waltappel

Skydiving's biggest star

I once convinced 2 female first jumpers that it was a 1st jump tradition for them to ride the airport beacon naked, since there were 2 of them on it, they rode face to face, holding on to each other to keep balanced. If that doesn't make me the skydiving's biggest star, I don't know what would.

This definately makes you my Biggest Star;)

I once convinced 2 female first jumpers that it was a 1st jump tradition for them to ride the airport beacon naked, since there were 2 of them on it, they rode face to face, holding on to each other to keep balanced. If that doesn't make me the skydiving's biggest star, I don't know what would.

This definately makes you my Biggest StarWink

If you can post video of that, then you've got my vote for biggest star.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

do you even know where europe is? i bet some of your americans believe it`s the capital of Helsinki or something:|B|

Who the fuck cares where Europe is? Everyone knows the universe revolves around the USA!:D:D:D

Walt

greeaaattttt...juuuuust greeeaaaaattttttt!!!!!!!
shut up ang give me a 20pounder BIGMAC...and i want friieeeeessss on it....howdy cowboy!!!

do you even know where europe is? i bet some of your americans believe it`s the capital of Helsinki or something:|B|

Who the fuck cares where Europe is? Everyone knows the universe revolves around the USA!:D:D:D

Walt

shut up ang give me a 20pounder BIGMAC...and i want friieeeeessss on it....howdy cowboy!!!

You want gravy on that? :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Walt

Oooooooooooooooooh that's right--you're a BASE jumper, so the world revolves around YOU.:D:D:D

Walt

Walt

Oooooooooooooooooh that's right--you're a BASE jumper, so the world revolves around YOU.:D:D:D

Walt

hehe...sounds like you have a big issue with base jumpers, has some one been cruel with you??

do you even know where europe is? i bet some of your americans believe it`s the capital of Helsinki or something

***I know very well where Europe is, When I'm feeling down, I like to go there and do a little 3rd world slumming to remind myself how good I have it over here. In the Spirit of Christmas, I'm going to let Jean-Albert have sole posession of the title "Skydivings biggest star". From now on, I will be known as "The worlds most beloved skydiver", write it down.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Really, i know i could do with losing a few pounds (and it's not even christmas yet [:/]).
But no way my ass is big enough to generate enough gravity to attract planetoids >:(

(:P)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

From now on, I will be known as "The worlds most beloved skydiver", write it down.

WTF ? I thought your title was "2nd Handsomest DZO Ever, Behind Billy Cockrell" ? :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

hehe...sounds like you have a big issue with base jumpers, has some one been cruel with you??

Nah, I'm just jealous of their extreme coolness!:D:D

Walt

aha...so that`s your issue..hmm, i though i was the one who where jealous about skydivers with theire fancy smancy color coded dresses,rig and canopies(smallest there is of course)...thanks for clearing up the whole situation here..now i can get in to the brand new year with my head high, thinking for myself...yesss, im cool..i do BASE jumping for fun, i am just as cool as any skydiver...right on broooooo:ph34r:

anyone who is labelled as "skydiving's biggest star" is practically begging for it!:D:D

Are you serious? A third party labels him as something, and that means HE is begging for it? He had no part in that description, trust me. Loic is one of the most humble guys in the whole fucking sport, and talented too but you'll never hear it from him.

When I had about 200 jumps and knew practically nobody in the sport, I did a wingsuit jump with Loic in DeLand. Later that night after beers I had to leave. I wanted to say goodbye to him but noticed he was in a very heated discussion with the entire PD team (Moledzski, Pilcher, etc). He was describing some canopy mods he had come up with for swooping and they were all VERY intently listening. I did not have the balls to interrupt so I tried to sneak out behind him. Halfway to my car I heard somebody running behind me and I turned around and Loic was chasing me down to say goodbye.

This thread fucking pisses me off.

And for the record, Loic is probably the person most mentioned to me by whuffo work colleagues. And within the sport his Soul Flyers movies are some of the most popular. Search for "skydiving" on Youtube and sort by rating. Guess what's at the top? So that does make him a pretty big star, but again, it's NOT IMPORTANT TO HIM. PD and the country of France agree.

How many people trashing him have ever had a conversation with him?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Are you serious? A third party labels him as something, and that means HE is begging for it? He had no part in that description, trust me. Loic is one of the most humble guys in the whole fucking sport, and talented too but you'll never hear it from him.

One more time reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow:

------------------------------------------------
This is all just good-natured joking around.
------------------------------------------------

Repeat 500 times or until you get the general idea.

Jeez!!!

I don't doubt that he's humble. The humble people I know have the ability to laugh and not take themselves too seriously. Some of the people they know actually realize that and don't get bent out of shape at some good-natured ribbing.

Walt