KathleenL

Moving to East Tennessee

Kathleen, Welcome to East Tn! We have a lot of quality people that enjoy our DZ. We would welcome you and your husband to join us.

Regarding where to live in Knoxville, two of our jumpers are real estate agents in the local market. Both are good folks and good jumpers.

Donna sold my home in Pigeon Forge and found my current home in South Knoxville. Here's contact info for both of them.

Donna Copeland 865 414-1260. David O'Dell 865 806-6228.

Happy Holidays!
Gary

Skydive Smoky Mountains is a rapidly growing drop in East Tennessee and is an easy 45 mile interstate drive from downtown Knoxville. We have been in our current location for three seasons and before this we were pretty much shut down for 2 years, so in essence we are really starting over. We will be running three Cessnas this year and we are starting to bat around the idea of a turbine. We are located on a farm in Greene County just east of Morristown. The scenery is gorgeous, with the Nolichucky river a short walk away and outstanding views of the appalachian mountains to the east.

As for real estate agents, i would recommend Donna. Her web site is http://www.knoxville-area-mls.com/

As for real estate agents, i would recommend Donna. Her web site is http://www.knoxville-area-mls.com/

I would expect nothing less from you, seeing how you're married to her and all. ;) I would recommend Donna too, Mary gave her some great reviews.

Kathleen - yes, there is some truth to that rumor, I'm just working on getting a job first. Skydive Smoky Mountains is a great little DZ, great people, beautiful scenery, good times. Jumping out of the Cessna is fun sometimes. And it's nice to just be able to go out and jump on a Friday afternoon.

The people at SSM aren't really on dropzone.com that much, they are not NEARLY the post whores that the ATL crew is. :P But there is a pretty good community of skydivers in the area.

And yes, Spence, I think the Roaming DZ is long overdue for a trip and SSM would be a great DZ to invade for a weekend. We could do 14 way formation loads with the 3 Cessnas! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Don't forget the pay raise moving to no state tax!

And don't forget paying out the nose for everything with a 9.5% Sales Tax...:S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hi Kathleen:
I had dinner with John Dean and Lauralicious tonight. They have many good things to say about you guys - welcome to our world! We're a small but friendly bunch. You'll have to get used to Cessna's but they're okay once you get used to it. I think Gary Speer posted my phone number - I'm a realtor also (Laura tells me you are too) so feel free to call me and I'll get you set up with custom listing reports on our MLS site. Its a very good one. Look forward to meeting you- Donna Copeland 865-414-1260 -or- [email protected] www.knoxville-area-mls.com

Party pooper!

SSM is a fun "little" DZ. I enjoy it bunch.

The bunch there can teach you any thing you want and if the right kind of folks are there they can even teach you things you dont want to know! (or wont ask in public sober!):P

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Don't forget the pay raise moving to no state tax!

And don't forget paying out the nose for everything with a 9.5% Sales Tax...:S

Hmmmm let me see i can choose not to purchase something and pay less taxes or i can choose to make less money and pay less taxes.... Hmmmmmm such a hard decision. I think if my goal is to give government less money then i will stop buying as much stuff. Where as states with income taxes???? whatcha gonna do not earn as much???? I DON"T THINK SOOOOO..... ;););););)

Skydive Smoky Mountains is a great place to jump -- it's on a small private grass strip airport with great people, a great DZO, and a beautiful place to jump! And a good mix of belly fliers and free fliers.

BTW, since Remote Area Medical has formed an airborne division a few years ago, they have done a few demo jumps around the Knoxville and Scott County area. I don't know if you're old enough to remember the TV show "Wild Kingdom", but Stan Brock (the guy who used to wrestle the wild animals) is the guy that heads up RAM.

Welcome to Knoxville!

BTW.......a useless trivia moment

Knoxvile is closer to Canada than it is to Memphis.

No way. Memphis to Knoxville would probably be a 7 hour drive. It takes 8 to go straight from nashville to just chicago.

He may have been thinking that the state of Tennessee from the easternmost point to Memphis is farther than the distance from Knoxville to Canada - across the border from Detroit. It's an all-day drive that's for damn sure.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

All Tennessee is divided into three parts.
Memphis is the western, Nashville is the center and
Knoxville is the eastern. Knoxville is in the Eastern
Time Zone, whereas the other two are Central Time.
Interstate 40 was only completed going into
Knoxville back in the 1970's. (Why the delay?
Because 'that' part always voted 'Republican' and
the other two parts were 'Democrat' and contolled
the money.) Knoxville is an hour's drive from
the birth place of Davy Crockett and is also near
the home and burial place of the 17th. president
of the U.S. (Andrew Johnson from Johnson City.)
Stay out of town when the university of tennessee
plays football...their statium holds 106,000
enthusiasts (and yes, that number is correct.)
You will be at the gateway to the great Smokie Mountains. They will take your breath away and
when the leaves change color in the fall, it will be
a memory to keep. They are really not set up
to deal with ice and snow...but that's how it is.
It is about 200 miles from Memphis to Nashville
and another 200 to Knoxville. Tennessee is the
only state in the U.S. to be boarder by 7 other
states. Al Gore used to be our US senator and he
voted 'yes' for every tax increase there ever was.
There are several good areas to live just a short drive from the city. Be patient, it will be different living there. Since everyone from the northeast
has to travel through Knoxville going South, traffic
is always a factor of time.
grace, peace and blue skies

I was born in Charlotte, NC, but have always considered Asheville my favorite place in the world.I now live in the North, but try to travel South on a regular basis. I start getting really excited when I get to Knoxville, because that is where the scenery really begins to change to something gorgeous. The drive around Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Asheville is only beaten in beauty by walking around those three places.
Take Brierebecca up on her offer. The skydivers she hangs with are top notch and lots of fun! They have miles of experience, and will keep you in stitches!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]