Hawkins121

Links to Packing instruction videos

I have a brand new rig and packers at my DZ avoid it like the plague. I need to learn to pack. Do you guys have any links to Packing instruction videos?

I could wait till I got back next week but I would like to learn and practice at home so I dont have to worry about bothering people at the dz.

Here ya go: http://www.square1.com/Manufacturers/Square1/cat700.html

scroll down a bit you'll see SURVIVAL SERIES DVD
It's got 5 videos, 1.5 packing vids:

Pack Like A Pro & Trouble-Free ZP(.5, its short, but informative)

I have them and they are a good resource for a beginner.
---------------------
Twin Falls BASE Co.
208-423-8080
www.twinfallsbase.com

How'd you get your A without learning how to pack? :S

Except for that errant Cosmo article, a quick Google brought back a few reputable sources. I know there's other sites as well. There's a video called "Pack Like a Pro" but I don't think it's downloadable; someone at your DZ might have a copy or you can buy one.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I went through a packing class 6 months ago and packed a rig which I jumped. Thats the only one I packed and most of the details have escaped me.

I'll probably end up buying pack like a pro. I Was just hoping there were packing videos on the web. If there were, this thread could be of use to others in the future as well.

Yeah, that comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek... I know it generally takes more practice than what you get for the A license to learn to pack.

You may find some of the diagrams I linked helpful, you may not. When I was learning to pack, the first several times, I really had to do it at at the DZ with other people around so I could stop and ask questions.

I've been looking through the links. Thanks.

You know it was sorta funny... Nobody would pack that thing... The girl running manifest ended up helping me pack. Which was really cool. I missed 2 loads because I didnt know how to pack... My own fault. but its funny when you have packers "working" that wont pack a rig. I offered $10 a pack and no dice.. lmao. I guess packing a new ZP sucks that bad. and no i'm not a dick like I am on here. :ph34r:

I'll probably end up buying pack like a pro. I Was just hoping there were packing videos on the web. If there were, this thread could be of use to others in the future as well.

There is a decent packing website with good pictures. Often linked here, so should show up in search.

Packing like a Pro can't hurt, but I don't think it's the answer either. I'm surprised they won't pack for you, but you ought to be able to get someone(s) to offer suggestions while you're actually doing it, and you hopefully will find you remember something from 6 months ago.

It's all about getting it in the bag. Note there is another recent thread here on that subject.

Yeah, I thought I'd be fine trading out my 300jump '98 Triathlon for a slightly smaller new one. It's been an experience. Up to only 8 pack jobs. We'll see if the Elsinore packers want any part of it, or I'm going to be tired by the end of Sunday.

Do you guys have any links to Packing instruction videos?

No links, but PD has a really nice packing video. I called them and asked them about it, and they sent me one for free! Of course I was jumping a PD canopy at the time, but their packing method will probably work for most anyone's canopy... I still use their method on the new Triathlon I bought.

And for those that haven't had the joy of packing a brand new ZP canopy, I can tell you honestly that it sucks just a bad as everyone says it does. :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I've been having trouble packing as well just been having trouble getting it into the bag but other jumpers have been giving me heaps of ideas and different ways of getting it in there, Awsome guysB|, Finally getting the hang of it

Have you received your A license with packing a brand new ZP canopy ? :P

Hell no! I still haven't packed one of those. :P

Don't feel bad, I got my "A" license quite awhile ago and I can't pack a new ZP either.:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Pack Like a Pro is not that good. It's informative I give it that but Billy Weber uses an F-111 canopy to demonstrate packing, I think that's cheating a little.
There is another video called Trouble Free Zero P, but I have never seen it.