DeadHead881

Private Pilots license

Thanks Everyone for the awesome advice!!

By the way my flight got canceled to due the wind:( but im scheduled for next weekend so keep your fingers crossed!

I love what all you guys have to say...I am really looking forward to this i plan on flying once a week hopefully but at least once every two weeks...I just turned 18 not to long ago so i was finally able to start getting my AFF and go for the private pilots license as well! Those two things are something ive wanted to do for as long as i can remember so im glad its happening! I will take your advice to heart and keep you guys posted! Thanks again

Josh

What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail...

Don't forget about the fuel in the fuel truck.

okay, then the three most useless things

The sky above you
The runway behind you
and the fuel in the fuel truck.

:D:D:D
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Don't forget about the fuel in the fuel truck.

okay, then the three most useless things

The sky above you
The runway behind you
and the fuel in the fuel truck.

:D:D:D
linz

Chicken in the bucket back at the FBO
Lemurs not gainfully employed
Housecats not attacking Yorkshire Terriers.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Don't run out of money.

The longer you take between flights, the longer it will take you to progress quickly.

Aviation is a big sucker for your money, and to be successful, it helps if you have the money already, so you can focus more on the flying. Flying and worrying about money at the same time brings frustration. So if you don't have the money to finish, focus on getting the money first, then focus on the flying.

For your oral exam, which may be a bit of a stress, know whatever is in the PTS, and you'll be fine. Some things you need to simply memorize; do it, other things you have to understand (pay your instructor). Don't pay your instructor to watch you memorize.

http://www.sugery-videos.com/watch/?vid=17580 Watch this about 3 times.

Almost all instructors suck the first 100 hours, and student pilots usually get stuck with the new guy if you're training in a flight school.
I like subway.

Well, I'm not sure of that.
I've been out of fuel, and I've been on fire. Didn't particularly like either of those flights, but I think being both on fire and out of fuel at the same time would have to be classified as having a REALLY BAD DAY.
Zing Lurks

Well, I'm not sure of that.
I've been out of fuel, and I've been on fire. Didn't particularly like either of those flights, but I think being both on fire and out of fuel at the same time would have to be classified as having a REALLY BAD DAY.

I poop too much.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Had lowfuel lights come on, but never ran out. Had more than one erroneous firelight come on. They used to try to trick you in the simulator by giving you a fire light on your last good engine. Don't want to secure the only one you got if your on final. Losts of slapped hands and embarrassed pilots. Me? Nooo.:)

Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

http://www.sugery-videos.com/watch/?vid=17580

Must have been on the east coast. DPE's out in LA wear sweatshirts and jeans. Puts the candidates a lot more at ease.

Even the FAA Ops Inspectors out here wore polo shirts and leather jackets when giving me Part 135 check rides!
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."