Squeak

Nice Work Mile Hi CO

My understanding is that they actually have a fee added to their jump ticket prices that put the money into the Memorial fund that this is coming from. The former owners family basically put it as a stipulation that all jumps would have a $1 surcharge that would be added to the fund then then matched by the DZ as part of their terms when the DZ was sold. It was a really sore point for the CO crew for a while since their ticket prices went up and they were all forced into making this "donation" but were not able to write it off of their taxes or anything like that.

Its nice to see a donation like that though.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It was a really sore point for the CO crew for a while since their ticket prices went up and they were all forced into making this "donation" but were not able to write it off of their taxes or anything like that.

Its nice to see a donation like that though.

Well Boo friggin HOOO to the CO crowd, $1.00 increase in jump tickets which generates a $2 dontation to a community cause. and they were up set.:S
YAY communtity spirit :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well Boo friggin HOOO to the CO crowd, $1.00 increase in jump tickets which generates a $2 dontation to a community cause. and they were up set.:S

Personally I don't like someone else deciding what my money is donated to.

Personally I don't like someone else deciding what my money is donated to.
they are not deciding what YOUR money is dontated to.
They raised their prices by a dollar, now they choose to donate said dollar (plus $1 more) to the comminuty.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yes they are, if she paid to jump there.

They raised their prices by a dollar, now they choose to donate said dollar (plus $1 more) to the comminuty.

I'm not saying what they are doing is wrong - but I want to decide where and what my money supports.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm not saying what they are doing is wrong - but I want to decide where and what my money supports.

No they are no, once you pay for your jump, the money is theirs, and they are free to do what ever they want with it.

You can bitch about having prices go up, but you cant bitch about how they choose to use the money once they have it.

if you want to decide where and what your money supports i suggest you investigate the dealings of every establishment you frequent, and find out how many people are using the money you spend in ways that you would prefer they dont.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No they are no, once you pay for your jump, the money is theirs, and they are free to do what ever they want with it.

You can bitch about having prices go up, but you cant bitch about how they choose to use the money once they have it.

if you want to decide where and what your money supports i suggest you investigate the dealings of every establishment you frequent, and find out how many people are using the money you spend in ways that you would prefer they dont.

They do NOT give you a choice - either pay the money, give them a donation - or don't fucking jump there - that seems a LOT like "no choice" to me.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

They do NOT give you a choice - either pay the money, give them a donation - or don't fucking jump there - that seems a LOT like "no choice" to me.

you're missing the point
it does not matter what they charge.
They chose to put their prices up by $1
so if you want to jump you pay the price.

with that $1 increase THEY are choosing to donate it to the community fund.

if you dont want to pay the price go some where else.

EVERY company puts their prices up. WHY they do it has NOTHNIG to do with you. either pay the price or walk
The local store might put a 1% increase on every ticket item in store because they want to use that 1% to fincance a world tip, If you dont want to pay the 1% go somewhere else.

Dont argue a point just for the sake of it suport your point
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It's a dollar. I wasn't around to know that there was any sort of issue on this point, but given the overall cost of what you pay to play--even if you have your own gear and are not on student status--a few dollars over the course of a day, a week, a month is not a big deal. I suspect that if the dz decided *not* to make that donation, the cost of a jump wouldn't go down any. It's nice that they are making a contribution.

I agree generally with the concept that I don't want others forcing me to contribute to their pet cause, but on the other hand, Squeak is right. Frank can charge what he wants to charge for the service he provides. What he does with the income he receives is up to his discretion. I have to say that I prefer to think that money is going back to the community than it is to his pocket. (No offense, Frank!) I would be a lot more upset by it if it was a larger charge, but $1 is not a lot in the big picture. Companies make charitable contributions all the time. We just don't necessarily see those funds ear-marked at the time of purchase.
TPM Sister #102

This has been done.

The fact is that Mile Hi decided that tey would charge everyone a dollar - put that dollar away and use it how they wanted.

If they would have done that and not called it what they called it, and would have been either voluntary or maybe honest about it - there wouldn't be a problem.

Same thing with Skyride - if they would have been honest and ethical about it - there would be a lot more support. The fasct is that they weren't and even now, no matter how much good they do - they will always be the company and organization to avoid at all costs.

My point of view: If they had just raised the rates $1, no one would have thought much about it. An increase of $1 from one year to the next isn't uncommon. Everyone knows the costs of providing services increases over time.

The problem was they raised the rates $1, and told people the money was going to be used for something other than providing the services being purchased.

If the management of a business wants to use it's money for something other than covering the costs of doing business, that is fine, but telling your customers that you are raising prices so you can use the money for something else is a public relations blunder.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This has been done.

The fact is that Mile Hi decided that tey would charge everyone a dollar - put that dollar away and use it how they wanted.

If they would have done that and not called it what they called it, and would have been either voluntary or maybe honest about it - there wouldn't be a problem.

Same thing with Skyride - if they would have been honest and ethical about it - there would be a lot more support. The fasct is that they weren't and even now, no matter how much good they do - they will always be the company and organization to avoid at all costs.
They can call it what ever the hell they want:D:D
and comparing them to skyride is just asinine
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd rather have a $1 charitable contribution on the price of my jump than even a portion of the nickle and dime charges for who-knows-what on my cell phone bill every month.

The one thing that I *do* think MileHi should consider is whether they have any obligation to provide receipts to jumpers after so many jumps to indicate the amount of their donation. I know nothing about how it's supposed to work where charitable contributions are concerned, but this could be more significant over the course of a year if you have some people making hundreds of jumps during that time. Again--not my area of expertise, just a question.
TPM Sister #102

I'd rather have a $1 charitable contribution on the price of my jump than even a portion of the nickle and dime charges for who-knows-what on my cell phone bill every month.

The one thing that I *do* think MileHi should consider is whether they have any obligation to provide receipts to jumpers after so many jumps to indicate the amount of their donation. I know nothing about how it's supposed to work where charitable contributions are concerned, but this could be more significant over the course of a year if you have some people making hundreds of jumps during that time. Again--not my area of expertise, just a question.

That just it though Jewels the jumpers are NOT dontating
the company is. the jumpers are paying for a lift ticket, a service.
them mony is not the operators, they donate it if they choose to.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This has been done.

They can call it what ever the hell they want:D:D
and comparing them to skyride is just asinine

Just because they aren't listed, doesn't mean they aren't the same or don't accept them.

Anyone want to modify the list?

That's precisely my question, though. If the funds are specifically ear-marked for this fund, who is really making the donation? The donation is to the organization set up by MileMi--is it the jumper who pays the additional dollar with the knowledge that it goes to charity, or is the dz that collects the dollar as income and then designates it for the fund? Is there more than just a difference in semantics? I don't know. That's what I mean when I say that I don't know how charitable contributions work.

Edited to add: I suspect you're right, and it's what we've been talking about in terms of all the money going to MileHi and it being THEIR contribution. I just wonder if it changes anything because they've designated the amount and the organization that will receive it ahead of time. Too much accounting and tax law for me . . . . All I know is, the rule is that the money leaves my pocket and goes elsewhere!

Edited AGAIN to add: Did I kill the thread? I mean, if you make it boring enough, it's not worth arguing about, right?
TPM Sister #102