galvar2439

Can people really change?

I have been thinking ( Iknow its dangerous) about people and if they can really change if they were jerks, assholes, or just plain mean. What if someone is unfaithful?
I mean i know i have changed over the years, when i was a younger man i was a real piece of work, alot of success early was the worst thing that could have happened to me as far as who i was. I am very different in the way i approach situations and much more patient! Never thought i would be a skydiver ( that skydiver part is still under construction). But sometimes my thoughts are just the same as they were back then. Am i still an asshole? Sometimes i wonder.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

People can change but they have to want to. :| If they do, it may be hard, but it can be done. The fact you realize you were slipping is a good sign.

If they don't want to change, you can't make them. Period. You may be able to convince them to want to change though.

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

yes people can change. When I got married, I was very trusting, very marriage, wife minded, mother minded. The only thing that is still the same there is my kids are still the center of my world and the most important people in my life. As for everything else, I trust NO ONE, until they prove in length they can be trusted. I have MAJOR committment issues and am in it only for me. (used to be I took everyone else into consideration first, and put myself last in everything). I really doubt if I will ever overcome my trust or committment issues.... and I can attribute it 100% to my soon to be ex husband...

People do change. I used to be sweet and innocent, got married, then divorced. Now I'm a cynical, bitter, and cold-hearted bitch... But, it's all good. I have my circle of friends that will still put up with me.

side note - I do collections at work, so I kind of hard to have a cold heart. You purchase it, you pay for it regardless of whatever is going on in your life.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I used to be sweet and innocent, got married, then divorced. Now I'm a cynical, bitter, and cold-hearted bitch...

The funny part is that many of the people reading that will assume you are joking!:D:D:D:D

Walt

Kinda like if I said I used to be shy and quiet. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Pretty much I feel what is in your heart will never change. People with cold hearts will probably always hang on to that in one way or another.

I suppose some people may change when something very drastic happens, like they almost die, or lose someone very close to them. All I know is life is too short, learn to be the best person you can be all the time. Be gracious, life is precious.

People do change. I used to be sweet and innocent, got married, then divorced. Now I'm a cynical, bitter, and cold-hearted bitch.

But you still like your booty calls, dontcha? ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

yes people can change. When I got married, I was very trusting, very marriage, wife minded, mother minded. The only thing that is still the same there is my kids are still the center of my world and the most important people in my life. As for everything else, I trust NO ONE, until they prove in length they can be trusted. I have MAJOR committment issues and am in it only for me. (used to be I took everyone else into consideration first, and put myself last in everything). I really doubt if I will ever overcome my trust or committment issues.... and I can attribute it 100% to my soon to be ex husband...

Been there done that. Glad I am where I am now - life experiences change you sometimes it is a good thing....sometimes not so good.:S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

People do change. I used to be sweet and innocent, got married, then divorced. Now I'm a cynical, bitter, and cold-hearted bitch.

But you still like your booty calls, dontcha? ;)

Uh, yeah... I kind of like the fact that I can get up and leave right afterwards and not have to lay there and cuddle. :o:S

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself