shermanator

Which should I sell?

Don't sell either! Seriously, there is absolutely no reason you need to. Get a simple ring (I'm not saying a peice of sh*t, just a simple ring that doesn't have a giant freaking rock on it). Nice, classy rings are out there for very reasonable prices, especially if your GF likes non-diamond stones.

My fiance's ring cost about $200. It doesn't look like a typical engagement ring so a lot of people don't think that's what it is... instead, random people tell her all the time "wow! that's a gorgeous ring!" and ask where she found it. Answer? the jewelry department at Sears. She couldn't be happier, and yes, she knows what it cost.

If you can't find something under $500 that she would like, IMO she's not worth it. I'm not saying it's bad to pay more if one has the money, just that if one DOESN'T have the money or has to sell important things to get it, they shouldn't feel pressured to splurge.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Don't sell either! Seriously, there is absolutely no reason you need to. Get a simple ring (I'm not saying a peice of sh*t, just a simple ring that doesn't have a giant freaking rock on it). Nice, classy rings are out there for very reasonable prices, especially if your GF likes non-diamond stones.

My fiance's ring cost about $200. It doesn't look like a typical engagement ring so a lot of people don't think that's what it is... instead, random people tell her all the time "wow! that's a gorgeous ring!" and ask where she found it. Answer? the jewelry department at Sears. She couldn't be happier, and yes, she knows what it cost.

If you can't find something under $500 that she would like, IMO she's not worth it. I'm not saying it's bad to pay more if one has the money, just that if one DOESN'T have the money or has to sell important things to get it, they shouldn't feel pressured to splurge.

Fuck that. Go ahead and get a piece of shit. She's pregnant. If she's got any brains at all, she's not going anywhere.

Wait a second. She *did* jump in the sack with you.....:D:D

Hmmmm. Now that I think about it, why get a ring at all? Hell, if she wants a ring, just wait until you can afford one.

Walt

I guess i should clarify... I don't know how to play the guitar.

That guitar is 50 years old. My guess is that there are very few around. If it is in playable condition, learn to play the fucker!

It is easier than ever to learn a musical instrument these days--especially guitar!

Walt

He should at least get the guitar appraised to find out its worth. Have it insured for 20% more... then accidentally drop it off a 3rd floor window. Presto! You got cash! :D

Hell, I've got a '65 model Gibson flat-top that's been appraised at $3,800! HIS, is a '57, for cryin' out loud!!! They got some nice rings in the pawn shops... cheap, too!

Chuck

Sell the guitar..
That is if it's worth enough to get the ring. I am not sure what they go for, did you have it appraised?
How much are you going to spend on a ring?
A nice ring should cost about $3800.00
And get white gold or platinum not yellow gold,
yellow gold is out...
unless you already bought it, then its real nice and classic, and maybe the next big thing... hehehe
Anyway, I'd sell my Gibson Epiphone if I thought I'd get any real money for it, it's not an antique though. It has an inlay of mother of pearl in the shape of a butter fly... oval hole in it, nice, sounds great but I don't play it much anymore... wanna buy it? :D

Whether you think you can or can't
either way you're right!

that's the problem, i was using them.... and got her knocked up.

Doh!

Maybe she would be more impressed with you spending your money in a more practical way, such as a baby savings account or something like that.

Maybe Before you think long term invest in a DNA test:|.

Sometimes even ladies get confused, date rape drugs, toilet seats swimming pools etc. :o

If your really in love forget about the DNA test and save the $$$ start the lifelong relationship with trust and love:)
One Jump Wonder

Burn a lot of cash on a DIAMOND ring?

I guess I'll never understand you americans.

Too bad it's a 169 you're selling, I'd love a better 150 than what I've got right now.

:D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Dude, please tell me you've changed your mind about selling your cool stuff to get a ring!

Walt

I haven't quite decided yet. the guitar was my grandmother's, and then my bio dad's. I got it for child support.

hmmm, I can easily get ring on credit, but i have enough of that out right now. I'm just looking for a simple ring, $1400 range. more I am thinking about it, canopy is most logical to sell, can easily get a new canopy. .. ok, I probably won't sell either.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720