SpeedRacer

How old are you, and do you use a landline, cell phone, or both? (at home, not work)

Because I get shitty reception in my living room, I sometimes have to use the land line. And, I also don't have unlimited minutes, but I do have millions of rollover, so that's really not the issue. It's more the reception and dropping calls sitting on the couch that pisses me off.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I only talk on my cell but I have a VOIP landline that I forward to my cell. Only reason I have that is to have a local number for certain things.

I've got both but I forward the cell to my VOIP cuz cell service here sucks so people only have to know one number.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I still have a landline for two reasons:

1. Sometimes when my kids are at home, they don't hear their cell phones when I call because they've wandered off from where they left it but they can hear the house phone.

2. When 3 hurricanes went over my house a few years ago, the landline was the only way to communicate with people because the cell towers were damaged each time and stayed down for days.

As long as I live where hurricanes hit, I'm gonna keep the landline. That said, I usually only give out my cell phone number to people, not the house number.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

How do you factor having a landline because it's the cheapest way to get DSL? I don't have a phone plugged into that line.

When I lived in an apartment, I had the landline for the same reason... DSL... The cable company wanted quite a bit more per month than what my total phone/DSL bill was. I had a phone plugged in to it, but when it rang, I knew it was a wrong number.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

35, cell only. When the young'un gets old enough, maybe I'll get the newest version of landline. If it becomes a need. Any body else remember the day when you bought that super-extended phone cord so you can walk away from the wall?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Land line + Cell.

Live in BFE . . . lousy cell reception - the driveway is the end of the "line" . . . no DSL or cable and I ain't paying for a bunch of crap I don't want anyway.

I pay for a bunch of crap I don't want in order to get a bunch of crap I do want. Cell phone + 5Mb cable internet + pretty much all the TV channels including the Hi Def and premium channels and DVR...all adds up to around $300/month. B|:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Telephone trivia

Anyone remember when you HAD to rent the telephone from the phone company.

Anyone remember having a party line (Telephone speak)

Anyone remember the last time you used a rotary dial phone and the color.

Anyone remember making their own phone.

Anyone remember not having a telephone.

Anyone remember the last time you used a rotary dial phone and the color.

Yesssir!! I remember that color. I think Crayola called it "Baby Shit Green"

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln