Broke

To all the guys getting engaged

Just cause you couldn't manage to have a successful marriage is no reason to be mean to other people. There are lots of people that are happily married out there.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I wish all of those recently engaged many many many years of happiness together.

I gave my marriage 110% for 10 years and it still failed, there for I will never do it again. Its just not worth it. Yeah I made mistakes, but he made 90% of them. From here on out as committed as I will ever be will be living with someone, and that will take a long time for me to even get to that point. Ive had my heart put thru a meat grinder once, it will never happen again.

Just cause you couldn't manage to have a successful marriage is no reason to be mean to other people. There are lots of people that are happily married out there.

C'mon, Sunny, it's joke!!!!

I remember listening to some news on the radio one time. They reported that a guy had been driving down a street and saw that he was driving my a wedding procession coming out of a church. Apparently he was a hardcore wiseass so he stuck his head out the window and yelled, "SUCKER!!!!!" at the groom and hit a parked car.:D:D:D:D

Walt

Yeah but most people didn'tbuy the ring drunk. :S

Why buy her a diomand when she won' last forever?

If the tradition were to get "Married to [insert name here]" tattoos instead of exchanging rings, I'm sure people would be far more careful in their selection of marriage partners.

Walt

C'mon, Sunny, it's joke!!!!

Blah blah blah. I truly beleive the OP is just jealous cause his marriage sucked so he's trying to make himself feel better by being mean to others. I'm not cool with that.

I still love you though even if we disagree on this. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I wish all of those recently engaged many many many years of happiness together.

I gave my marriage 110% for 10 years and it still failed, there for I will never do it again. Its just not worth it. Yeah I made mistakes, but he made 90% of them. From here on out as committed as I will ever be will be living with someone, and that will take a long time for me to even get to that point. Ive had my heart put thru a meat grinder once, it will never happen again.

I don't think that Doc and I ever thought either one of us would get remarried.....here we are. you may change your mind years from now if you meet the right guy.

Congrats to everyone!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Congrats to all the newly engaged!! B|

And on a side note: I'm watching my friends drop like flies... I know at least a dozen 19-22 year olds who have gotten engaged/married in the past few months. I wish them all the happiness in the world, but I just don't see the rush...

About a year ago, I *thought* that was what I wanted. I was wrong. Very wrong. I am, by no means, ready to make that kind of a promise to another person. Mind you, I'm only 22 - so this might not be relevant to those who recently announced their engagement on dz.com.

But I can't help but think many of my friends are going to experience too many heart aches and too much stress (ya know, more than a "normal" marriage) fighting to make these young marriages work.

I wish them all the happiness in the world, I just don't understand the rush to make that kind of a decision so young.

Wedding vows might as well say, "...'tilll I get fed up with you", instead of, "...'till death do us part". I actually know one couple that were married with such vows.

A married woman with children has so many things encouraging the decision to get a divorce. There are tremendous advantages, and no downside to that decision for a woman, apart from leaving her husband.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

A married woman with children has so many things encouraging the decision to get a divorce. There are tremendous advantages, and no downside to that decision for a woman, apart from leaving her husband.

Have you lost your mind? There are all kinds of down sides to making that decision. I can't believe you truly think that it's easier to walk away from the marriage, especially when you have kids, than it is to stay in it.:|

Yeah!

Broke, that was officially a punkass post. My lovelife is shit right now too but I'm not going to shit on anyone else's parade because of it.

Just stirring the pot a little is all. I still kinda believe in love and that stuff, but I am far from ready to decide that I want to be with someone else for the rest of my life again. Considering the first time didn't work out so well.

Cheer up Sweed you'll find someone truly deserving of you.

People like John and vk kinda give me hope for the rest of us out there.

As for those working on the whole marrage thing. Make sure she really wants it, and it is not just part of some plan, because when she finnally gets everything in her plan she will ask, "What now?" Then end result of which is never a good thing
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

As for those working on the whole marrage thing. Make sure he really wants it, and it is not just part of some plan, because when he finally gets everything in his plan he will ask, "What now?" Then end result of which is never a good thing

Corrections made.

And to that one, I can add my mom and dad. :)
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

As for those working on the whole marrage thing. Make sure he really wants it, and it is not just part of some plan, because when he finally gets everything in his plan he will ask, "What now?" Then end result of which is never a good thing

Corrections made.

And to that one, I can add my mom and dad. :)

well you stuff happened your way min happened the other way

I myself have been stuggling with the idea of getting divorced. But I often ask myself are things not working because I don't want them too? Was I too young to be tyed down to one person? My husband IS a good man, and a good father, so why am I bored with him?

The above was posted a year before she finnally told me she wasn't happy and wanted a divorce
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

well you stuff happened your way min happened the other way

That's my point. Each one of us has been hurt by a relationship gone bad.

To say that anyone getting engaged is being a "SUCKER" is mean. There are plenty of people that are happily married. People who know and understand that it takes a commitment, communication, a willingness to see both sides of an issue, and to come to the appropriate decisions together - as a couple.

Wish the upcoming newlyweds all the happiness and love they deserve. Don't tell them they're suckers just 'cause you're bitter.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.