auburnguy

Drug addicts

Are there a lot of recovering drug addicts/ alcoholics in skydiving? I know there are plenty of active ones, but its the recovering ones I'm interested in.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Are there a lot of recovering drug addicts/ alcoholics in skydiving? I know there are plenty of active ones, but its the recovering ones I'm interested in.

dont worry about Airtwardo and that other Bozo.:ph34r:

Yes 17 years CnS last August there are a few around:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Try this,

Friends of Bill W. Skydivers.
4293 West 800 N.
Leesburg IN 46538

or leave message
574-658-3066

I know of several 12 steppers and a few former junkies.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

im not a 12 stepper, I think 12step is kinna gay. but I did spend a few months in rehab about a year and a half ago.

I know a LOT of 12 steppers who thought that:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

im not a 12 stepper, I think 12step is kinna gay. but I did spend a few months in rehab about a year and a half ago.

I know a LOT of 12 steppers who thought that:D:D

They gotta be careful of what they substitute their addiction with.:D

I'd rather smoke up than have a cock in my mouth:D

I'm proud to say I dont do either.
My photos

My Videos

I figure when it's down to doing the 12-step thing or being dead, the 12-step thing is probably the better option. But that's just my opinion.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I figure when it's down to doing the 12-step thing or being dead, the 12-step thing is probably the better option. But that's just my opinion.

Sounds like VERY good thinking to me, IN FACT that's why I am alive today :)

(yeah yeah yeah I can hear the disapointed groans from here:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

And luckily, doing the 12-step thing or being dead are not the only two options for addicts. (Though unfortunately, that is what most treatment programs will tell them.)

And luckily, doing the 12-step thing or being dead are not the only two options for addicts. (Though unfortunately, that is what most treatment programs will tell them.)

And what a lot of experience "quitting" tells a lot of others.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Exactly.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Dot know about there, but here inOZ, there are many promoted methods of getting and staying clean.
If fact a lot of money is made trying to convince people to NOT do 12 step programs.

12 Step programs are not for everyone, but they do work and work they well for those who work it.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Some things are better kept to ourselves. After all I could say rehab is for weak minded loosers but that would not be very nice now would it.
Also would be very inaccurate:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?