ckoehler

Any updated information on Orlando Amador's condition?

For those that don't know, Orlando suffered head trauma after being thrown from a golf cart after hours at Summerfest. I'm looking for any updates on his condition from anyone that knows.

And send your prayers and/or best wishes for his full recovery.

Damn, that sucks. I can't count how many times I've heard of people getting seriously hurt from falls off golf carts at boogies. [:/]

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Damn, that sucks. I can't count how many times I've heard of people getting seriously hurt from falls off golf carts at boogies. [:/]

They do need to stop trying to emulate the golf cart stunts in the Jackass movie... :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

This is the info I have been given by Mike Wolf from ZHills.

Orlando is being kept in an induced comma and has two bruises on the lower back section of his brain, there has been some swelling. So far no real news on the condition of his recovery until he is brought around and evaluated by a doc.

Our hopes and prayers go to him and his family during this time.

Do you know which hospital he's in? And is there anything the "local" jumpers can do to help out?

All people airlifted to Peoria from SDC go to St. Francis Hospital.

Patient Room Information
(309) 655-2323

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

No new info has come yet from his brother, Noel. He is in there with him now, las time he posted anything about his condition was last friday, the 3rd.:(

"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Orlando is a very fun guy to hang with and we made some jumps together at couchfreaks. Hopefully he will heal fast and be able to come this year like he was planning.

Heal fast bro !!!:)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Orlando is indeed at St Francis.
According to his family, he is still in coma. His brother Noel and family are rotating to have always someone at St Francis. He will certainly appreciate support from the local community, even if it is only prayers/vibes.
You can contact him here Noel Amador

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

From his website:

Cutaway 6
Not even 2 month after I lost my canopy. See previous clip for details. I was jumping my brothers canopy and someone packed my a lineover. You would think that someone is telling me to start packing for myself. :-)
Date: 03-Oct-2006

If you watch that video
http://www.amador.org/gallery2/v/movies/Cutaway+6.mpg.html
That's me on the left taking a leg grip. I am always happy to see him at zhills....

Sending you good wishes Orlando!

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

is there any new information? I just met Orlando at Summerfest for the first time, he was a very nice guy and I hate to hear about these things...

recover soon, friend... [:/]

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

Orlando, I know neither you nor your family.......but you will all be in my prayers!

Can someone please explain to me how golf carts and boogies = head trauma??

Edited for spelling errors
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Orlando, I know neither you noe your family.......nut you will all be in my prayers!

Can someone please explain to me how golf carts and boogies = head trauma??

I only made my first tandem 2 years ago, and started getting my license last year, but i personally know of 2 fatalities and 2 serious injuries from golf carts, plus I was on one for a near-miss by a speeding truck that had its headlights off on the runway...

how long before golf-cart safety ends up in the SIM? B|
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

From the Spanish forum, Orlando's out of the coma, but only a minority of the time responds directly to requests to blink, move arms or legs, etc. Still in the ICU. No speaking yet. Definitely improving, and they're hoping to operate next week to replace the bone that was removed to allow brain swelling. Not eating yet, but he's getting daily therapy, though, which is good.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thanks Wendy! I called the hospital last week and left a message for his sister, but I haven't heard back from her. Orlando is a great guy, and I was really distressed when I got back to Summerfest and found out that he had been hurt. We had spent a previous evening together at the pond with Streaker and Jason ( an EMT) and had a terrific time. I was glad to find out that Jason helped him immediately when he was hurt, and I know that lots of his friends are pulling for him. I can't translate the Spanish well enough to keep up with the Spanish forum, so if you continue to keep us informed, we will surely appreciate it.
Beth
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]