payback462

anybody know anything about hard anodized cookware?

so, when i asked my mom what she wanted for xmas she said a hard anodized cookware set. (with emphasis on hard anodized)
so i need some help here seeing as i have no idea whats good and whats not since the only pots ive ever spent money on came with my trangia stove.

anyone have any experiences/opinions
im looking to spend around 100-125 but will spend more if its a good deal/ big step up in quality.

I'm still a cast iron man myself. Best no-stick surface around. B|

Oh it sticks...it's just that ya can use a cold chisel to get it off, without doin' any damage! ;)
Not if it is seasoned properly and cleaned properly.;)Tips>http://www.kitchenemporium.com/info/castiron.html;)Edit to add. They hurt like hell whe the ole lady wacks ya w/ one.B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

If your food sticks to your cast iron, then you just don't have it seasoned well enough. Once your cast iron is good and broken in its the best for good tasting food. I have a flat skillet that I use for damned near everything. Its my favorite piece of cook ware.

I really need to get another cast iron dutch oven, though. I haven't used one in years and it was one of my favorite cookwares for camping. You can bake anything in there and it always tastes better coming off of an open fire.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

hehe...dutch oven.

I've told Morgan about them and she wants me to show her how dutch ovens work while camping.

:D

I gave my wife a dutch oven ONCE wont do that againB|B|

She went ballistic:D:D:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Calphalon- although its hard to find the regular calphalon these days- every place sells the non-stick variety- decent but not necessary. The fact is, if you cook properly with the anodized stuff (heat the pan first, then heat the oil, then add the food) your food really won't stick. Plus, it withstands much higher temps than non-stick surfaces. Its pretty much indestructable and unlike cast iron, you CAN wash it thoroughly without worrying about ruining the "seasoning". Good Stuff!

One more thing- in that price range, you can probably get one or maybe two good pieces but not a whole set. Or you can get a whole set of something not as good. Personally, I would prefer one or two really good pieces that will last forever over an entire set of something that won't- but that's just me.