jumpjunkie

STOLEN GEAR!

As you can see, I had my gear stolen. I was at Skydive Aggieland on April 9 when I was relieved of it. I waited to see if I would get lucky and it turn up, but it hasn't.

I would appreciate any help that I can get from my fellow skydivers. I would be so appreciative that I am offering a $500 reward for recovery or information leading to the recovery of my gear.

Here is a list of what was separated from my possession:

Javelin Odyssey Black and Purple w/Silver reserve container and white pinstripes
DOM: January 2005 S/N 27756

PD Velocity White w/Blackberry Crossbracing
S/N 1842

PD 113-R Yellow
DOM: July 2004 S/N 032140

Airtec Cypres-2
DOM: December 2004 S/N 12436

Sky Systems Hurricane black freefly helmet
Two Arizona Freeflight stickers on back, crush danger sticker on back left, stress fracture on right audible recess.

L&B ProTrack w/over 6,000 jumps logged (not all mine), the last seven from April 9, 2006.

Alti II wrist mounted altimeter. Black w/silver wristband and the initials JL engraved on it.

2 pair of FireFly freefly pants. One pair, purple w/gray outside stripes and black inside stripe. The other, Skydive San Marcos staff pants.

One pair of Maestro Vans, size 12.

Square One logbook w/ jumps logged up to between 2,730 and 2,750.

Black gear bag w/purple stripe and white pinstripe across top right hand corner.

There is also a partial list in the stolen gear section of this website (sorry if it is cross-posting). It is believed by some of my friends that it was another skydiver that stole all of this from me. If that is the case, then I am very disappointed and saddened.

I have also attached a picture of my rig.

Tubing, so easy a caveman can do it.

Good luck to you. I really hope you are able to recover your gear!!!! That is some serious bad karma for the person responsible for that.

Best of luck!!!!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

As far as we can tell it was probably not a jumper, but someone whom had attended the swoop comp as a spectator. The serial numbers have been entered into NCIC/TCIC (which is a Texas wide and national wide database) and the pawn shops in the area are all checked against NCIC/TCIC for all traceable property that is pawned.

We're trying to do everything we can to track the gear down, but it will also take deligence on others to watch for this gear at their DZ and E-bay.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Will keep an eye out here at the Ranch in Ny for you bro! There was a fella in San Marcos that had gear stolen a couple of years ago and the thief called the DZ some time later to sell the ' Savelin' (Javelin) and when the thief arrived at the dz , so did the authorities and the gear. Homy got lucky, I hope you will too.

There was a fella in San Marcos that had gear stolen a couple of years ago and the thief called the DZ some time later to sell the ' Savelin' (Javelin)

:Dyeah, it was a TJ model. TJ just hapened to be the owner too, what a coincidence.:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Good luck to you. I really hope you are able to recover your gear!!!! That is some serious bad karma for the person responsible for that.

Best of luck!!!!

Wise words. he´ll pay... in this life or in next.
When in Danger or in doubt run in circles scream and shout.

As you can see, I had my gear stolen

That sucks.

It is sad to be reminded that there are dirt bag skydivers among us. Can’t say I’m surprised however. How exactly did your gear get stolen?

You are being a lot more civil about this crime than I would be.

I would be storming the dropzone opening up everyone’s bags and searching their cars. No mercy, I wouldn’t care if they thought I was a dick.

I would then hire a cop to administer lie detector tests to everyone that works at the dropzone. Anyone who refused would answer to my scrutiny.

It was probably the DZO that stole your equipment.

UntamedDOG

As you can see, I had my gear stolen

That sucks.

It is sad to be reminded that there are dirt bag skydivers among us. Can’t say I’m surprised however. How exactly did your gear get stolen?

You are being a lot more civil about this crime than I would be.

I would be storming the dropzone opening up everyone’s bags and searching their cars. No mercy, I wouldn’t care if they thought I was a dick.

I would then hire a cop to administer lie detector tests to everyone that works at the dropzone. Anyone who refused would answer to my scrutiny.

It was probably the DZO that stole your equipment.

UntamedDOG

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

I didn't notice until 2 hours later when I got home. The DZO's is a friend and the only reason that I am not more mad and sick than I am is because I still had a rig at home that I was doing work on. It saved the little sanity that I had left.

I took my gear and put it in the back of my truck, just like every other day for the past six years in my skydiving career. Went back in to pay and collect my girlfriend and her gear. Chatted with people, went to the truck and threw her gear in while continuing a conversation, said my good-byes, and started home.

Didn't realize my gear was gone until I went to unload it, and then OH SHIT! Called the dz, they searched for it to no avail. Come to find out, I was no the only one that was stolen from. Two other vehicles were burglarized around the same time.

I still don't understand how it got stolen. Did someone break into your car?

I wasn't there, but this is what I know and have heard. The cars are parked at the end of rows of T-hangers, maybe 50 yards from the dropzone hanger. Some can be down over a hillside a bit and somewhat out of sight. It's within the fenced airport property. From what I've heard, someone went through that parking area and burgled several vehicles. The theft also included someone's briefcase containing some irreplaceable personal records.

I hope AggieDave catches this sum-beech, and for punishment, he should be turned over to the DZ on Saturday evening.