ACMESkydiver

Dz.com FITNESS Freaks...What's Goin' On In Your World?

B|

I wanted to get some cardio in this morning, but circumstances changed (never can make plans with the twins' crazy behaviors sometimes...) so that didn't happen. I need to get out of here for my hair appointment.

After my hair I have to take the twins to speech therapy, but after that, I should have some help here in the house so I'll leave the kids with her and go work out. I've been kinda slackin' on the diet (damn brownies!!! >:(>:() what with all the Christmas treats and such...but as of this morning, I'm doing great again and I feel good about that. B|

Just bought Joe and I both some new reflective winter running gear so we won't get killed trying to get healthy (a mini van nearly clipped him on his 7 mile run the other day. :(). Joe says he's taking me on his short route tomorrow...that's 1.5 miles of hills that he does on upper body lifting days to 'warm up'. :S

Pray for me. :S:D

-How ya doin'?
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

The good ...

Three mornings of getting my ass out of bed at 5:15 to make it to the gym (including today when I'm trying to get my ass out of town), plus a long neighborhood walk on Sunday and yoga Tuesday night.

The bad ...

My neighbors' holiday party last night and the yummy treats ... I didn't totally max out but I did have a little more than necessary. [:/]

Goal for the weekend ...

Get through a weekend of DZ living with minimal damage.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Prayers, girl! I HATE running! I have great endurance on the elliptical but I just can't do the running thing. My trainer had me doing sprints last week- I was DYING!

We had a goody basket delivered at work on Tuesday- cake, cookies, brownies, etc. BAD BAD BAD! :$ At least I am working out regularly still. I hit my legs pretty hard Monday (a darn good workout on my own with no trainer, so I was happy with that!) Tuesday and Thursday I did the Capoeira class at the Ballys, and on Wednesday, my trainer and I worked arms harder than I've ever worked them before. Yowza! I was really expecting them to hurt yesterday and today, but so far, they're fine! I've got my gym bag with me today, but I haven't decided whether or not I will go to the gym after work. I'm kind of hit or miss on Fridays- I'd just as soon go home, order Chinese and open a bottle of wine but a workout would be so much better for me!

I'm hoping the classes and my weekly sessions with my trainer will help keep me going to the gym regularly all winter. Last winter, I really slacked off and didn't start up again until March. I don't want to do that this year!

The bad news:

We got back late on saturday night. Too jet lagged to do much of anything for a couple of days and then worked on wednesday. Slacked yesterday and am spending the morning doing the christmas decorations. Getting back into the groove on monday as i have the kids this weekend.

The good news:
I am down 12 lbs since september and didn't really gain while we are on vacation. Looks like I was better on the trip than I thought I was.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

The bad news:

We got back late on saturday night. Too jet lagged to do much of anything for a couple of days and then worked on wednesday. Slacked yesterday and am spending the morning doing the christmas decorations. Getting back into the groove on monday as i have the kids this weekend.

The good news:
I am down 12 lbs since september and didn't really gain while we are on vacation. Looks like I was better on the trip than I thought I was.

Well congrats on keeping the 12 pounds off! :)
~Jaye

Been running or swimming every morning this week but Tuesday, swam this morning, did my 500yd gear swim in 7 min, 3 sec. Then a bunch of kick development, and 500yd of anaerobic conditioning, hypoxic laps. And they went better this time... far better.

Came home from work tonight and did 400 situps in sets of 50, and 200 side crunches in sets of 50. Not too sore in the abs, so I'm going to swim tomorrow despite the soreness in my legs, then come home and do plenty of other ab exercises and as many pushups as I can. Should be shipping out on January 8th, so at least now I have a set goal.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I've been slacking off since El Tour mid November. Then, the weather started to crap out, so no riding. But I brought the bike work to go for rides on my lunch hour, and finally, wednesday, it cleared up and I went for a 20mile ride on Wed and Thurs.

