RkyMtnHigh

A Fraud

Slap them with a rotten trout. Seafood in various stages of decomposition are great weapons.

I used to hit my adversaries with a stinky fish!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Slap them with a rotten trout. Seafood in various stages of decomposition are great weapons.

I used to hit my adversaries with a stinky fish!

See instructions here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>>The non-AFF-I usually jumps reserve side, FWIW. Technically, that shouldn't be done, but those of us who know about it also know this person's actual qualifications pretty well, so it really doesn't bother us much.
Sorry, I don't see any gray area here.

>>1. Who made you an "evaluator" of someone's AFF abilities?

What can I say? I'm know I'm not an I/E, but I know him as a jumper quite well, and I have whatever experience and judgment that I have; and I'm comfortable that I know know his abilities pretty well. At this stage of my life, it's the sort of thing I try not to allow myself to be cocky about.

>>2. Yeah, reserve side, that's the "easy" slot . . .

I'm just sayin' what he usually does...

>>3. Does your DZ have big signs posted saying they don't use USPA rated AFF Instructors and is it in the student's waiver?

He's not at my DZ, but assuming you mean his DZ - no. And yes, it's a liability risk. But he has the skills he has.

>>If not what happens if the worst happens and USPA gets sued?

Given recent history, I'd expect them to cave and post a sniveling retraction on their website.

>>4. Think I'll go down to the Goodwill store and buy an old briefcase and a cheap suit and open a law office.

Now your talking. But, then, who'd tell us apart?

>>5. >:(

Your next beer is on me.

Anyhow, I wasn't trying to hijack a Bonfire thread into a skydiving thread. I was just trying to illustrate that some people who are certified are not well-qualified, and some people who are well-qualified are not certified. I hope that doesn't qualify me as certifiable.

I was just trying to illustrate that some people who are certified are not well-qualified, and some people who are well-qualified are not certified. I hope that doesn't qualify me as certifiable.

I'm stealin' that! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~