MakeItHappen

The Stepford Wives

The Stepford Wives

Do you remember the movie The Stepford Wives?

I thought it was a way cool movie when I first saw it back in college.
It has been re-made, but I haven't seen that version.
The version I saw had Katherine Ross as the main 'wife' character and the woman that played Ginger in Gilligan's Island as her best friend.

SPOILER BELOW - STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE PLOT

In the story, the wives of Stepford, a town on the east coast, become robot-a-matons that are programmed to be 'idealized' wives. The mutated wives become a personification of a stereotypical concept of 'the perfect wife'. Their memory is replace by a computer program (probably early DOS 5.x version) that has limited vocabulary and limited conceptual capacity. Basically, the real wife's personality is reduced to a besotted version of her original self.

Now, comes the really weird part. I don't live in Stepford, but I do think that this same thing is happening to me. Sometimes I can't remember the big twenty dollar college words that I used to know. I think that some sort of initial transplant device is in me. I scratch at my arm as John Nash. Sometimes I think that I have been Borg-ized - you know like Captain Picard.

I am being fed insidious and incorrect information that I am 'programmed' to reply with. I sometimes actually feel 'compelled' to reply with this incorrect information. There is a stalker that continually proclaims that I must surcease these thoughts and ideas. He keeps saying that my invidious thoughts must be quashed.

I don't know what to do. I have the right to say whatever I want, unless I abide by some rule or dictate. But there is no dictate that has been forth-coming that restricts me. I've asked repeatedly for such requirements, and none have come forth. The people that used to provide guidance are no longer speaking to me. I cannot contact 'Home'.

Am I paranoid or what?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

If I am wrong, I'm insane... but if I'm right, it's even worse than if I was wrong.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What's the worst that can happen Jan, you get the word out, and enlighten the populous and in the process you get to piss off some wankers.
It's a Win Win situationB|

So

MAKEITHAPPEN:PB|

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If I am wrong, I'm insane... but if I'm right, it's even worse than if I was wrong.

Well, I'll move up to your region just to vote for you.
very well.

I'll run for ND. No move necessary. Then I can be all Stepford, too. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey, your vocabulary hasn't been governed that much; "invidious" made me turn to a dictionary, and that doesn't happen often here.

As for the rest, when did you first notice these attempts to assimilate you? I'm guessing 2003.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Let's say that I am the Head Wanker (and NOT because of my red knees) of all of Mighty and Proud Wankerland.

Now, let's just say that with staggering and staid effort I finally ended the assault of the evil and ravenous Bald Hairy Tacos that appeared at some point earlier to attempt to infest most of cherished Wankerland with their devouring and depraved ideology.

If I believed that all the loyal-but-common Wankers who had any sense about them would laud my ingenious and selfless fortitude, wouldn't it make sense that I would waste no time in relaying the admirable details of my journey to resolution for the benefit of all of Wankerland to the Wankers who have entrusted me to protect them? (Especially when the Bald Hairy Tacos wasted no time highlighting their elation in scroll and voice - are the Bald Hairy Tacos not subject to the same elusive standard of secrecy? Why should they be - they seem to be happy with me, Head Wanker?)

Mr. Garrison, that's at least a B+, ummm-kay?
Roll Tide Roll

Hey, your vocabulary hasn't been governed that much; "invidious" made me turn to a dictionary, and that doesn't happen often here.

Well, cool, that gets me over the 'thinly veiled' hump.
I guess readership will have to attain a higher vocabulary to understand me. Such a price to pay.

As for the rest, when did you first notice these attempts to assimilate you? I'm guessing 2003.

Yeah, yeah yeah, you know I made a borg post after the first mtg I went to.

FYI: I have been able to disable the implant. I put my arm under a 'black-light', aka ultraviolet light, for several hours during the day.
I also get a SoCal 'tan' from it.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I think we already had one ...EX- RD move up this way;)

I think there will be more than just 1 ex rd;)
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Youre fooling yourself. Most jumpers could'nt give a shit.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Youre fooling yourself. Most jumpers could'nt give a shit.

What he said. It's kinda sad really...being able to predict with near certainty the outcome of a game because you can't field a team.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The last time I saw you in person, you giving a presentation to the riggers at the nationals, and using terms like "vortex shedding". Are you saying you don't do that anymore?[:/]

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The last time I saw you in person, you giving a presentation to the riggers at the nationals, and using terms like "vortex shedding". Are you saying you don't do that anymore?[:/]

Whoa!!!??? that was a long time ago - back in Muskogee.

My speaker evals came back as 'WTF was she talking about?'

It was one of the last times I tried to explain physics to skydivers.

Shed a vortex - yes that may be what it takes.

There is a maelstrom a happening and something needs to be done.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Let's say that I am the Head Wanker (and NOT because of my red knees) of all of Mighty and Proud Wankerland.

Now, let's just say that with staggering and staid effort I finally ended the assault of the evil and ravenous Bald Hairy Tacos that appeared at some point earlier to attempt to infest most of cherished Wankerland with their devouring and depraved ideology.

If I believed that all the loyal-but-common Wankers who had any sense about them would laud my ingenious and selfless fortitude, wouldn't it make sense that I would waste no time in relaying the admirable details of my journey to resolution for the benefit of all of Wankerland to the Wankers who have entrusted me to protect them? (Especially when the Bald Hairy Tacos wasted no time highlighting their elation in scroll and voice - are the Bald Hairy Tacos not subject to the same elusive standard of secrecy? Why should they be - they seem to be happy with me, Head Wanker?)

Mr. Garrison, that's at least a B+, ummm-kay?

Dude, I have no idea of what you are talking about. You make a bunch of posts but I have yet to understand WTF you are talking about.

Who is Mr. Garrison?

Maybe I'm from a different generation and "don't get it" ?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Whoa!!!??? that was a long time ago - back in Muskogee.

My speaker evals came back as 'WTF was she talking about?'

It was one of the last times I tried to explain physics to skydivers.

I was an engineering undergrad at the time. I'm sitting there thinking "Damn, I wish I was a year or two further along in my math so I could better understand this." Then I looked around the room and saw all the glazed looks in the eyes, and realized I was understanding it a lot better than most of the others there.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Dude, I have no idea of what you are talking about. You make a bunch of posts but I have yet to understand WTF you are talking about.

Who is Mr. Garrison?

Maybe I'm from a different generation and "don't get it" ?

That may be, Frauline, as I don't know Katharine Ross or what "DOS 5.x" means.

Basically, what I was saying is that if I were head of an organization whose interests I had been entrusted to protect, and if I felt that what I did would be the right thing for the majority of my constituents and paying members (all the while keeping anyone else I could from participating in discussion beforehand), why would I seem to attempt to suppress details of a settlement, when in fact, members and proprietors of the opposing party have been bragging in voice and in type about their satisfaction and elation with the settlement?

If the negotiation I worked so diligently on for the benefit of those I represent, why wouldn't the complete details be made available by me to anyone interested?

I would think that since the opposition agreed to any settlement, that they surely wouldn't mind, what with all the shouts of "Victory."

Of course, it's possible I just posted in the wrong context in the wrong thread in the first place, and would make more sense elsewhere, in a more contemporary setting :S:$
Roll Tide Roll