swedishcelt

strep throat

Now how am I supposed to teach with that???
How many times a year does the average person get it?
I must get it 3 to 5 times a year! Ouch.

Are you just guessing or have you had a culture done. It has been many years since I have had that and if you get it that often there is *definitely* a problem. Your immune system may be weakened.

Walt

Do you still have your tonsils? I had mine taken out when I was young because I got strep a lot. I think I've had it only twice since.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

besides brushing teeth, gargling with mouthwash, start gargling with a a warm salt water solution at least every two weeks if not once a week before bed. I do twice a week on monday morning before I start my day, and thursday evening before I end my day...

I use 1and1/2tsp of salt to 10-12oz of the hottest tap water that I can stand and gargle that whole solution.
It can and will gag the holy (did I hear you are a "Nun"?, i'm not out of line with that word am I ?;)) ...crap out of ya in the beginning but over time (cpl months) it will be more tolerable!

You can rinse with clear water if you want.

I will do this 2-3 a day if my throat starts to feel scratchy (winter /summer doesn't matter) just to quell any bad bacteria that may be trying to invade me...

Have not had strep in 30+yearsB|, I have been a smoker 28yrs (ack:o) but my kids have!!

They'll learn!!!:S[:/]>:(;)

after I posted I saw the tonsil thing between you and Andy... I STILL HAVE MINE!

Make sure that you are changing out your toothbrush and coffee cups....you may be reinfecting yourself in some way - just something to think about.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!