JumpinJules

Winter jumping w/snow

You think that was bad?

The guy running the show, for the -5 jumps, Joe Johnson was taking tandems up to 7G. It was the ultimate kick in the nuts for the wuffos, and they didn't even know it.

Since the helicopter (R44)had no doors and no room to move, they left the ground fully hooked up and ready to go. Joe was on his back inside the chopper, while his passenger dangled outside for the whole trip to altitude. We payed $60 for the heli jump, it was stupid, but the kids had never done it and would have jumped no mater what. These tandem students got down and did the standard tandem student things. They were all about how great there jump was, but holy s&*t they just got stiffed for $250 got almost no freefall and got the brunt of 25 minutes of very sub 0 temp.

I would love to get them into the polar bear thing, they really deserve some kind of reward. for doing what they did.

They were given the option not to jump.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I would love to get them into the polar bear thing, they really deserve some kind of reward. for doing what they did.

Just tell them to go to the OFPB site (link in my signature) and register. I totally agree with you, they do qualify for a cub number!

I jump, I live, I love. Ourson #1 Ordre des Ours Polaires Volants

Winter jumping is the best! :D

I get to do all type of stupid landing tricks that I don't often have the balls to do when the ground is just grass and hard ass dry dirt.

I managed to pull of some fun downwind supermans this Saturday. :ph34r:

No fun without pics...

http://www.skydivingstills.com/gallery/4000611/1/232716828/Large

http://www.skydivingstills.com/gallery/4000611/1/232716852/Large

Dave

holy s&*t they just got stiffed for $250 got almost no freefall and got the brunt of 25 minutes of very sub 0 temp.

1 - did they enjoy the jumps? (i bet yes is the answer)

2 - did they get informed about how high and how much freefall? (i bet yes is the answer)

so I think 'getting stiffed' is wrong - these were special tandems and out of a helicopter. comparing it to, for example, a tandem out of an Otter in the summer, is apples to oranges. Hell, I wouldn't say a tandem out of a Cessna DZ is getting stiffed - but there is less freefall time and not as comfy a ride so I could make the argument (I'd also be wrong to).

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants