVD player (Better than my Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player).
Chris

Are you sure that the PS3 upconverts standard DVDs? It's not mentioned on their website.

Positive, here is a thread comparing it to an Oppo upscaling DVD player

I believe it was included in the 1.8 firmware update. When I'm playing a SD DVD and hit info on my TV it reads 1920x1080 which means the ps3 is sending a 1080p signal to my TV.

Edit: using HDMI. Some DVDs have a restriction and won't upscale over component cables.

I will get one next week. I think i might take this Wii back. Kind of bored of it already and have only had it for 6 hours or so.:| I do enjoy the New Mario galaxy but it is not like the 64 one.

Maybe i wont take it back, i think you can do some sort of trade thing over here and it seems like a good deal. I just hope PS3 get some games soon.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Rock Band, CoD 4, and Assassin's Creed are all on both PS3 and 360. Mass Effect is one I really want that is an xbox exclusive. I also have BioShock that I haven't started yet (working on Orange Box at the moment), which I have heard nothing but good things about, which is another xbox exclusive.

The ps3 exclusives are starting to shape up nicely as well. I played the demo for Uncharted, and it is great.

I have Warhawk, which i play all the time.

I agree with psipike02.

Assassin's Creed is amazing, Halo 3 is good, but call of duty 4 is the best shooter game i have played.

Xbox does have a high failure rating but they have excellent customer service and have taken care of any issues i have had with out any problem.

Xbox live is 60 bucks a year but worth every penny.
With the Xbox you get a tone of game selection and many of the exclusive titles are no longer exclusive to ps3. I would say get an Xbox 360 get Call of duty 4 and send me your screen name so I can shoot you on-line.:)

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Awesome man, it's fun stuff. For the 360 version I've read reports of the drums being faulty i.e. not picking up all of the taps. EA is replacing them so save your receipt until you know yours are good.

My wife and I are the Cephalopod Monkeys. Rock band gave it to us cause we just wanted to rock and couldn't think of anything:ph34r:

I wonder if people are going to go as far as making tshirts for their Rock Band band. I wouldn't doubt it, this kid in another forum built a stage in his basement w/ a fog machine and disco lights, WTF?

Hey Bigway, go down to post #942 to see some excellent Call Of Duty 4 pics. And yes, this is actual gameplay, not a cut scene.:o

Chris

fuck it... after seeing those photos from that link i am going to go and give everything back to the store and buy the playstation for an extra 200 and call of duty 4. call of duty games were always my favourite.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store