kbordson

Tattoo question

Quick question for the one or two peoples out there that might also have ink.

Have any of you had the tattoos blister and then ulcer where the ink is/was?

I have a tattoo on my ankle. I was getting IPL hair removal to my legs and the silly cow hit my tattoo with the light. For two days it burned and stung. Then it seemed to get better. Then after a week, it started blistering. Tried to be good, didn't pop it, kept it lotioned and it seemed to get better. Then last night (four weeks after the initial injury) the top layer of one of the skydivers bodies came off and the lil ulcer it left (although kinda interesting in a 3D sort of way) is a bit concerning.

Just wondering if anybody had any such events and after it all healed if you were able to re-ink it successfully.

and before anyone tells me to go to a doctor...... DUH! :P

Definitly can be fixed...Sometimes scar tissue can be an issue to tattoo over but a small area like that with black ink is an easy fix...just wait to have the repair until the normal scar tissue discoloration is lightened up......I had a similar issue on a tattoo that had alot of white ink and didn't keep high enough SPF sunscreen on it:(. The white ink absorbed more of the heat and UV's and burned worse and blistered....it took two sittings but after the repair you can't even tell the tattoo was ever damagedB|

Just let it heal up naturally, once healed fully get the whole thing gone over, or a nice cover up. It doesnt look bad enough to go to the doctors over, oh and dont put any cream on it. People suggest zillions of lotions and potions but natural healing is best. If you must use lotion less is more, too much can be worse than nothing. Hope that helps.

Don't you use lasers to remove tattoos? I know several people that have had ink removed with laser treatments.
I don't know the diffrences between the hair removal style lasers vs the tat removers, but seems like they should be close to the same.
I hope that ulcer area does not get nasty. good luck.
www.greenboxphotography.com