namgrunt

memories of LEE GERRARD last saturday at the FARM

big crowd
getting to meet Lees English family
his mum is sooo cool
I know the apple did not fall far from the tree after meeting Lees dad

The love and respect for Lee was so aparient

Food,BBQ,beans,beer,shrinp,sweets (I ate too much

the display with pictures of Lee and Brandy(Lee was skinny 1 time)

the clowds were crying

everyone was so loving,

Peanut,Clay,Chuck Blue,Rosco,Kitty,Blain ow so many great folks

Lee was there in both spiret and his remains were HEAVY

Brandy,girl you are so brave ,you make us proud

Lees mum telling me the CUNT STORY and how she hated that WORD but every time she scolded Lee ,he ended up making her laugh buy saying it ,like 5/10 times while promiseing NEVER to use the word again

LEE WE MISS YOU BRO
BUT THEN YOU ARE WITH US ALWAYS

Lees mum saying
Lee was a notty boy..ya know

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

What a great memorial for a great friend. It was great meeting Lee's parents and sister. They are awesome and I can see why Lee was such a wonderful, fun-loving person.

I haven't drank for 12+ hours in a long time and had so much fun. Got to meet Cocheese and he's even more perverted in person! Man after my own heart!:P:D

Here's some pics and thanks to everyone that made this happen. I'm sure the fat bastard was looking down and saying "great fucking party mates, THANKS!":)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

So many stories; so many good memories shared Saturday night, and I'm happy to have been there to hear them firsthand. It truly was a celebration befitting the man who affected so many in such a good way. Most there were closer to Lee than I was (he had so many that were 'friends' in the most sincere form of the word), but I know that it was welcomed comfort to see this number of people present to share with one another the unforgettable impressions left by the spirit of such a kind, generous and cheerful soul.

They say misery loves company. The honor of being there in the midst of Lee's closest friends from all over, and the fact that his family traveled so far to participate, reminds me that it's not fair to always take that term in the negative connotation which it suggests, but rather in this case it can give comfort. Being sad together is better than being sad alone.

Seeing the uneasy and at times forced smiles of so many who feel this same hole in their hearts, coupled with anger at losing him so tragically and early in his life shows that, as bad as it hurts, we are the fortunate ones: Most of the world didn't have Lee to lose. They didn't know him. They will never realize what they missed.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars
--Charles Beard
Roll Tide Roll

Great to see everyone again, meet some DZ.commers I hadn't met before, and to meet Lee's family....

And to take out the whole "River Card Gerrard" family on my way to victory in the fundraising poker game. As I told his dad when we were heads up "I would play your son mercilessly so I hope you don't expect me to have mercy on you! This is all love for the Gerrard family!"

Thanks to Hans and company for a typical warm welcome at the Farm. I wish the weather could have cooperated to get that ash dive off, but oh well.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It was great to see everyone again, meet some new people and share stories about Lee. It was a good day, only Lees presence would have made it better...

The story Lees mum told about how Lee tricked her into 'nicking' beer from a store was perfect and a classic 'Lee' that I will retell to even people who have never met him. I can hear him now laughing as he drove away from the store telling his mum she just stole beer for them to drink that night...

On another note:
Pat (Lees mum) mentioned to me that she had never seen any of the pictures that were set-up on Lees memorial table. I thought due to Lee being so far from his parents they didnt have a lot of recent pictures of Lee doing what he did on a regular basis. I know Lee was always on the other side of the camera so there arent a lot out there but I thought it would be cool to get some pictures together, burn them to a disc, print some copies, attach a little note where it was, what was going on, who was in the picture... and ship it to his family in England.

I am going to be sending a package in a couple of weeks with all of the prints from the memorial table, the video from the memorial, and the still pictures from that night. If anyone has anything to add to it please contact me, I just figured if we each added a couple of pics it would tell a nice story of what he had been up to for the past 10 years... I know my parents would appreciate it.

I know there are some pics posted here but I was looking for the hi-res versions for printing.

What a wonderful show of support and respect for Lee! Just like Lee, his family is hard not to gravitate to. It was easy to see where his big heart and generous ways came from. I am proud to be apart of this great skydiving family and the Farm. The way everyone came together told stories, shared our love and supported the family ANY way we could. Hopefully in some small way we helped those who loved Lee the most get through this difficult time. Blaine said it best when he said the world is a better place because of him.

May we take away the lessons he taught so well... give to those who do not have. Tell that, in which no one else has the guts to. Live each day to the fullest knowing there is no time limit on life. Smile and laugh all you can for in the end, it is what you want to be remembered for the most!

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

Lee would have done the same for you:)

That's an awesome photo. Y'know, I just happened to have those gloves in the pocket of my jacket (and as photos will evidence I was damn cold all weekend so I was glad I have them). But I realize now looking at them ... that's a very Shreky green. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

***Hope I get to see all of you again soon!!

It was great hanging out with you this weekend as always! Hope you made it home okay.:)

RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Uploaded my photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krisanne/sets/72157603486252647/

If you're in the DZ.com photo, add a note with your screen name if I missed it (and I missed a lot!). Let's use this one since it seems to have the most people in it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krisanne/2118259197/in/set-72157603486252647/

***I can't freakin' believe I missed the photo...damn!

We took it while you were dancing naked on the poker tables.:P:D:D I'll post those pics for you soon though.;)

me... dance on poker tables... possible with enough alcohol.

me... dance naked on a poker table... only chance of that ever happening is in your dreams :P;):D

Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

It was a trying day for sure. By the end of it I was exhausted and a mess. I've been told I said some good things on the mic but I cant even remember one word I said.

It was very helpful to see so many friends from so far away and share that day to help with the healing process.

May you all have a wonderful holidays and new year! :)

Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865