KathleenL

Moving to East Tennessee

Well, the husbands job is moving us to Knoxville TN. Does anyone have any idea about dropzones in the area. The only one I see on USPA is skydive smoky mountains. Their website has not been updated in years. Is it still operational? I am going to hate not being close to skydive the farm. :(
Has anyone ever lived in Knoxville? We don't have any idea where to even look for a house?

Kathleen

All I know about Knoxville is when I was there one Saturday in the fall, the city about looked dead. Probably 75% of the population were at the football game! :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow RAM looks interesting especially since I was a FMF Navy Corpsman and followed the Marines around all over South East Asia. I tell you what Marines can hurt themselves in the strangest ways. I will have to look them up when I get up there.
I feel better knowing that the drive back to the Farm will not be too bad.:)

Tullahoma out by Chattanooga might still be operating?

Well, not every weekend per se. I think Mike Mullins hosts a boogie there once in a while with his King Air, but that's all I know.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wish, Mike is in MEMPHIS on the opposite side of the state and very far away.

Fixed it for you. Failed Geography in school, didn't ya? :ph34r:

Thanks, and yes you can thank the North Carolina public school system for that.

I thought they were better than Alabama's? :S Well maybe it's just me... I'm good at geography, english and history. Math drives me batshit, especially anything above algebra. :P

Yes Skydive Smokey Mountains is open and we are jumping today.....:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I know we don't have a turbine or anything but we have good people and three really fast Cessna's;);););)
or at least that is what Kip would have you believe... We have some really good Belly Fliers, and couple of good Free Fliers, and one little baby bird who is looking for someone to flock with

We have a Google group going as well if you want to check that out...
http://groups.google.com/group/skydive-smoky-mountains

There is a small contingent of us in Chattanooga - we tend to have taco nights on monday here - you should make the trip one night and join us.

:)
Brie

"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

I don't think so i really don't know what county Moristown is in. SDSM is about 40 min from downtown K-town. I-40E to I-81N to exit 15 (Fish Hatchery Road) take a right, mile and a half on the right. You can't miss us. We jump most Fridays and every Saturday and Sunday. Yall come see us ya hear...

Brie that TACO night comment can be taken in so many ways.;)

As I am part of said "small contingent"; I must say:

The FISH tacos are the BEST! ;)

You mean you're not in Knoxville anymore?
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried