ExAFO

Sudden loss of spicy food tolerance...

So the past few weeks, it would seem that food with the slightest bit of heat (scoville scale, not fahrenheit) is no longer palatable or tolerable for me... I used to get the hot stuff at a Thai restaurant, but now the slightest bit of heat is unpleasant or intolerable...

Anyone have this happen? WTF is going on w/me?
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

So the past few weeks, it would seem that food with the slightest bit of heat (scoville scale, not fahrenheit) is no longer palatable or tolerable for me... I used to get the hot stuff at a Thai restaurant, but now the slightest bit of heat is unpleasant or intolerable...

Anyone have this happen? WTF is going on w/me?

Menopause?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, I was going to respond but I'd be called a pussy too.
:D

Fuck it, though.:D
I used to love tabasco. I know there are hotter sauces but I like the FLAVOR of tabasco. Its been tearing my stomach out lately. I wonder if I'm developing an ulcer of if I finally just wore away the lining of my stomach.[:/]

My photos

My Videos

I used to love tabasco. I know there are hotter sauces but I like the FLAVOR of tabasco. Its been tearing my stomach out lately. I wonder if I'm developing an ulcer of if I finally just wore away the lining of my stomach.[:/]

I do believe people can only tolerate the hot sauces for so long. You don't want to imbibe in it on a regular basis. Just once in a while. Or take a long break in your case and see if your stomach lining recovers.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Pussy :P

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

Tell that to my dad. That fucker eats habeneros and sweats the sauce.:D

Is he bald too? I've heard that can be a side effect... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Gastro reflux.
I only get it from spicy food and sometimes lying flat on a bed.
It is just one of those things, read about it.

I still eat spicy food and then afterwards remember the feeling i have to have with the hot sour taste in the back of my throat when i least expect it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I do believe people can only tolerate the hot sauces for so long. You don't want to imbibe in it on a regular basis. Just once in a while. Or take a long break in your case and see if your stomach lining recovers.

Capsaicin does NO physical damage. Prolonged exposure will not wear away the stomach lining.

I make my own sauce from Caribbean Red Habaneros ( 25% hotter than regualr habaneros at around 450,000 scoville) and Naga Morich ( 1,000,000+ scoville)

I use it on everything and it makes tobasco sauce look like cool aid.
How much or how little you "should" use it is a personal preference.

There are no health concerns unless you already have some underlying condition, ulcer, esophogeal erosion, etc.
Capsaicin doesnt cause them, but it can sure irritate the hell out of existing ones.

If anything, barring other previously mentioned conditions, your tolerance goes UP over time, not down.
__

My mighty steed

Gastro reflux.
I only get it from spicy food and sometimes lying flat on a bed.
It is just one of those things, read about it.

I still eat spicy food and then afterwards remember the feeling i have to have with the hot sour taste in the back of my throat when i least expect it.

Prilosec or Nexium is your friend. ;)

that sauce sounds very interesting.. i'd like to try that! mhm, hot, yummy..

Its good shit. I'm the hot sauce pusher in my office. I have 3 or 4 guys that
keep coming back for more.

I dont cheat like some folks do though. Some people add pure capsaicin extract to make super hot sauce.
Thats lame.

Mine is all natural. All the heat comes from fresh Habanero and Naga Morich peppers that I grew myself.

Its not for the faint of heart though :)
__

My mighty steed

Prilosec or Nexium is your friend

Pepcid AC is good too...

What always amazes me is how my mexican and indian friends can handle hot sauces on breakfasts! Just a drop of the sauce is too much for me. They must give it to their babies to build up that cast iron stomach!:o

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

i suffer from similar problems. Mine are caused by the GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease).

Do some reading on it. GERD sucks, and once you get some damage in your esophagus, you might not be able to eat hot stuff again. I have taken a few courses of the Prilocec OTC. Which takes care of the GERD for several months, but it always comes back.

Be careful because the stomach acid can do all sorts of damage to your throat and mouth too.

http://www.gerd.com/consumer/gerd.aspx

One thing that I never venture too far without is this:http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=567842&previousURI=/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/search?ActiveCat=499^Query=tagamet
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

To be honest, that happened to a friend of mine. I went through a time where i had to sleep with my head raised because of that feeking but now only have it after eating spicy ffod. The cause of this permanent condition to my friend that you are having, for him was an ulcer.

The cause of the problem while you are sleeping is gastro reflux and GRAVITY. The trick is to place a housing brick under the head base of the bed to raise it up a bit for it to not happen. Have you tried this as it is exactly the same as buying the recliner to sleep in. Raise the bed on an angle so you are not lying flat., some principle of the recliner. I suggest getting checked for an ulcer otherwise it will just be a bad non curable case of reflux. Do some reading there is alot out there and it is pretty common.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

that sauce sounds very interesting.. i'd like to try that! mhm, hot, yummy..

Its good shit. I'm the hot sauce pusher in my office. I have 3 or 4 guys that
keep coming back for more.

I dont cheat like some folks do though. Some people add pure capsaicin extract to make super hot sauce.
Thats lame.

Mine is all natural. All the heat comes from fresh Habanero and Naga Morich peppers that I grew myself.

Its not for the faint of heart though :)

are you my friend? will you send me a bottle!? :)
that sure sounds like good shit. i'm not a faint heart at all if it comes to hot stuff. i LOVE it! B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda