ripcord4

Military Airborne helmet

To anyone on duty with the Airborne: does the Airborne use the new-style three-point suspension chin strap to jump with or do you still use the "old-style" set-up with the Velcro stabilizer straps? Is anything extra used with the three point style - ala the Velcro straps? Please PM with answers. Thanks, guys!

The New "ACH" is quickly becoming the Helmet of choice for ALL the Army. No Special mods are done to it, it was designed to work from the begining.

You can find them in many of the Military Surplus/equipoment catolags.

Most of the units that Jump are already converted to the new helmet.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I would never learn my lesson. My kevlar was knocked off a few times because i wouldnt tighten it completely. Comfort was more important than safety at the time i suppose lol. It would just end up around my neck... I was always torn between putting the kevlar back on and rubbing the riser burns on my neck....

Most units are using the new stuff. If you go to Benning you'll use the same old shit w/ velcro stabilizer straps. Least that's what we had when I went in early 05....
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."