waltappel

Skydiving's biggest star

I once convinced 2 female first jumpers that it was a 1st jump traditional for them to ride the airport beacon naked, since there were 2 of them on it, they rode face to face, holding on to each other to keep balanced. If that doesn't make me the skydiving's biggest star, I don't know what would.

You are bad man.>:(

Walt

Walt, if you wont tell me who skydiving's biggest star is, I'll just have to continue to worship you. And Turtle.
:D

I can't tell you who skydiving's biggest star is, but rumor has it that these people can!

Imagine THAT! they just happen to have a skydiving Illinois center!
Walt

skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Is "speed flying" the same as "swooping"???

No. Speed flying is ground launching. The canopies are the same or very similar though.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Fromt the same article:
***Wingsuit flying is the practice of gliding wearing only a special jumpsuit.[/quote]

Well shit...if that's the case, my S-3 is now on the market, cuz I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment!

Blues,
Dave

What, No parachute?
My photos

My Videos

I can name at least a half dozen local guys that would make him look like a student.:D:D:D

Across two different disciplines he has been a world cup winner, 5 times national champion, twice europen champion and twice a medallist at the world meet, is regarded by everyone that knows him as being the best wingsuiter on the planet not to mention being the guy that did this... and you know half a dozen guys who could make him look like a student! You must have some obscenely talented friends.

There's a lot of hate flying around in this thread for what was written about him while he was lying in a hospital bed - that's just sad.[:/]
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

There's a lot of hate flying around in this thread for what was written about him while he was lying in a hospital bed - that's just sad.[:/]

I don't think there' any hate--just trash talking--and anyone who is labelled as "skydiving's biggest star" is practically begging for it!:D:D

I'm sure everyone here wishes him all the best in his recovery.

Walt

Across two different disciplines he has been a world cup winner, 5 times national champion, twice europen champion and twice a medallist at the world meet, is regarded by everyone that knows him as being the best wingsuiter on the planet not to mention being the guy that did this... and you know half a dozen guys who could make him look like a student!

*** Do I sense a man crush here?

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Across two different disciplines he has been a world cup winner, 5 times national champion, twice europen champion and twice a medallist at the world meet, is regarded by everyone that knows him as being the best wingsuiter on the planet not to mention being the guy that did this... and you know half a dozen guys who could make him look like a student!

Do I sense a man crush here?

C'mon, he's got a point. You don't know half a dozen guys that could make someone who fucks up under canopy and get hurt look like a student.

You know a *lot* more than a half dozen!!!:D:D

Walt

I stand corrected, we have no extremely talented, championship level jumpers here in flyover land:|

Thanks for setting me straight on that.:|

That's not what he said. He simply claimed that he doubts there are too many people who will make Loic look like a student. Being in your corner of the world or anywhere else for that matter. That's not demeaning to anyone.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Why is everyone getting so steamed? Where's that European sense of humor? Jean-Albert doesn't seem to mind our poking fun, of course he's probably way too busy taking out restraining orders on his salad tossing wannabe fan club to read DZ.com. Why don't you guys lighten up a little, maybe try to get laid. (Not you Jean-Albert, I'm sure you're swimming in women)

Get well soon
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

Why is everyone getting so steamed? Where's that European sense of humor? Jean-Albert doesn't seem to mind our poking fun, of course he's probably way too busy taking out restraining orders on his salad tossing wannabe fan club to read DZ.com. Why don't you guys lighten up a little, maybe try to get laid. (Not you Jean-Albert, I'm sure you're swimming in women)

Get well soon

do you even know where europe is? i bet some of your americans believe it`s the capital of Helsinki or something:|B|