iluvtofly

Skydiving on Mythbusters....Again

This is just a guess, but I am thinking that when they contacted the DZ and told them what they wanted to do, the DZ probably told them "no, you dont get 90 secs of freefall from 4 grand, no you can't talk in freefall and yes you can catch someone" but they did the episode anyway because it's a cool episode to do.

i wish they had done whether or not someone holding on to the rig could actually hang on when the parachute opens...

Closed Captioning.... DUH

Oh and by the way, it DID have a nicely done skydiving/base jump RW scene by the elves... B|

/They did make a nice rw jump, didn't they! ... now that elf at the end when the kid doesn't want to give up his present, the elf says "trust me" .. .. that elf is scary! no way would i trust him!!!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

The full episode is available at http://video.discovery.com. Just download their little player (it took like 15 seconds) and the episode title is called 'Air Plane Hour'

If that doesn't work for you, PM me your address and I'll send you a DVD or VHS; I DVR'd it.

edit: made clicky
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

OK guys, I missed the show but have been arguing with a buddy for a long time over that stupid airplane on the conveyor belt question.... Please tell me they proved the friggen plane would take off and said so on the show .. I want to end the madness with him :P

OK guys, I missed the show but have been arguing with a buddy for a long time over that stupid airplane on the conveyor belt question.... Please tell me they proved the friggen plane would take off and said so on the show .. I want to end the madness with him :P

Who have you been arguing about this with? and what are they trying to convince you of?
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

It was entertaining...for the most part. The only thing that I really did not like was seeing Buster bounce. I know he's not real and it's just a Simulaid, but the image of seeing a human form hit the ground from freefall is very disturbing. They played that scene (and the scattered appendages) several times over. :|

_Pm

I didnt like it either... i lost a good friend out at perris that went in with nothing out... i didnt ike the sensationalizing by showing the dummy bounce..

But other than that i dug the entire episode..

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan