Squeak

Nice Work Mile Hi CO

That just it though Jewels the jumpers are NOT dontating
the company is. the jumpers are paying for a lift ticket, a service.
them mony is not the operators, they donate it if they choose to.

I agree with you on the point of "if you don't like it go jump somewhere else" but there is a bit of mishandling in the case.

someone made the desicion to let people know why the $1 increase was added the the ticket. (I'm guesing the owner told I dont see how else everyone would know)

the situation is there is a $1 increase as a stipulation of ownership and that dollar has to go to charity and for every dollar collected the dz will match it.

So, in essence it is NOT the dz's dollar. In Essence the DZ donated $5000 of its profits and collected $5000 from its jumpers.

In Essence the DZ dropped it's profits by one dollar for every jump. (unless the increase was $2 above the cost of the normal inflation)

Sometimes people don't need to know all the details of a business agreement.

As you said, squeak, if the prices were raised and noone knew of the donation clause I doubt there'd be much fuss and the DZ would look good in the public view.

I still prefer that if there is a donation that the dz sponsor some kind of raffle or rally for cash.
that way if you don't want to donate to the cause you simply don't have to buy a ticket.
My photos

My Videos

Since there is no qualifier on that question to provide that I must ice skate WELL, the answer is yes, I can ice skate. :)

Can I watch?

Only if you're skating too and you're not laughing too hard at me! And I say we put Cocheese in the skating outfit and let HIM do the graceful swan moves.
TPM Sister #102

lets put it this way jewels,
you start a company, you decide on on a pricing structure for your goods
now
given your nature of being kind hearted, you decide that you will start a fund that gived back to the community. you look at your overheads, and prift margin and decide to raise you over all stock prices by $1 across the board.
That $1 is the $1 that you will put into your fund for your communtiy donation.
so who makes that dontation, you or every customer that comes in.

you do of course.

How who you choose to allocate your funds is YOUR perogative.
there really is no argument here just people who want to labour a non valid point
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Only if you're skating too and you're not laughing too hard at me!

Well, I'm up for fun stuff but I'd be laughing my ass off....at myself.

And I say we put Cocheese in the skating outfit and let HIM do the graceful swan moves.

Then, youre Fuckn-A right I wanna watch.:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

I understand what you're saying. The only distinction I'm drawing is whether it matters that it's set up as a fund where part of the money comes from the jumper and part from the dz, as opposed to the dz collecting all of the revenue and then later designating a certain amount of the profits as a contribution from the business itself. It starts to sound more like the jumpers are making individual contributions when the dz is describing its contribution as a "matching" contribution.

All of that aside, the important thing is, at the end of the day, I am glad to see those moneys being put to good use.
TPM Sister #102

You're on! Bring your rig and your blades. :)

I dont get there until March (ish).
you better get your ass through AFF so I can jump with you.

Remember I said I would lay Base and you can point around me. Or whatever your skills call for at the time.

oh, and I'll be in that tunnel, don't you worry about that. I amy even get there on my way to the springs.
My photos

My Videos

You're on! Bring your rig and your blades. :)

I dont get there until March (ish).
you better get your ass through AFF so I can jump with you.

Remember I said I would lay Base and you can point around me. Or whatever your skills call for at the time.

oh, and I'll be in that tunnel, don't you worry about that. I amy even get there on my way to the springs.

Dude yo do relise when she has finished AFF she is going to be competing in VRW at the nationals,:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

there really is no argument here just people who want to labour a non valid point

Lets not discuss validity of points. Your argument is as baseless as any other here.

The facts are what they are. They are taking money and forcing you to donate and then take the credit and the tax break off themselves. I prefer to take - MY - money that - I - work for and earn, and distribute it to the charities and causes that - I - want to.

I am more likely to give you a blank check to drop on a charity of your choice than I am to be giving any money to any business that wants to make that decision for me.

So you go wait for that check.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I figured with all your tunnel time youve gotta be good at this but I only know what I remember from some other thread when I was telling you about Chilerelleno.

landing a caqnopy is cake. once you get scared you just have to cole your eyes and hold your breath. the rest will come naturally.

(disclaimer; if you're a total moron I'll clarify that my last 2 sentences were bullshit)
My photos

My Videos

Cool, so is Mile-hi a funjumper friendly place,then?
was Steve just bitching at the moments gripe?

Everyone has been great to ME, but I had the advantage of getting to know a lot of people through the tunnel first. I came in with a lot of friends in the hangar to begin with. I've heard that it can be hard to break in and find people to jump with but I ALWAYS have someone to jump with--my instructor! ;) Anyway, we'll introduce you around to make the meet-n-greet period short for you.
TPM Sister #102

I figured with all your tunnel time youve gotta be good at this but I only know what I remember from some other thread when I was telling you about Chilerelleno.

landing a caqnopy is cake. once you get scared you just have to cole your eyes and hold your breath. the rest will come naturally.

(disclaimer; if you're a total moron I'll clarify that my last 2 sentences were bullshit)

LOL--Really? ;)

I like being under canopy. I'm just not good at it yet and I have a lot to learn, although I stood up my very first landing. Yeah, never again, but whatever. As soon as I'm ready, I think a good canopy course is in order.
TPM Sister #102