But now, it's on the road next week, and the the Boogie... :ph34r:

Remster

I'm still hitting the gym M-F, 2 hours per day. Good news: scale says I'm down to 135- my target weight (I'm 5'7" and comfortable with the way my clothes fit). Bad news: I've dropped a cup size--not fair that the girls have to suffer so I can be a little thin. Anyway, I don't know if anyone else's gyms offer any of the Les Mills classes, but if so....give 'em a try. We have Body Pump www.lesmills.com at my gym 3 mornings a week and I've seen some changes in myself after doing the classes regularly for only 4 weeks. It's a really tough workout but so much fun. My spin instructor told me yesterday that my workouts would always be hard as long as I wanted to really work...I must really want to work because my muscles are screaming;). Good luck with the holiday goodies everyone--make good choices.

Ok, I'm jumping in. I signed up for the Hood2Coast race this year set for August.(198 miles from Mt. Hood to Seaside Oregon) I will be on a team of 12 people all sharing parts of the race. My goal is to be able to run for 8-10 miles without stopping before race time. None of my legs of the race should be longer than that. As of right now I can do 3:| I think I should be able to increase it to that level in time however I am slightly concerned about my shin splints"ouch". I am running 3-4 days a week. Wish me good luck!

"not all grief is bad grief, just ask Charlie Brown"

Good luck! I may eventually run those kinds of distances, but until then... you're nuts! LOL Just kidding, you're not nuts, just committed, dedicated, and ready to kick ass. That's respectable.

As for me, I did 3500yds of swimming this morning. My legs were screaming as usual by about 1500, but BFD, pain and discomfort won't stop me from becoming a rescue swimmer. I swear, I'll be in the rescue swimmer program yelling at my instructors to "GIVE ME MORE!!" I never thought I could be this crazy. But apparently I was wrong.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Going to beat target to run 1,000km this year in an attempt to slow the rate of decline... (slight problem after breaking my heel junping in Russia in July that stopped me running for 2 months so had to really put the distances in to get back on track)... most runs are around 8k (five miles) in about 35 minutes, longest = 16km (10 miles)...

Plus some weights etc etc...

I just got back from Mexico where the 7,000 feet asl and the heat pushed 6km run time to 30 minutes.. (very slow for me) ... got back to the UK and sea level and did 6km in just over 25 minutes despite the jet-lag - it really is soooo much easier at sea level

It's tough at times but good to keep pushing.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Been on this program for 2 months now.

mon/wed/fri - 5 mile run (40 minutes right now) in afternoon

tues - weights in afternoon, 1000meter swim (10 pushups every 50 meters) evening

thurs - weights in afternonn, 1000 meter swim (no stopping) evening, climbing wall (1.5 hours) right after swimming

wed - bouldering wall (2 hours)

sat/sun - traveling, hiking and other outdoorsy activities. usually one day of jumping but not in the past 2 months...fucking weather.

Starting a stretching class two days a week in the morning and a AB burner one afternoon.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Sounds fun.

As for me, I finished 3500yds at the pool today, busting my usual 2000 out of the water. No pun intended. Then I did 400 flutterkicks this afternoon, then 300 pushups, and finally 25 pullups. Tomorrow's the first day I'm sleeping in for almost two weeks. And by sleeping in I mean that instead of waking up at 5, I'll be waking up at about 7.

I'm counting down the days til I move to Arizona and actually have weather that I can run in, I hate wearing a bunch of cold weather gear when I run, I go out in short and a sleeveless tee no matter what the temp and out here it's starting to kick my ass not being able to feel my hands after a run. I miss the nice warm nights in Iraq in the summer when I could go run 10+ miles a night and feel great the whole time. Colorado sucks:(

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Such small rewards....but the pay off is worth it.

Enjoy the extra few hours. I always do.

Well, by sleeping in I actually meant waking up at 5 apparently. My mind and body were ready for the extra couple hours of sleep, but my cat wasn't. She started whining like the little pest she is at 5 on the dot, and kept whining until I got my tired ass out of bed only to find out she didn't have any food. Drove out in the snowstorm to get her food, almost couldn't get back into the garage, and all she could do was whine that I wasn't feeding her quick enough. It's time we put the little furball down, she's only alive and can only stand up straight because she's on two major drugs. She wakes me up again and I'm kicking her through a wall. Guess I'm not sleeping in until next Sunday.

I found that I had actually forgotten how to ride a bike. :| Imagine that.

