RkyMtnHigh

A Fraud

If you know that there is a Fraud out there who is a Poser, claiming credits and acclamations that they haven't genuinely paid the price or earned, how do you deal with it? Do you pursue it? or do you just accept that the person will just go along their way being a pseudo-whatever they want to be today?

If you know that there is a Fraud out there who is a Poser, claiming credits and acclamations that they haven't genuinely paid the price or earned, how do you deal with it? Do you pursue it? or do you just accept that the person will just go along their way being a pseudo-whatever they want to be today?

Katee....is this the same guy we talked about before ?
If you feel youre right bring it all out and let the people here help.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I loved it when that website came out with the REAL Navy SEALS (ret.) listed...can't count how guys I knew in San Diego that changed their story! :S

A few years after 'Nam, a former Marine POW showed up in my hometown and began hanging out with our group. He told us a lot of tales about what happened to him in 'Nam. Of course he got the utmost respect from everyone.

After a while, I began to get suspicious. I went to the nearest Marine recruiting office and asked them if they had a list of the names of the POW''s. They did. He wasn't on it. But they were really interested in learning more about him.:ph34r:

Later that evening, he showed up at our usual hangout. The first time he started talking about 'Nam, I confronted him with what I had just learned. He was speechless. We never saw him again.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Here is the story of the worst poser I ever encountered. Most of what you can read about him on this website occurred after my run-in with him:

http://www.ousterhout.net/zoom.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Zoomie...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you know him? Have you been zoomed?
I was zoomed in the early '90's before the RAH-15.
I'm still peeved they got all the notoriety.>:(

Zoomie...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you know him? Have you been zoomed?
I was zoomed in the early '90's before the RAH-15.
I'm still peeved they got all the notoriety.>:(

I was in Lakeland Sun & Fun for THAT fiasco...gun and all.

I know a few airshow people that wouldn't piss on him if he was burning! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Oh, I'd be happy to piss on him, unless he was burning.:ph34r:

Oh, I'd be happy to piss on him, unless he was burning.:ph34r:

Zoomie marshmallow roast! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You out them directly on the forum.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Depends on whether it's a genuine threat to the lives or welfare of others.

Some people just have low self-esteem and have a strong need to be somebody they're not.

Mostly, they aren't harming anyone but themselves.

If however, someone is pretending to be a doctor or a police officer, etc., then you've got a good reason for outing them.

Aside from that, they're such miserable people that you can't really hurt them. You might get some schauenfreude out of busting them, though. However, you'll have to decide if it's worth it.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Dude, I just spent a couple of hours reading all of that stuff. What a Freak Show.

And no matter how much you know about him ahead of time, it doesn't prepare you for the first time you get a threatening call from him. He sounds incredibly intelligent, articulate, rational, and powerful over the phone.

Ive got one for you. What if said fraud is a tandem instructor, S&TA, and claims of huge jump numbers in multiple disciples with absolutely no ability what so ever to back it up. One who also asks you to sign his instructor proficiency card with out actually doing any of the requirements. Its even better when you have video proof of said fraud.

Out Em

Maybe we are talking about the same guy.

- I'd be more likely to out him if his lack of credentials were also a lack of qualifications that could hurt or screw someone. (Non-doctor performing surgery.)
- Less likely if his fakery would probably not make a huge difference. (Bank executive with brains & 1 semester of college, pretending to have an MBA.)

- More likely to out him if he worked for the same employer as me (if his resume got him a better position or salary than people at my company with genuine MBA's.)
- Less likely if he worked elsewhere (fake MBA, but he works someplace that doesn't affect anyone I know - at some point, it's so distant that it's just none of my business; I'm not the resume police.)

- More likely if it's a matter of my tax dollars (county auditor who isn't really a CPA), a matter of faking a serious duty done or honor earned (wasn't really a Navy SEAL in the Gulf War; didn't really get a Purple Heart), or a matter of public trust (current politician who was partying and playing golf back in college, when his resume says he was, say....flying for the Texas National Guard).

- More likely if I thought he was an asshole.

You out them directly on the forum.:D

So you were not a PJ then clint. You fucking loser. Hey, you be here for da xmas
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

What if said fraud is a tandem instructor, S&TA, and claims of huge jump numbers in multiple disciples with absolutely no ability what so ever to back it up. One who also asks you to sign his instructor proficiency card with out actually doing any of the requirements. Its even better when you have video proof of said fraud.

Assuming the lack of ability, yeah, that would be bad. But life is so full of grey areas - even in this context.

I know this one husband & wife team who teach the AFF FJC together and jump their students as a team, beginning with AFF-1, and on. They each have over 2,000 jumps and are excellent flyers. One is a certified AFF-I. The spouse is not. The non-AFF-I usually jumps reserve side, FWIW. Technically, that shouldn't be done, but those of us who know about it also know this person's actual qualifications pretty well, so it really doesn't bother us much.

>>The non-AFF-I usually jumps reserve side, FWIW. Technically, that shouldn't be done, but those of us who know about it also know this person's actual qualifications pretty well, so it really doesn't bother us much.
Sorry, I don't see any gray area here.

1. Who made you an "evaluator" of someone's AFF abilities?

2. Yeah, reserve side, that's the "easy" slot . . .

3. Does your DZ have big signs posted saying they don't use USPA rated AFF Instructors and is it in the student's waiver? If not what happens if the worst happens and USPA gets sued?

4. Think I'll go down to the Goodwill store and buy an old briefcase and a cheap suit and open a law office.

5. >:(

NickD :S

reply]

Here is the story of the worst poser I ever encountered. Most of what you can read about him on this website occurred after my run-in with him:

http://www.ousterhout.net/zoom.html

Zoomie is currently operating the web site

www.aero-news.net

Just as bad and biased as the shitty magazine he used to publish. There are some legit journalists that write for the site. They tarnish their reputations by associating with a nutter like Zoom.

I dropped my 22 year EAA membership when the EAA announced in their weekly email news that they were going to cooperate with Zoom on the latest edition of his shitty books about homebuilt aircraft.
The EAA rep defended their actions as supporting a legit journalist. What a load of crap. The rep knew about John Osterhoudt's web page, but refused to read the content and was rather unpleasant about the whole matter. Helping the dirtbag behind the scenes to ensure accuracy is one thing. Promoting the author via email news as a legit source of unbiased info was and is totally unacceptable. The EAA continues its long downhill slide...

I dropped my 22 year EAA membership when the EAA announced in their weekly email news that they were going to cooperate with Zoom on the latest edition of his shitty books about homebuilt aircraft.
The EAA rep defended their actions as supporting a legit journalist. What a load of crap. The rep knew about John Osterhoudt's web page, but refused to read the content and was rather unpleasant about the whole matter. Helping the dirtbag behind the scenes to ensure accuracy is one thing. Promoting the author via email news as a legit source of unbiased info was and is totally unacceptable. The EAA continues its long downhill slide...

Well, that is depressing news. I thought everyone with a clue in the aviation world was wise to Zoom by now. On the upside, Zoom has a track record of lifting articles from other publications, so those tend to be pretty accurate.:ph34r: