auburnguy

Turning 21

Taking suggestions. What should I do when I turn 21? Its in a little over a month but its on a monday... I don't just want to be sitting in my apartment in Auburn drinking by myself so throw out some ideas.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Ahhhh ... age is truly wasted on the youth.

I have absolutely no idea what that means.

My liver thinks I should steer of any DZ's.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

I promptly went to the grocery store late at night on the eve of my 21st birthday while I was in college, and took a case of beer to the checkout lane at 12:01 AM. And yes, I showed my drivers license to the cashier, a cute girl. All she did was smile.

Man I should have invited her to come over after her shift. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Taking suggestions. What should I do when I turn 21? Its in a little over a month but its on a monday... I don't just want to be sitting in my apartment in Auburn drinking by myself so throw out some ideas.

Call me in 30 yrs. If I'm still alive.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I smell more beer in the Farm's near future!
:)
Dude...you shouldn't have let this cat out of the bag.
:S:D:D

My 21st...I took a case out to a bunker at the flightline perimeter with the Vietnamese guards and drank myself into a stupor and then stumbled over with the rest of the gang at the end of the runway watching the Phantoms taking off and landing over our heads through the clouds of smoke we were generating.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I love the irony highlighted by popsjumper and BillyVance's posts - old enough (by a number of years) to put your life on the line in a combat zone, and (just about) to buy your own beer.

Funny old world, isn't it? ;)

In the UK you can do both, technically, at 18. There was an outcry recently when some 17-year olds were sent to Iraq, but it's pretty exceptional. Whereas underage drinking is not! :D