Of course it was a completely crappy WalMart special that my mechanically mis-inclined friends attempted to put together on their own, hooked the brakes up wrong (no idea how you f*ck up that badly) and then let sit in their garage for months...I borrowed it to see if I could realistically start in on a bike portion of a slacker's beginner baby Tri...I couldn't even make it around the block. I just couldn't believe it...:S:D

I was riding bikes of various types since I was probably 2...grew up dirt biking (there was no such thing as a 'mountain bike' then :P) had a 10-speed that I was so proud of...road miles a day.

Now I can't even keep it in the road. :$:D:D

Oh well...nobody wants to see a fat chick on a bike any ways. -Well, nobody ecxept 'Queen'. :|

~Jaye

I'm still hitting the gym M-F, 2 hours per day. Good news: scale says I'm down to 135- my target weight (I'm 5'7" and comfortable with the way my clothes fit).

Congratulations on being happy with your goal. That's important, and it needs to be what you feel comfortable with, not what anyone else tries to tell you. Sounds like you know what you want.

Height and weight are so different on people. My goal is going to be 132, and I'm only 5' 3 1/2". I look like something is wrong with me if I get below 130 -my extremeties start looking thin and skeletal. :S I remember guys in my unit in the army telling me that I was getting too thin and to stop losing weight because they were concerned. I told them that I weighed 127 & showed them on a scale. They were very surprised. My buddy guessed I'd be around 110. Silly men! :ph34r:

I held on to the stupid false BS of a height/weight scale and celebrity 'under 120lbs or you look fat' mentality for years...even when I was in amazing shape, I believed the stupid height/weight scale and magazines telling me that I was fat! :S

Thank God I actually matured at least a little since then. :P

I am right there with you though being ticked about losing a cup size. I just bought a freaking expensive VS bra prior to dropping a size, too! :S>:(
~Jaye

I found that I had actually forgotten how to ride a bike. :| Imagine that.

Of course it was a completely crappy WalMart special that my mechanically mis-inclined friends attempted to put together on their own, hooked the brakes up wrong (no idea how you f*ck up that badly) and then let sit in their garage for months...I borrowed it to see if I could realistically start in on a bike portion of a slacker's beginner baby Tri...I couldn't even make it around the block. I just couldn't believe it...:S:D

I was riding bikes of various types since I was probably 2...grew up dirt biking (there was no such thing as a 'mountain bike' then :P) had a 10-speed that I was so proud of...road miles a day.

Now I can't even keep it in the road. :$:D:D

Oh well...nobody wants to see a fat chick on a bike any ways. -Well, nobody ecxept 'Queen'. :|

Oh come on, I love seeing fat chicks on bikes. :P

My workouts are still going as scheduled. Even with work getting crazy the past few weeks/month, I find that being able to find a routine is much easier than trying to do so in college.

I've been working out consistently for about 5 months now and its starting to show alot more.

I've started to add more intensity to my workouts as I do my cardio (which is now strictly the elliptical trainer, more on that later).

Usually, today, M and W, I'll do chest, bi's, tri's and lats and then T, Thu, F, I'll do back, lats, traps, shoulders, and bi's

I will usually mix some of it up too and may do more workouts from one group than another. Also I don't do six days but my workouts change during the week depending on the day/work schedule, but I always get at least 4 days in....I also don't workout on set days so my body doesn't get used to a routine and I start to plateau, but when I change it up, I always make sure I get enough rest as well.

During my workouts I've set up a program on my iPod where I give myself 30 sec. of rest in between each set. When that 30 sec. is up, the music changes. In between machines, I give myself 2-3 min. rest. This usually keeps me working pretty hard.

As for cardio, i'm still getting into the same high intensity workout my trainer showed me.
10 min warmup (quick start)
1 min. on level 10-11 with my strides staying above 220 strides/minutes
3 minute rest
1 minute on level 10 w/ strides at 220
3 minute rest
3 min. rest
3 min. rest
5 min cool down

It fucking sucks....not gonna lie. It helps with music though and once you start, you're motivated to the finish. I mainly stick to this because I get a great workout and its gets my heartrate up and down which is awesome. I was doing the upright bike, but my trainer said its not the most effective workout becuase its only made for people who are below 6'1.

Big surprise, i'm too big for something....
:P

So that's how my stuff is going now. I'm gonna check out the winter class selection once the list comes out and will probably join some kind of class. Don't know which one yet as my gym has over 200 of them.

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----