pasqual

shipping problem new rig from US to europe

Have the sender under claim it at lets say $25.00
But you wont be able to insure it so if it gets lost that's your loss.

so you're saying that the gear dealer should lie about it on the form and risk a felony and possibly losing their business in order to ship someone a rig overseas because they don't want to pay the extra few bucks VAT?

now THAT makes perfect sense.

so you're saying that the gear dealer should lie about it on the form and risk a felony and possibly losing their business in order to ship someone a rig overseas because they don't want to pay the extra few bucks VAT?

If those evil gear dealers weren't all about making money off skydivers instead of providing a service to their skydiving brothers and sisters out of the goodness of their hearts, they'd do just that. :S:D

its not such a big deal. I've bought loads of stuff and the suppliers have gladly lied about the price. Or better yet have them mark it as a gift and tell them to not include any paperwork, invoices, etc. with the package but to post everything seperate. When the post office asks about value play dumb and say it was a surprise gift and you don't even know what's inside the box.

Are you kidding me?

This is a question that you really need an answer to?

Umm, why dont you get the dealer to send it to someone you know in the states and then get them to send it to you as a gift??

If you dont know anybody to do this then that is just your bad luck and you need to pay taxes.
If you have purchased a rig before asking the dealer to send it as a gift then that is plain dumb!
You may as well have bought it here in the uk.

Sort your shit out before you make purchases.

Might i add, Maybe you could go to another forum and ask how to commit fraud on your first post.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Umm, why dont you get the dealer to send it to someone you know in the states and then get them to send it to you as a gift??

Doesn't this someone then has to pay a gift tax in US? I heard that gifts over some (very low) value are taxable.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Doesn't this someone then has to pay a gift tax in US? I heard that gifts over some (very low) value are taxable.

In the United States we have a lifetime $1,000,000 gift allowance. Gifts in excess of an $11,000 annual exclusion count against that limit.

Once you hit the limit, you pay a 47% tax.

The gift tax is there to keep people from getting arround the estate tax by giving their heirs property before they die.