Squeak

Nice Work Mile Hi CO

there really is no argument here just people who want to labour a non valid point

Lets not discuss validity of points. Your argument is as baseless as any other here.

The facts are what they are. They are taking money and forcing you to donate and then take the credit and the tax break off themselves. I prefer to take - MY - money that - I - work for and earn, and distribute it to the charities and causes that - I - want to.

I am more likely to give you a blank check to drop on a charity of your choice than I am to be giving any money to any business that wants to make that decision for me.

My apologies I actually thought you were just arguing for the sake of it i didnt relise you actually were serious.
I'm sorry.
In person it's much easier to tell when someone is working from a limited intelect. I'll remember that for our future discourses
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

LOL Just make 'em think you've been around longer than they have and invite them on your jump. :D

I know you'll be fine. You're not exactly anti-social.

About the canopy thing. if you were landing your canopy on the ground ,instead of half way up the sky like colorado is, I bet you'd be downsizing tomorrow. LOL

I'll figure out a way to find all the .commer's and say hey.

Ill wait til you're all in the tunnal and I'll put a fog machine at the bottom and yell fire as loud as I can.
My photos

My Videos

Oooo--look! Something shiny! (Our thread just burst into flames. :D)

Edited to add: It probably means we're all going to hell for this one. KIDDING, just KIDDING!

I like watching tutlre and squeak, they're so cute when they disagree.
My photos

My Videos

Oooo--look! Something shiny! (Our thread just burst into flames. :D)

Edited to add: It probably means we're all going to hell for this one. KIDDING, just KIDDING!

I like watching tutlre and squeak, they're so cute when they disagree.

And it's funny because I seriously doubt that either of them are disagreeable in real life. Well . . . wait. . . .
TPM Sister #102

I am totally not going to shun the non dz.commers. LOL

they jsut have the added woes to know that I am coming.

About squeak and turtle, I have met either but I'd bet they are both just gigantic assholes like the rest of my friends.
My photos

My Videos

About squeak and turtle, I have met either but I'd bet they are both just gigantic assholes like the rest of my friends.

You met me - Fucker - At Eloy . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My how a nice happy thread goes bad so fast.

Can you two play nice now. Tis the season and all. :)
And Turtle, can't you just be happy that some kids have a place to skate.

For all the whining and griping that goes on here about communities not wanting "those skydivers" around because they're bad, this donation could go a long way to proving to those communities that we're not as bad as they think we are.

From a girl that was lucky enough to grow up where I had all the rinks I wanted to skate on (including a flooded back yard) I say "YAY" to Mile Hi!

:)
Okay kids ... back to your bickering and to decisions on the colour of the cheesie one's sequins.

:P:P

'Shell

Yes you're absofuckinglootly right. oops, my bad.(shows you what kind of impression you left on me, though.:D)

and he is an asshole:D
My photos

My Videos

Yes you're absofuckinglootly right. oops, my bad.(shows you what kind of impression you left on me, though.:D)

and he is an asshole:D

I believe that was head and shoulders weekend.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

uh oh, I'mnot sure what you mean but Impretty sure I dont wanna ask.

Oh - you have such a forgetful memory . . .

There was some impromptu anal sex in the girls restroom one night - but lacking lube they used Head and Shoulders . . . The screams were pretty high pitched.

How is this a public relations blunder??? actually I think it is being very public savy.... here in the city of longmont it is a small town feel and there have been a few issues with mile high, complaining neighbors, noise ... just your normal airport/ city building up close to the airport issues, the issue of the city ice rink being low on the list of priorities when the city has to make ends meet because of less taxes due to less home building and slowing economy... but the ice rink is kind of a nice thing... so when the pr troubled DZ donates money to make the ice rink functional for the season it hits the front page and people notice and think " hey they are not all that bad " this is some of the best PR the DZ could have done...... I know you live in CO but is your mind and your sense of community here ???

Re-read what I wrote. Of course it is positive PR for a business to make a charitable contribution. But telling your customers you are raising prices for the express purpose donating the increase to charity is a blunder. The reaction when it happened is proof of that.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hmmm lets see
1. Skydivers will bitch about anything and do
2. a community that can shut you down and making nice with them.
3. being honest with your customers and telling them why prices go up... yeah thats horrible

face it you would have rather been kept in the dark and lied to, do you think the DZ owner didnt know that....

I would bet if the DZ was faced with some kind of cease and desist, you would jump through hoops and have fund raisers to keep them in business.

I have explained it to you twice that it was a simple PR mistake. If you want to keep beating this dead horse that died four years ago, you will need to do it by yourself.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have explained it to you twice that it was a simple PR mistake. If you want to keep beating this dead horse that died four years ago, you will need to do it by yourself.

So you don't support Mile Hi using that extra $1 per jump and donating it charity, and then MATCHING it $ for $???

Interesting since you list Mile Hi as your home DZ on your profile.

I'd rather know that in the small community that WE support, that THEY'RE supporting that small community that allows me to do this. That the extra $1 I'm paying to that local "company" is going to "something" else locally.

If it bothers you so much to find out that the money you're paying isn't going to the "charity" you choose ... you might want to take up the fight with the GOVERNMENT.

At least with this, you know your $$ have gone to a rink.

What charity have your tax dollars gone to?

Sorry to add to the drama but seriously! This has gone from ridiculous to RIDONKULOUS!

It's a local ICE RINK!!! You (meaning the jumpers at Mile Hi) have paid LESS to let kids enjoy the rink than you have to TAXES!!!

Tis the season and all.

'Shell

Ok, I'm just fine with Mile Hi doing something to support the community.

However, I do feel compelled to point out to those of you who've said, "If you don't like it, go elsewhere" that there IS no place else to go around here.

So we either accept what goes on at Mile Hi or we don't jump. Not in Colorado.

Those of you who have more than one dz to choose from, appreciate that freedom.

So we either accept what goes on at Mile Hi or we don't jump. Not in Colorado.

Those of you who have more than one dz to choose from, appreciate that freedom.

USPA shows 4 DZ's. Did the other 3 close?

http://uspa.org/dz/states/CO.htm
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.